“INDIAN COFFEE HOUSE - TRICHUR TO TRIVANDRUM” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 42 Restaurants in Alappuzha
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
“INDIAN COFFEE HOUSE - TRICHUR TO TRIVANDRUM”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

I have been visiting one of them since 1986. It has been my lifeline once. It has been a hangout for many malayalees. I have eaten the following at ICH.
Masala Dosa,
Poori Bhaji,
Chappathi and Vegetable / or green peas curry,
Vegetable cutlet,
Vada,
Omlette and Finger Chips.
But their best is COFFEE. Be it hot coffee or cold coffee. You will not get that flavour any where else in the world. I bet.

(It has been a long time since I have visited them)

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Surat Thani, Thailand
“Terrific value, consistent quality”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

You can find this chain all over Kerala and your guaranteed a hygienic meal at an excellent price. Their thalis are reliable and served by uniformed waiters in turbans, nice touch.

Visited January 2014
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great find in Alappuzha”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

I was actually on the look out for another restaurant when I saw the sign board for this place. I kinda peeked in to see if it was safe for a single lady to dine alone at night and I saw two ladies coming out. I felt confident and walked in - I was super glad I found this place.

I had masala dosa and a cup of coffee for less than 50 INR. (Approx. $1) I liked my coffee so I purchased their coffee powder too. The place was clean and the service was friendly. All the waitors are dressed in uniform so you can easily spot them. Can't wait to go back there for breakfast :) FYI - They are open from 8am - 9pm.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“one of the best ICH”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

There are two e Indian Coffe Houses in Alappuzha and mullakkal is one of my favourite ICH. The staff are very nice and the restaurant is very clean. The best part is it has easy access to zero junction and mullakkal temple. As usual the food is very tasty and the coffee is the best of its kind.

Visited January 2014
New York City, New York
“The banana lassi / shake is superb!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

We liked the casualness of the Indian Coffe House in Alappuzha. Plus, it didn't feel so touristy because the diners were primarily locals. The food was good and delivered quickly. What stood out to us, however, was the banana lassi / milkshake. It was so delectable and perfect on a hot afternoon in Kerala.

• Visited February 2014