“Rude staff” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 42 Restaurants in Alappuzha
Cuisines: Indian
“Rude staff”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

This is probably the only place where you get good beer in Alleppey. Location is also good as it's right across the beech road. We went inside twice but both times came out disappointed because of the weird staff.
1) first time they said they can only serve beer and can't take any other order as it will take time
2) second time they again said they can only serve beer as we came after 3pm
For God's sake, is this a restaurant or a college hostel. The staff was irritating and very unwelcoming

Pushkar
“Not cheap, but good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

We had a nice dinner with friends, wine and good food. The service is excellent, so is the food. It's not cheap, but worth!

Rome, Italy
“good food on beach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

we had really good food with cold beer . and the place was really good its very clean and good price and nice atmosphere ......should go there

London, United Kingdom
“cold squid and bitter disappointment”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

Long time reader, first time reviewer - and I wish I could be here with nicer things to say. Sadly, I had such a frustrating time at The Harbour Restaurant that I feel compelled to tell the tripadvisor community the following:

- after waiting for a table for twenty minutes a couple who had just arrived were seated ahead of us.
- both mine and my girlfriend's food arrived cold.
- mine was not what I ordered (I ordered fish, not squid).
- I was told that I had imagined it and had, in fact, ordered squid.
- when I said that I'd pay for the squid but I really just wanted some fish, I was told that they had stopped food orders. at 8pm.
- even after reheating ("ping") my hard earned squid was still tepid. to rub salt in the wound it actually tasted quite nice. through the chill. and the sadness.

This is not a bad restaurant. I'm sure if you get what you order, and it's hot and you didn't wait too long for it , and you're seated, and they didn't only have carlsberg left... This would be a good restaurant. But this is a review of a personal experience; and on mine I won't be going back.

• Visited January 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
John O'Groats, United Kingdom
“Great atmosphere, cold beer, good food, views too.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

Located on the beach, this place became a regular visit for us.We loved the food and ambience and you can watch the sun go down through the window. Felt like a real bar, which is rare in India.

Visited December 2013