“Nice place and courteous staff with Average Rooms.” 4 of 5 stars

Casamaria Beach Resort
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   Beach Road | Alleppey, Alappuzha 688012, India   |
Ranked #17 of 59 Hotels in Alappuzha
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
“Nice place and courteous staff with Average Rooms.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

Me and my wife stayed in the hotel in December 2012. We stayed for a day and wish could stay for one more day.

The location is nice, adjacent to the Alleppey Beach. The room is average budget room. The staff and service is excellent. Especially, the manager Mr Gypson.

Rooms and passage along side the rooms could have been cleaner.

Beautiful location with nice private back yard and lots of trees. The food provided was good and reasonably priced.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
WilliamMaria, Owner at Casamaria Beach Resort, responded to this review, December 3, 2013

Greetings from Casamaria Beach Resort

Thank you for sparing time and posting your review of our hotel on Trip Ad visor

Your concerns regarding upkeep of room side passage have been addressed to relevant staff and measures have been taken enhance the same.

We request you to visit us again. We sincerely wish to pamper you with a superlative experience.

William Rodrigues

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

Stayed at Casamaria with my wife and friends with their two children in oct13. Serene location with lovely private back yard lots of palm trees and space for kids to run around unsupervised. The beach is 150 meters through the back gate.Rooms were neat and tidy and the staff were very polite helpfull and professional. The food was provided by the hotel and was reasonably priced .Very tasty. mouth watering dishes. The manager Mr Gypson was most helpfull and catered to our every need. Will return again next year and highly recommend this resort for a peacefull and blissfull holiday. Russel Quinn Sydney Australia

Room Tip: top rooms have view of beach
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with Casamaria Beach Resort , Alleppey and for sharing encouraging feedback through Trip Advisor.

We are very happy to note that your stay was most enjoyable and that you have taken fond memories of your stay at the hotel.

The team takes great pride in the service they offer and your feedback inspires them to create moments of delight for our guests.

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back very soon at Casamaria Beach Resort

Warm Regards,

William Rodrigue
New Delhi, Delhi, India
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

Stayed there towards the end of October, 2013. For a night (thankfully), on on of the upper rooms.

Why I headed there? Well, a stupendous Tripadvisor rating. What I experienced? Anything but value for money. Cause, if I spend more than Rs.3200 on a hotel room (including breakfast), I expect it to be clean and tidy. Which most definitely wasn't the case. There were cobwebs all over...the dressing table drawers (which is the reason my wife refused to use them), the cane chair and table in the corner the mosquito net in the bathroom window, the bulb shades and the drawers in the cabinet (which also had, what seemed like the leftover of insect cocoons (something similar to that). Also, the mini bar in the room I stayed in, hardly worked (The one in my friends' room downstairs didn't work at all). Moreover, the Wi-Fi was pretty inconsistent too. Kept on dropping even at the lobby (it doesn't work in the rooms). The most unpleasant experience was having to switch off the A/C at around 2:00AM on a somewhat warm and humid night. Why? You might be wondering. It started emitting a foul smell. I guess the outer cabinet must be placed above a septic tank or a washroom. To add to my woes, there was no restaurant in the hotel. The one they referred to was a good 150-200 metres down the road.
Another thing that put me off was the fact that the owner declined to reduce the prices he told me (when I went ahead with the bookings...maybe 10-12 days before my trip). Even when I told him that Agoda is giving it at a better price (He, in fact asked me to book it through Agoda. And then, when my friends arrived at Alleppey with us, and asked them, the gave away the room for a lesser amount than we paid. But that happens almost everywhere, so I ain;t complaining much.
Having said that, there were some positives too. The staff was very courteous and polite. Though they didn't have an idea on how to fix the Wi-Fi, they did listen to my instructions when I told them to restart the modem. The breakfast served was Idlis and Plain Dosa with Sambar and tea/coffee. Freshly made, served hot and steamy. They also laid out a table near the garden for us to enjoy our evening round of drinks (and to have our breakfast too).
Towards the rear is a small gate that opens up to the beach, which was a delight. Not really a private beach, but is a lot more secluded than the crowded parts of the Alleppey Beach, which is around 300 metres away. They also booked our cab to Kochi at a very competitive rate as compared to most of the guys we enquired with around town. A shiny new Toyota Etios with a gem of a driver called Das (and I thought Das happens to be a typically Assamese n Bengali surname). That was our ride back to Kochi.
So a mixed review, as you can see. I just wish they keep the place clean, and then get on to things like fixing the ref and relocating the A/C's outer machine.Also, I hope they start giving a better soap than the very ordinary (and tiny) Tulsi soap in the bathroom.

Room Tip: The upper floor rooms have a partial view of the sea. The lower ones are smaller and open up to a fe...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Greetings from Casamaria Beach Resort

We thank you for the feedback and noted on the points while we consider your review with due importance and we have taken remedial action on the areas you have mentioned

We thank you for appreciating our staff and their service

Your feedback is most valuable to us and I have personally shared the same with the team.

We would like to welcome you to visit next time to serve you better.

Chandigarh, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

Hotel location is good but the room cleanliness and the facilities are average. Do not have high expectations, if you are coming here. There is no intercom in the rooms, you have to request for hot water and then they will turn it on. There were mosquitoes in the room. Staff is courteous and friendly. They made us available mosquito repellents and also offered to help with Baby milk in odd hours. Beach is quite near and makes it look beautiful from the room but if you actually go up to the beach it is full of crabs and dirty with dogs going around. Actual Alleppey beach is only 500 meters from there and it is a better idea to go there.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Greetings from Casamaria Beach Resort

I am delighted to note that you had an enjoyable stay and it was a pleasure to have been of service to you. We thank you for your detailed feedback on the housekeeping service. I regret the inconvenience caused.

It is feedback from esteemed guests like you that helps us to constantly introspect our systems and procedures and assists us in striving for a better product and service.

Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

Located right on the beach,Casamaria is a quaint resort which is excellent for a family vacation.The service provided by the service and especially,Gypsum,the manager is really exemplary.The rooms are nicely done and hygienic which provides a relaxing ambience.

Definitely a big thumbs up for casamaria.

Room Tip: The ground floor rooms are preferrable.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Greetings from Casamaria Beach Resort

At the outset allow me to thank you for sparing your valuable time to review your wonderful comments on trip advisor

We are extremely happy and delighted to know that your overall experience at the hotel was up to your satisfaction

We eagerly look forward to your next visit.

Many thanks for your encouraging feedback

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

Nice n quiet resort on the beach. Breakfast was served promptly and staff were courteous. Rooms were clean and well ventilated. Special thanks to the owner for going out of the way to accommodate us on the last day. Nice n safe option for couples and families who would like to spend some quiet time by the beach. Will surely recommend this place to my friends!!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
WilliamCoastline, Owner at Casamaria Beach Resort, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Dear Guest,

I am pleased to note that you had a memorable stay at Casamaria Beach Resort . Your positive feedback helps us to constantly monitor and improve the service we endeavor to provide to our guest.

Your feedback is most valuable to us and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit assuring you of our best services and personalized attention at all times.

Paris, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

Not New York Plaza, but not expensive during off-season, nice secluded garden with seaview, home-made breakfast. The hotel manager took time to find for me in the neighbourhood a bicycle for rent and on the day of departure to bring me to the train station early in the morning.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you for such a wonderful feedback.

It gives me immense pleasure to note that the hotel and its services met your expectations.

Your positive feedback have been shared with the team. I am sure this will go a long way to motivate them further to keep up the high levels of guest services.

The team and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Casamaria family.

William Rodrigues

Been to Casamaria Beach Resort? Share your experiences!