We stayed in The Park on Vembanad Lake for 3 nights during our trip around India in March and it was our favourite stop of our 2 week trip. The hotel itself is set in an incredibly peaceful spot, you can watch kingfishers whilst you relax in the beautiful infinity pool or relax on your balcony and watch the house boats cross the endless lake. But the best thing about this hotel is the incredible Keralan food and the wonderful staff. We ate all of our meals here on the gorgeous terrace and allowed the fantastic staff, mainly Anoop to advise us on different specialities to try and were thrilled every time. The hotel is a peaceful oasis if you have been traveling around the bustling and chaotic cities of India. You can walk along the tiny canals and chat to the friendly locals, visit local temples and festivals and take a tuk-tuk to the nearby beaches of Allepey to watch the sunset. If you want a quiet and relaxing break in stunning surroundings and to sample the culinary delights that Kerala has to offer, I would most definitely recomend this hotel. We found it to be a luxurious, relaxed gem without all the stifling pomp and ceremony that we experienced in many other luxury Indian hotels.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Park on Vembanad Lake in Kumarakom West, Kerala Backwaters is the sophisticated docking station for the Apsara. With a total of ten luxury rooms and a deluxe room lake view room, the resort exudes elegance and style.The Resort offer very private stay offer complete serenity.In food we offer traditional Kerala cuisine along with complete range of Indian and International gourmet to choose from.Aura Spa keeps one relaxed and helps in rejuvenation.The M.V.Apsara Built on two levels, the Apsara consists of eight rooms, a crew cabin, a galley, saloon and dining area, a sundeck and a picturesque forward seating area. The interiors of this luxury cruiser have been designed keeping in mind the luxury and comfort that the well-heeled tourists and leisure travelers require.Apsara Backwaters Cruiser offers contemporary and modern amenities offering inspiring design, innovative dining, sensuous entertainment, instant connectivity and edgy art. The onshore gym and the tented spa offer Ayurvedic and international treatments.The dining area and salon, situated on level 1, with their grand décor create an ambience of luxury. The corner sofas with cushions and tables on level 2 provide ample space for guests to sit back and enjoy the panoramic view of the backwaters. The impeccable services extended to the guests combined with the enhanced display of sophistication makes the voyage memorable.Enjoy this unmatched abode in a perfect eco-setting - a pleasant escape to the lap of nature. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Park on Vembanad Lake reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Park On Vembanad Lake Hotel Alappuzha
- The Park On Vembanad Lake Kerala/Alappuzha, India