“I love this place!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Palm Beach Resort

Save Saved
You added Palm Beach Resort to your Saves list
Palm Beach Resort
3.0 of 5 Boutique Hotel   |   Sea View Ward | Alappuzha, Kerala, Alappuzha 688012, India   |
Ranked #12 of 56 hotels in Alappuzha
Victoria, Canada
“I love this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The Palm Beach Resort is a beautiful somewhat hidden jewel right on the beach, but not yet swamped with tourists. Spotlessly clean, lovely helpful staff, beautiful ocean facing rooms, with big billowing white curtains, nice bathrooms, a great little restaurant (that will make you just about anything you ask for even if it is not on the menu), and a lot of extras that are too numerous to list like help with arranging day trips, full Ayurvedic treatment options (with an amazing Ayurvedic doctor). This was one of the best finds of my two months in India. Completely unexpected, stumbled across it by chance. We were planning to stay for two nights and ended up staying more than a week as it was such a lovely place/location. Highly, highly recommend this as the best place to stay in Alappuzha.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends

30 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

The hotel is very nice and quiet. The people are very helpful specially when you need extra things, they are always willing to help. The food is great, always different and good vegetarian food. Wifi for free besides it works just in the reception. They have nice benches to lay for a long while and enjoy amazing Allepey sunset. Yoga in the roof is a great plan during sunrise and sunset. The rooms are ok, clean and comfortable. Not any fancy but a good place I will recommend to anyone traveling to Allepey.

• Stayed February 2014
Bangalore, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

Wonderful place to stay, excellent hospitality and very caring staff. We really amazed with the location, it's perfect . Rooms were very clean,find nice and tasty food as home cooked. Very helpful and courteous staff. really enjoyed the place and find value of money. Surely, I'll stay here only in my next trip to Alleppey and recommending the place.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Belp, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

I stayed here because of my 21 days ayurvedic treatment and it was simply wonderful. The location is right on a beautiful beach. By falling asleep or waking up you can hear the waves. My room was big and clean. There was lots of running hot water and a comfortable bed. And the best of all: the staff. They were always friendly and smiling and did everything to make my stay comfortable. Nothing was too much trouble. They put so much effort in cooking my special diet every day - it was simply amazing. During the time I stayed, they got some very comfortable sunbed cushions. There are a lot of hammock to spend hours relaxing. And overall, the WIFI was the most reliable one I have had in India so far. For sure, I will come back.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

We booked a sea view room. Arrived to be told they only had 1 room available for us - which was not sea view. And we would get our sea view room the following day. We got in to our room - it was AWFUL. Electrics hanging out the wall... Dirty marks on the floor, filthy light shades, black marks all over the walls... And when you flushed the toilet you got an almighty smell of s**t coming from the toilet. On top of all this, there was other residents in the hall/reception outside our room. They were using Skype, as the hall was the only place you could get wifi in the hotel. We could hear EVERY word they said. So if we could hear everything they said - they must hear everything from our room. No privacy. And not even a tv to try and create some background noise to create a tiny bit of privacy. We decided to get dinner before we said anything to management as we had not ate all day and it was 7pm. Got to the restaurant - ordered chicken curry. It was the worst curry I'd had in my life. And the chicken was on the bone which was not stated on the menu. I was starving - and still i couldn't eat it. My partner ate it just because he was so hungry. Asked for a coke, I got a plastic bottle.... First time I'd got this in a restaurant anywhere in my life. Was expecting a can or glass bottle? We then went back to reception and complained about the room - I stated that I was paying 3000 rupees (which was a 'special offer' booked online) - and this was the worst room if had since arriving in india. I'd payed 1000 rupees for a room in goa which was miles and miles better. If i'd paid 1000 rupees for this room i'd still be complaining. The manager (who was really nice) offered to give us our meal for free.... I wasn't happy at that. I simply was refusing to stay in this room. So he very nicely agreed to move us to another hotel just up the road. This hotel was miles and miles better. So we were relieved. The next day, we returned for breakfast. The manager then upgraded us to a 'superior' room. Instead of our booked standard sea view room. (Standard sea view room by the way isn't much of a sea view we found out) So that was good. The room was nice. Went to go for a shower... And no hot water.... The staff and manager were so nice in this hotel. Apart from the older gentleman outside who cleaned the garden who was pretty rude - I tried to say hello a few times and got ignored or given a dirty look....

Over all, come on guys!!!!

If you are going to charge such a high rate for your hotel get some good food in your restaurant, and hot water in the rooms, and wifi accessible in the rooms. And for god sake sort out the room we were first put in!! Shameful that you would charge anyone to stay in there!

Wouldn't be in a rush to return here.

If you do book it, make sure you book superior at least, and stay clear from the chicken curry!

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Stockholm, Sweden
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

Probably the worst fish curry i ever had, was in this hotel restaurant, otherwise Good location with mediocre rooms, mediocre service... There are way better options in allepey, try a homestay perhaps. Waiter in the restaurant exchanged my money wrong, leaving me with less money cause he had no change. It would have been okey if he told me he was out of change but he didnt and just hoped i wouldnt notice.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

Nothing is too much trouble for the lovely staff at Palm Beach resort, the manager is great, he made phone calls for us, he printed off tickets and topped up our phone.
We had booked in for four days and stayed ten. We were up-graded upon booking in, to a room with balcony, overlooking the beach. From our huge, comfortable and clean bed we could see dolphins playing in the waves. The room was large, clean and modern, as was the bathroom (wet room style) . Our shower head was a bit slow and it was changed within five minutes of asking.
The fan is silent and the air-con efficient. Wifi is free and fast. It is available in reception, it reaches the restaurant and sun beds! Sunbeds have thick mattresses and large parasols. A lovely man potters about and keeps the place spic and span!
The lovely waiters say “your usual breakfast?” with a smile , they remember coffee a bit stronger, eggs scrambled and fruit with no orange! They stored our water in their fridge and we returned for our fruit at 11am. We spotted one waiter outside his house and were invited in to meet the family and offered drinks and nibbles.
Step from reception onto golden sand, fall asleep to the gentle rolling of the waves.
There are few nice restaurants just a short walk along the prom – we liked the Harbour Restaurant in the evening, next to it is Reams but take a torch as the tiny road can be rather dark. It is perfectly safe though!
It is just a 10minute tuk tuk to the houseboats – the manager advised us to go to the government office at ‘finishing point’ to book our overnight stay on a houseboat, which saved us £40.
The manager was up at 6am to wave us off and make sure the tuktuk he had booked for us turned up. The kitchen staff started early to prepare us fruit and drinks for our journey.
If ever we return to Kerela we would not dream of staying anywhere else but the Palm Beach, taking into account breakfast included and free wifi, wonderful English speaking staff and comfortable, clean rooms, excellent location on the beach, it is worth every penny. We strongly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: the rooms at the back overlook the beach, watch the dolphins from your bed!