“Quiet stay with water front & Home food” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Lake Haven Island Resorts

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Alappuzha
Lake Haven Island Resorts
You added Lake Haven Island Resorts to your Saves list
Chempumpuram, Alappuzha 688505, India   |

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Navi Mumbai, India
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

I was looking forward to spending a nice time at the Kerala backwaters when I booked this resort but after staying here I really regret my decision! Everyone had something positive to say about this place but I guess I didn't find anything positive here. The pics loaded on Make My trip and Trip Advisor and the Lake Haven Resort are totally misleading. I had booked the resort through make my trip booking ID NH261252157420 from 1st November to 3rd November 2012 and made the payment online after looking at the wrong and false pics they had uploaded online. When I reached Allepey I was told that the resort is around 10-15kms away from Allepey. I had to pay an additional cost for extra Kilometers we travelled. After reaching there we were given a room at the end of the resort. The room though lake facing,had a big tree in front with an old rusted roof top in front of it and it looked like a mini dumping ground. When we entered the room it was even worse than we could imagine. There was the strong smell of mildew in the room. We were not even offered a bottle of drinking water in the room from the time we arrived till the time we left.The room was quite dark and lit with only dim yellow lights. The AC didn't have a remote so in case it got a little too cold for comfort we had to switch it off completely. The basic hygiene and cleanliness of a Resort is known by the absence of insects and pests. However this place is infested with Lizards and mosquitoes. When we went for lunch at their restaurant there were 5-6 Lizards roaming on the ceiling and walls of the restaurant which really isn't a pleasant sight when you're eating. When we returned to the room and when my wife went to the wash room there were 3 lizards in the washroom as well. Besides there was no water in the taps for washing or bathing. We then had to personally walk out to the reception area and wait for one of the resort staff to come as there is NO INTERCOM FACILITY at this resort as promised on Make My Trip. We then asked him to chase away the lizards and give us another room which is cleaner and has no lizards but he directly refused saying there was no other rooms available. He also said that all the rooms had lizards and that more lizards would start crawling out of their hiding once it got dark. We then called make my trip to complain and after the MMT call centre Exec spoke to the hotel staff, a lady who claimed to be the receptionist came to meet us to find out the problems we were facing(she was not present at the time of our check in nor visible ever after that during our stay there) We were given another room after 1 and half hour. This room was a slightly better than the previous one primarily coz there were no lizards. However the mosquitoes in this room were aplenty. The TV in both the rooms had not cable service and in case there was any transmission it was not clear at all. There are frequent power cuts and no proper generator services. On the 2nd day of our stay there was no electricity for more than 2 hours and none of the staff realised it. When we asked a staff just before the time of our check out why there was no electricity in our room he acted shocked and surprised as if he wasn't aware. He then went behind the rooms to check why there was no electricity and within 2 mins electricity was restored. In the 2nd room that we were given the mosquitoes in the room will not let you sleep at all. In one of the reviews I read it said the food was out of the world I think he was right you would not get such bad food anywhere in the world. The food didn't taste that great..the quantity was too little and the price was way tooo much.. We asked for something as basic as chicken lollypop only to be told it was not available. They said we should order chicken 65.. We assumed it was their speciality and would probably taste nice but to our horror it was a few bits of extra salted chicken fried or roasted or god knows what. The sweet corn chicken soup didn't taste sweet, the chicken fried rice was made of Boiled rice and was very sticky and tasteless. Due to all this bad service we decided to check out early as they said the last boat service to the bridge was at 7.30 pm. No taxi guys are ready to come to the resort as the roads leading to the resort are very very narrow and mucky and slippery which is dangerous for travellers. On 2nd November at 4.30pm when we went to clear our food bill another staff asked us if we would be checking out immediately.. so we told him we would be checking out by 6.30pm. The guy went on to tell us that the check out time of their hotel was 12pm and that there were other guests waiting to check in. We then informed him that we had booked the rooms from 1st November 12pm till 3rd November 12pm and that we were not over staying as he thought but are actually checking out earlier even though we've paid for it. The worse part is there is no manager or receptionist to assist you or address your issues. When we were checking out at 6.30pm we were initially told that we would be dropped to the bridge by their boat however after making us sit in the boat and wait for 10 mins in the dark with those horrendous mosquitoes we were told that the fishermen had already put their nets so they would take us by road. However he lied to us about it as there was another couple who had gone for a tour of the back waters in another boat and came back from the same route that we would take to go to the bridge. The resort was a total waste of my money. I work in the merchant navy and have put up at many resorts and hotels around the world and in India as well. However this 2 star hotel is probably among the worst in its category. The place is inaccessible. Once on the island there is nothing much to do.. I ruined my holidays and my wife's mood as well. I would never recommend this hotel even to my worst enemies. The place is not worth going to at all. Rather I would recommend you go to some beach resort in Allepey or spend a little more and stay on a houseboat which would definitely be better. I am adding a few pics as well to show the condition of the rooms we were staying in.

