“Experiences of Krisnendu Wellness Centre” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Krishnendu Ayurveda Wellness Centre

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Alappuzha
Krishnendu Ayurveda Wellness Centre
You added Krishnendu Ayurveda Wellness Centre to your Saves list
Chingoli, Karthikappally, Alappuzha 690 532, India   |
Offers & Announcements
Complimentary Massage
Ranked #47 of 60 Hotels in Alappuzha
Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum), India
“Experiences of Krisnendu Wellness Centre”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

I have been to Krishnendu Wellness Centre this month for 10 days owing to my acute
lower back pain and spondylosis problems. I have great relief after the treatment. The atmosphere of the institution is exemplary and homly, I should say. Its an ideal destination for orthopaedic problems, relaxation of body & mind and to learn yoga under the guidance of a well experienced teacher at Krishnendu. Its more of a treatment based resort with modern amenities and good natural and bucolic ambiance, away from the hectic urban life. It should not be misunderstood for a resort and Spa like programme at all. I feel its better to have regular annual treatment programme for consistent health maintenance. Krishnendu Ayurvedic Hospital, the co-institution is a budget wellness centre is recommended for middle income groups. Traditional knowledge coupled with modern Ayurvedic approach bestows a unique blend of therapeutic massages in the wellness centre

Room Tip: Rooms on the pool side are ideal for natural feeling.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Satheesh1010

1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

This is no hotel, this is hospital.as simple as that.
Secondly its not in allepy, but allepy district, some 50 km away from town. Tough to find.
Staff don't understand English, Hindi. So language issue.
For a north Indian vegetarian food problem.
No shops or market in any near vincity.
Massage thy do like in hospital,n not professional like spa, but charges like spa rs1500 for 1 hr oil massage,whr in end thy ll say take shower,n when u return from shower,thn no ppl in spa room,vanished.
All in all good for patients, not for travelers or holiday seekers

• Stayed October 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars
4 Thank arungangh
new york
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

I would like to thank the staff of the Krishnendu for giving us a perfect Kerala experience in the most divine location. I was massaged, pampered and detoxed at the spa. The yoga, meditation sessions enriched the body and mind. The chief doctor Mohan babu,is a really nice person and gave me all the guidance for my life style modification..which was really helpful and i already feel the change...already
The wellness centre provides very good authentic ayurvedic treatments..i heard it has a tradition of over a 104 years in Ayurveda...which is very rare to find these days.
i have experienced many ayurvedic treatment from a lot of resorts ..but this definitely was a different one..you could really feel the quality of the treatment and the medicine.i also had a chance to go to their medicine manufacturing facility..which was a very good experience..to see all the rare drugs used in the medicines,and thier preparations.
We stayed 7 days at the krishnendu and would recommend to stay at least this amount of time or more. There are many packages to choose from. The detox treatments are a must to try.

I hope one day I can return to this beautiful place!

Room Tip: i chose the junior suite which has a direct access to the pool from you sitout..
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank alfred431
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

The property is breathtaking... There is an aura of calmness to the whole place, and you can experience it the moment you enter. Bathrooms are very nicely furnished and the beds feel like heaven.
I tried the Satvik food and it's quite good.
Spa is spacious, has multiple therapy rooms, sauna, steam and what not. The treatments that I took are signature to krishnendu and personally I feel that they were excellent.
The best part is the service at krishnendu.. . They do it all with a radiant smile and make you feel very special. Special Thanks to Dr.Mohan and his team who really helped me get a good detox and rejuvenation programme for 7 days and i was all set to join my work....
Wish I could have stayed longer. You must stay here for a minimum of 2 or 3 nights to enjoy each and every aspect of this wonderful place.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
6 Thank nabeel_7nazir
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

I wanted to travel on my own for once. Im a computer engineer and had a pretty tough year. I wanted mental and physical relaxation, away from everyone and everything. I surfed through the internet and came across krishendu ayurveda wellness centre. i have always been keen to experience pure kerala ayurveda, so i decided to give it a go. I had no references but something was telling me it was exactly what i needed. Well, it was much, much more than that.
These place is heaven on earth. all sorts of green shades. The rooms spacious and comfortable, with large windows. the pool view from my room was magical.The ayurvedic treatment (which i was really looking forward) was really awesome. They actually make the medicines here itself ..i also went to the manufacturing division and had a look..and it was great.

krishnendu ayurveda wellness centre..the heaven for authentic ayurveda...here..I booked the 8-day ayurvedic rejuvenation package. I had about 3 different treatments per day. I would recommend shirodara for those who suffer from insomnia and headaches. There is a lengthy list of massages and the staff are well trained. I had a personal meditation and yoga teacher who introduced me to new techniques. I was particularly interested in the vedanda lectures which introduces western way of thinking to the eastern philosophy. The teacher was good and open for all sorts of discussions.

