been to krishnendu to 5 nights in dec'12, with family of 4 adults. was nice experience to young / kids / oldage. was 1st time in kerala and 1st time for ayurvedic massage, so have to believe on whatever they've treated. basically looking for treatment on sinusiteous. received 3 days of nasyam but still awaiting for treatment effect. rest rejuvenation massage was relaxing.
even though 50km from alleppey, need to arrange 1500INR to-n-fro transportation for house boat ride or city shopping ride. near by shops gets close very early, so have to prepare for water bottles by 6pm itself.
- theropy staff is good. was not sure, what to do before and after massage. will be good, if resident Dr. explain this.
- food was good. b'fast/lunch/dinner was nice. bravo rajini. she tried her best to feel real kerala taste. though fish curry was not that authentic...
- ambiance is superb. just open the window at 6am in morning and till 8am, you'll feel good. swiming pool is also well maintened. good one ramesh (nepali guy)
- evening 7pm Dhoop is surprise. we almost forgot importance of this but it enlightened memories.... again thanx to ramesh.
points for improvement :
- missed out detaux prog. initial briefing with resident Dr was very short. even expecting long session with Dr mohan. not sure, but just finished in 5 min's.
- needs to arrange detailed discharge session. you cannot wind-up in 5 min's.
- dropped a big list, in feedback box. hopefully Dr Mohan and his team will read and make room for improvement.
- basic language communication in english is barrier to staff. have to explain simple things twice.
- advisable to be clear on what points included in package and whats discharge summary. otherwise be ready to hear "we told you in mail"... wont say its hidden cost
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- welcome to Krishnendu Ayurveda spa and wellness center, True spirits and essence of classical Ayurveda for the challenges of modern world problems like stress, obesity and low immunity. Proven relaxation procedures,fitness programs, authentic rejuvenation and curative programs with precise hygiene standards in a fascinating ambiance. Rated as best in class for pure Ayurveda treatments and formulations with top accreditation. Krishnendu Ayurvedic Hospital is a one of its kind premier facility nestled at picturesque Chingoli, a quiet village in Alappuzha District, Kerala. This pioneering hospital, established by late M.C. KUNJURAMAN VAIDYAN and further developed by Vaidya Kala Nidhi. R.KRISHNAN VAIDYAN, is a repository of rich wisdom in Ayurveda and holistic medicines accumulated over four generations. The smiles we have been collecting made us the conspicuous veterans of Ayurvedic Treatment in Kerala. All medicines utilized at Krishnendu are prepared by strictly adhering to authentic ancient Ayurvedic formulae. The therapies are performed by a respected, professional group of well-experienced Therapists. The areas of medical specialisation include Internal Medicine, Arthritis and Spine disorder, and Rejuvenation – to restore optimal health and well-being. Krishnendu is doubly blessed. It is an institution with a wealth of knowledge acquired through tradition while its doctors are trained in modern medical colleges and hospitals. Additionally, Krishnendu is also conferred with the Green Leaf Certification – by the Department of Tourism, Government of Kerala - which signifies the hospital as a genuine Ayurveda institution. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with MakeMyTrip and Agoda so you can book your Krishnendu Ayurveda Wellness Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Krishnendu Ayurveda Wellness Centre Kerala/Alappuzha, India