“Wonderful hospitality” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #42 of 135 Alappuzha B&B and Inns
Canberra
“Wonderful hospitality”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

This was a true home stay experience. We were made very welcome by everyone and we felt we got to know the 'real' India. The food was wonderful, I even got a personal Indian cooking lesson. The room had a comfortable bed, A/C, fan and ensuite. The location of the property was amazing, right on the backwaters (the front door was about 5 metres from the water!). The hosts were very welcoming and knowledgeable, and they delighted in sharing their home with us.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Canberra, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

This homestay was amazing. I was made to feel so welcome. The food was fantastic. Gopal and Padma, my hosts were so lovely. Ayana's Homestay was my favourite experience I had during my time in India. It was beautiful!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Canberra, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

I stayed at Ayana's Homestay as part of an Intrepid trip and it was definitely one of the best memories I have taken away with me. The home is in a beautiful setting and very clean. It really feels like a home and the food was some of the best I had while on the trip. A great experience and worth the journey to Alappuzha. Don't expect luxury- you may have a bucket shower but it's all part of the experience.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

I really enjoyed this homestay experience. The family was very friendly and informative. The food was a great introduction to local cuisine. The rooms were clean and the hosues were very well organised and comfortable. Highly recommended for a real local experience.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

I had a delightful stay at Ayana's Homestay. The service was great and the food delicious and leant of it, yum. Gopal and his wife Padma were kindness itself, interesting and informative. They go out of their way to ensure everyone is happy and enjoying themselves.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Zagreb
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

A breathtaking scenary,great people, amazing food, lovely accommodation...can't wait to go back!
Kerala State is my favourite Indian destination...I took one third of my photos there...The people are easy-going, relaxed, friendly, accommodation great and I just loved the food...the portions very generous and tasty of course...

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

I really enjoyed my stay here, it was part of an Intrepid tour. The location on the river was so peaceful, my room was large and clean and the family very accommodating. Excellent food too! I was taken on a guided walk around the area and an ayervedic massage at the local hospital was booked for me. Couldn't fault it!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo

Been to Ayana's Homestay? Share your experiences!