“propel yourself!” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Kerala Kayaking is 1st company in Alleppey introduce kayaking tour in Alleppey backwater. we are also provide single track cycling in village. Travelers can choose Kayak and cycle together. See the peaceful villages, smiling children and farmers hard at work. An excellent opportunity to see day today life of villagers, local people engaged in paddy cultivation, Temples, fishing, duck rearing, and shell and mud collection for the farms. Mechanized shikkara boat act as support boat.Morning Trips Starts at 6:30 AM onward. Sit On Top beginners advance kayak with guide. Enjoy the real local life. Mineral water, Juice, Snacks, Tender Coconut, Tea, taste toddy & local dishes. Visit the small canal with kayak. We are doing 4 hour, 7 hours, 10 hours daily kayaking tours as well as 1 night, 2 night, 3 night kayaking expedition tour packages also.
berlin
“propel yourself!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

i sit in an office all day, so when I'm on holidays I like to move about a bit. Kayaking seemed like a nice way of getting a sense of the area. I didn't really know what to expect - desparately needed paddling instruction, a lecture in the history of kerala (which Seems like a fascinating place), awkward interaction with locals where both you and they are wondering why you're there? Turned out to be just a pleasant early morning paddle with a friendly local - perfect.

binu j, Owner at Kerala Kayaking, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
hi,

I am really happy to see your review ... We are very glad you to spend a your valuable time to write for us ..

Thanks, & Regards,
For All Team Member Kerala Kayaking

Valls, Catalunya
“Great and different experience in the backwaters”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

We want to do a different way to see the backwaters in Alleppey. We like to paddle in kayak, and we enjoy a 4 hour tour in the different canals of the backwaters. We enjoy a lot, especially in the narrow canal, looking very close the local life of the community.
The guide did a good job, the kayaks are high quality and we enjoy a perfect mid-day!!!!
Highly recommended!!
Enric from Catalonia!

Visited December 2012
binu j, Owner at Kerala Kayaking, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
hi,

Thanks for your review .. It was really a nice experience to travel with you.. Come back again..

Thanks,
For All Team Members Kerala Kayaking , Alleppey
Bristol, England, United Kingdom
“Stunning, peaceful and professional journey through backwater villagelife.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

Thank you Binu for taking us out kayaking in Allepey. We absolutely loved your friendly, honest and professional approach. The morning was perfectly organised, with attention to detail and personal touches such as providing unexpected snacks and drinks for two hungry kayakers. The trip was tailor made to our needs and allowed maximum time paddling through the smaller and more often unseen canals through villlages. Binu was the perfect guide, giving us time to paddle independently, whilst also personally leading us through smaller canals and talking about the life of the people there, as well as the wildlife. A small motor boat followed us on the lake and bigger canals, and dropped us at the mouth of smaller canals, collecting us at the end. This meant that if we had moments of tiredness, we could be towed along, sipping on fresh coconut water. During our time in Allepey we have been on a traditional canoe tour and a house boat, but this kayaking trip was the highlight for me. So much more peaceful and serene than the big boats. Thank you again Binu! I hope your eco-friendly and thoughtful business thrives!

Visited November 2012
Hi,

I am really thankful you to a wonderful Review ...Off course more Inspiration you give me during tour . One of the most important highlight in your trip is we get opportunity to find another small canal .

Once Again Many Thanks,
From All Team Members Kerala Kayaking
UK
“Great time seeing the backwaters by kayak”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

Myself and my team (3 friends) did a 7 hour daily tour with a month or so back and it was a great experience. The highlight on the kayak for me was going down the narrow canal that no boats can go down so a truly unique way to experience the backwaters. The time on the kayak and back on the boat are nicely mixed so it doesn't feel too much of a hard slog if you are less experienced.

The food stop for lunch was great (especially if you like fish and seafood like I do) and the afternoon tea and snack stop was delicious too. I would highly recommend this if you are in the Aleppey area. Thanks Binu and good luck. Alan.

Hi,

Thanks for your time to share your experience in our page . we were most excited to do your trip because before confirm the reservation we had only 2 kayak and 3 people can paddle at a time. we already ordered 3 more kayaks . I thought kayak will arrive before 15 days of your Tour. So i confirmed your reservation . But the Ship got delayed and not transported to our place . Then I know that i can't meet your inquiry . But i don't like to tell that only 3 person can paddle at a time. What should I do is , Contacted other company and buy a new one of Higher price and paid Triple transportation cost to reach kayak in our place one time. I get the kayak one day before for your prior arrival .

we assure 100 % support and Sincere to all our clients take our kayaking

From All Team Members Kerala Kayaking
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
“Will never forget this one!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

The guide took us through calm an narrow canals where we could have a look at the day-to-day routine of the local community. It was a discrete way of observing the environment and quite a work-out as well.We paddeled almost the whole day and were happy and tired in the evening.
The guide is an excellent host, very caring and friendly.
I still see us having coconut water in the middle of a lake... fantastic memory!

Hi,

I am really happy to see your review .. It was a great experience me to paddle with you on the small canals . The three things are highlight in your kayaking tour
1) we are going to find new routes to alleppey backwaters . Some place i never went . So it amazing and thrilling experience for all our group
2) you are 1st client to took our 1 night kayaking tour package
3) I never forget the dinner are beach side restaurant with Beer

Thank you very much for you once again...

For All Team members ,