Small stuff first that adds up:
1. Immaculate. This is so noticeable anywhere, but especially in India. You could eat off the bathroom floors. The house is huge, airy, peaceful.
2. Quiet. Slept like a rock.
3. free wi-fi - pretty fast, too.
4. Awesome food, and tons of it. Multi-course breakfast, fresh, hot, yummy. Ask for something, and you'll get it.
5. Beautiful yard, hammock, songbirds: greatest place to read.
The big thing:
The owner Matthew, and the guy who works for him (sorry, forgot his name), and Matthew's family: amazing. They COULD NOT do enough for us. I would honestly think to myself: hmmmm, I should probably get a rickshaw to get to the station, and a rickshaw would appear in his yard. Or we had 6 hours to kill before our train. Matthew gives us a bedroom, a/c, lunch, etc etc for the day: no charge. What? Really? My son mumbles something about wanting bananas. Matthew: on his scooter, back in 5 with bananas. My computer breaks: he personally ensures it's fixed before we leave. The houseboat owner was a little bit of a scum -not a big deal to me-but Matthew totally took it to heart, apologized, all of this.
He's the most generous, natural host, and you feel completely at home. There's a reason for all of the good reviews. :) Most def will come back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Venice castle is the home stay of your dreams It is ideally located in the very heart of the town. Yet, Venice castle is cut off from the din and bustle of the town by wooded surroundings that lends an ambiance of the country side. The home stay is set in large of lush green plants, landscaped premises and a well mowed lawn with garden lights.Peace and alms prevails over the place which is broken only with the chiming of soft bells from the nearby temple, the chirruping of birds or the playful whistling of the squirrels in the tree. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, HostelWorld and HostelBookers so you can book your Venice Castle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Venice Castle Kerala/Alappuzha, India