Room Tip: Do Not Come Here.. the rooms are dirty and infested with lizards and Mosquitoes!! Totally over pric...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

CONS : 15 kms away from the center of town. Minimum of 1000 Rs to be spent every time to travel to the city from the resort. TV reception not good.

PROS : Spacious, Clean room, Courteous staff, good service and lake view, complementary pedal boats :).

A good place to visit if the idea of your trip is to just relax in a resort and get away from the hustle bustle of the city. They have facilities like boating, TT, Badminton, Basketball, Carrom and farm animals for kids in the resort. The view from the resort is refreshing since it is located along one of the canals of backwaters of Kerala surrounded by paddy fields.

BEWARE : If you plan to visit places in Alapuzha, then look for some hotel closer to the city. This place is located about 15Kms from Alappuzha beach and the main boat Jetty. We had to spend 1200 Rs on taxi (for a 3 hour trip from the resort) since there is no other mode of transport available to the city from the resort. The road leading to the resort is a very narrow muddy road which might be difficult to drive through if you have your own vehicle.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

I dont have words t say about it. Superb...awesome.....
We used to go somewhere to get rid of our busy schedule.We came to know about it from one of friend.

Service is so much mandate for me and Lake Haven is the best example of it.Its the best place to get rid of tiresome and hectic city life.

Room was royal water view and early morning view from the balcony is so amazing.River is flowing just infront of the balcony and can watch the boats passing very near to you.You can see variety of fishes and birds.

Boating and fishing was very good experience to us. We used different types of boats and also get chance to drive it.

For kids there are lots of playing stuffs , and also there are rabbits, hen,goat,eagle etc.

Hats off to Mathew and his staff's. Good Job. Keep it up.

Room Tip: Make sure you book the rooms on the edge of the water
Muscat, Oman
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

We were at the resort for almost a week. An unforgettable and wonderful experience with its marvellous, breathtaking landscape; lashing backwaters; exotic view of nature; cozy and tidy accomodation; prompt and warm service;peaceful and homely atmosphere. I would highly recommend Lake Haven Island Resort as a unique and perfect spot for holidaying. It's simply great. You can feel the difference.

Room Tip: Tree house (maadam) is the best
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

Right on the banks of the Pamba river, this resort is an ideal place to cut oneself off from the hustle and bustle of the main Alleppy town as well as the busy house boat traffic on the Vembanad lake.

The host Mathew and his staff ensure that guests are taken care of very well, and leave no chance for complaints. Comfortable cottages facing the river with a couple of them right at the very edge of the water make for a very comfortable holiday. They have a quite efficient chef who prepared some real good Kuttanad style food for us.

After a long time, I stayed in a place where I had no compaints at all!!!!

Room Tip: Make sure you book the rooms on the edge of the water. They have water facing ones too, but they are...
Kottayam, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

One of the most spectacular resort right in front of the beautiful backwaters of Aleppey. The very long water frontage makes the resort ideal among the
backwater resorts.We were taken to the resort by their own boat and the warm welcome from the traditional padipura was a memorable start for our precious moments in Lake Haven . We had booked the royal water villas and its exquisite enchanting view from the balcony - the naked sunset view , criss crossing of caoe boats, kettuvalloms, boathouses .......all really cherished our memories.More than the support and consideration of the staff under the guidance of Mr. Mathew is really appreciable.

Great Great !!!!!!! Keep it up.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Lake Haven Island Resorts? Share your experiences!