“A frequent visitor” 5 of 5 stars

Zachariya Bazar, Alappuzha 688001, India   |
Ranked #35 of 129 Alappuzha B&B and Inns
“A frequent visitor”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

I return to India on a regular basis and have done for the last few years. When I do go back I make it a point never to miss a trip to vrindavanam. The staff are always trying to improve their business and there is always a new surprise that has made the place even more addictive than before. I stress however that this is a relaxed and homely environment, everything may not be as slick as some travellers expect, but for me there is nowhere that makes me feel more welcome or comfortable in south India than vrindavanam and I strongly encourage people to give it a go and see for themselves.
Having read some of these reviews I also wanted to state how regularly I go back and how amazing the staff have always been to me, from keeping me and my mum company to helping with travel advice and finally for trusting me Enough when my card stopped working to let me have an extra few days to pay my bill and even buy me a drink when I was at my most stressed with my bank. I love this place and whatever experience a person has there, good or bad, I know the staff are trying their hardest to please.

Room Tip: I personally prefer the back garden rooms but it can get more lively there because the garden is a s...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

112 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Korean first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

I came to Allapy by myself and in the moment i got to Vridavanam i felt like home! The place has such a great atmosphere! The room is nice and cosy, the stuff are so friendly and fun people!! I will definitely go back there!!! I will never forget the Avocado shake- amazing drink:)

• Stayed December 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

Having stayed here on my first trip to India I found this the ideal location to acclimatise to the Indian way of life.
This really is a special place with a garden that needs to be seen to be believed (and enjoyed!) and has obviously had a lot of love put into it. Comfy seating in and out of the shade is provided as well as a great little tree house and covered terrace with fan to keep cool. The lighting at night adds to the relaxed and tranquil atmosphere that brings both travellers and locals together.
The food was fantastic, with every meal that I had there from breakfast through to dinner a tasty and flavoursome delight (see Avocado Restaurant).
But what absolutely makes this place superb are the people working there. The guys make every effort to ensure you have an enjoyable visit, not just at Vrindavanam but also in Allepey and the surrounding area and a couple of them would sometimes accompany us on visits and activities, which can put you at ease as a first time visitor. It was a pleasure just hanging out with them of an evening.

I would highly recommend this place, especially if it is your first time to India. No doubt having visited once, like me and my friends, you will be keen to return again and again. I plan to stay here again and use as a base to visit the rest of India.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Delhi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

Well ever since that auto ride from the bus station to vrundavanam, there has been no looking back for me ! I have travelled several times to kerala now and each time i have made it a point to go to vrunadavanam for its peaceful and friendly environment. This heritage home is a lovely place to spend some nights with its lush garden area and lil tree house. All the rooms are spacious and clean. You can go for walks down the road to the light house and the allepy beach, and even to the zachariya market for a delicious local meal and fresh fruits, if you are missing them ! Shafi bhai and his friends are the best hosts ive known...they work like a team and make sure you have nothing to worry about. They will help you organise everything in and around town. Allepy wouldnt be the same without Vrundavanam :)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Great people, great set up, great food, awesome tree house, great location (close to beach) amazing at night! (fairy lights everywhere)
Would definitely stay here again.
For the record I spent 2 days looking at other guest houses in town, this is hands down the best. I meant it. Stay here!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Petersfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

I was thoroughly looking forward to staying at Vrindavanam as it was recommended as being the perfect stepping stone to India's expansive culture, amazing cuisine and vibrant, yet relaxed, way of life. This grand, characterful heritage home and her fantastic staff did not disappoint and provided my friends and I with the perfect gateway with which to explore surrounding India and a relaxing, tranquil home away from home when we needed to unwind.
The hospitality of the team, the welcoming and picturesque courtyard area, excellent food (and drinks!) with plenty of variety and an ideal location all helped make an unforgettable stay which I hope I get the opportunity to one day repeat.
Thank you so much guys!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Irvine, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

such an amazing place with perfect service and amazing food. may be the only place in alpy where you can be yourself. the garden restaurant at the back yard is so perfect where i spend my good times reading, playing guitar and enjoying delicious food. they have everything to spice it up.clean and well furnished rooms, garden restaurant, coffee shop with amazing pastries, very reliable houseboat deals with money back guarantee, taxi service with free pick up and drop, amazing atmosphere which you cannot find anywhere else in alpy and a very reliable travel desk. as soon as you reach vrundavana heritage home you will find your best buddy cheff(cheffies front office manager) who will make your stay amazing. we miss you guys will see you all next year.....

Room Tip: rooms at the friend yard are nicer
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Vrindavanam Heritage Home? Share your experiences!