I left feeling refreshed, relaxed, happy and with a smile on my face. Im definitely going again but this time it will be three weeks.
If you want to party its not the place at all. Only bottled water. Sometimes the internet connection becomes unavailable.but then the whole idea is to unwind....

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
6 Thank Ayoob T
Kollam, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

Krishnendu Wellness Centre was a little hard to get to at first because of its interior location but I also think that was the charm behind the place. It was like an adventure in a beautiful little village called Chingoli. I was mainly on the lookout for yoga classes and an authentic ayurveda experience. Both of this I am completely satisfied with at Krishnendu. It is a must place to go to for its serenity, stay and rejuvenating massages.

It was the perfect getaway as when you reach there, you feel like time has stopped for you and you’re living at your own a pace. I came here on the recommendation of a friend who had terrible back pain and the final verdict was surgery. He then wanted to try ayurveda as a last resort. He had to come down here for two sessions, but that did the trick. He’s as fit as a fiddle now. It truly amazed me to see that ayurveda actually works wonders. I went there for 2 weeks of rejuvenation therapies and it was absolutely worth it. The pool was amazing and the rooms were spacious with quaint Kerala furniture, the staff were polite and helpful, the therapies felt soothing and relaxing. I absolutely loved every minute of it. It has definitely made it to my top to-do list of things for at least once every year!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank rizwansonline
New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

My mother and husband recently got treated at this facility for a three week period. As a trained American surgeon I asked many questions, but was optimistic throughout the whole treatment process. I even received a massage treatment to find out what all the rave was about. The massages were extremely uncomfortable and I wanted it to stop as soon as it began especially while laying down on a hard wooden plank. If anybody knew anything about anatomy, then they would not be placing long single strokes from head to toe.

Maybe this would be relaxing if you are from a third world country and have subpar expectations, but if you have experienced a taste of a 3-5 star resort and great customer service this place would disgust you.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
12 Thank J0steve
, Guest Relations Manager at Krishnendu Ayurveda Wellness Centre, responded to this review, June 29, 2012
Dear Madam,
We at Krishnendu sincerely apologise for any inconvenience we may have caused you. But we would also like to point out some of the details regarding your stay.
1. 1. After checking with our records, we have found that you were in fact staying at our Hospital and not our Wellness Centre. This means your review has been misdirected as this page is solely for our Wellness Centre Facility.

2. 2. Also, our hospital cannot well be compared with that of any star resort as for starters it is just a hospital. We charge very nominally for our rooms and we believe that the facilities we provide are definitely worth your value for money. You can be assured of comprehensive care, expert diagnosis and treatment and the highest -quality of medicines (both internal and external which are prepared in our in-house facility with ISO accreditation) at our hospital.

3. 3. This also seems like it was you first ever experience with ayurveda. The way that the science of ayurveda approaches, diagnoses and treats an ailment is very different from modern medicine. You cannot expect it to go the way it does according to your experience as a surgeon. The Chief Doctor of Krishnendu has been practising traditional ayurveda for over 30 years and the hospital has been running with a tradition spanning over four generations. All our doctors are qualified from top universities and masseurs are specially trained. Krishnendu Ayurveda Hospital is one of the most highly reputed hospitals in Kerala for having high success rates in healing its patients.

We hope you are not completely daunted with ayurveda and always hope that you consider coming back to Krishnendu as an alternative form of treatment.
Regards
K.Sukumaran
Officer guest relations
Also consider these accommodations in or near Alappuzha
The Royale Gardens Hotel & Resorts
Athreya Ayurvedic Resort
Athreya Ayurvedic Resort
#1 of 27 in Kottayam
5.0 of 5 stars 545 reviews

Been to Krishnendu Ayurveda Wellness Centre? Share your experiences!