“Comfortable resort” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Lemon Tree Vembanad Lake Resort

You added Lemon Tree Vembanad Lake Resort to your Saves list
Lemon Tree Vembanad Lake Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Janasakthi Road | Kayippuram, Muhamma, Alappuzha 688525, India   |
Ranked #13 of 60 Hotels in Alappuzha
Perth, Australia
“Comfortable resort”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

The room we stayed in for 3 nights was very comfortable and clean. It had direct access to the pool which we found very handy.

The rooms were well made up each day, with the "elephant" and "lotus" towel folding a cute touch.

The pool has a beautiful view overlooking the lake. You can watch the houseboats and fishermen go by and birds resting in the palm trees. Only gripe is the pool is losing many of its tiles - my toe was cut on the edge of one.

Our stay package included unlimited food and non-alcoholic beverages. We would recommend sticking with the Indian options on the menu, which were delicious and far superior to the Western options. Buffet breakfast offered a good array of choices.

We organised a motorcycle through the hotel, which made for an enjoyable day trip zooming through the streets and to the beaches.

Other facilities included - sitting room with books, computer room with internet and printers, table tennis table, massage and houseboat.

Overall recommended. Would be good for families.

Room Tip: If you enjoy going for a dip - definitely choose pool access room!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

I had a lovely time at the Lemon Tree - beautiful pool, lovely surroundings, good service and well managed. However, it was horrific to find terribly sexist jokes up in a number of places. For instance, see for yourselves on the table mats in the dining room. It is honestly pathetic that a decent hotel thinks that it is acceptable to perpetuate such crappy stereotypes about women. It demeans us all to eat from them and they are not funny.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MackMackMack_12
chennai
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

World can be divided into those who have stayed inLemon tree resort ( Allepy , Kerala) a nd those who have not and i for one pity them.I am not exggerating.This is a small resort but well maintained.Reception was manned by Veeu,Anthony,Reethesh & Rasool.All of them went beyond call of duty to make us feel comfortable.I went with my family and to our joy we were upgraded to suit room(201).Honestly speaking we were left astonished on entring the room.Big glass windows showed the lake as the room was bang on lake shore and one side was tha pool.Morning sunrise view will always stay fresh in my memory .Room service was one of the best and quickest i have ever seen.Restaurent gave an excellent view of the lake.Restaurent was manned by Sandeep,Swatesh and Amit.They were very jovial, friendly and very professional.Chef Sher singh made our stay more memorable by serving some of the tastiest food .We had lot of fun in the swimming pool.Backwater boat ride was the cherry on thecake.Tagore (he is deaf & dumb) was always busy with the house keeping work.I salute Lemon tree's policy to employ differently abled persons.We were pampered tothe full.Here i must thank Veenu Varghese and Reethesh as they helped me in reservation.I convey my heartiest thanks to Anthony,Reethesh, Veenu,Rasool,Sandeep Updhaya, Amit Pandey ,Swatesh, Sher Singh and Tagore for makingmy trip memorable.The only time i felt sorry was while leaving but i promise to get back soon to see myfriends and enjoy the nature atits pristine .

Room Tip: Please take only room no.201.
2 Thank shobha d
Mumbai
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

Kerala was a vivid experience. We travelled all the way from Mumbai to the serene beauty of Kerala. Our stay @ Lemon Tree was unexpectedly good coming all the way from beautiful tea gardens, Munnar, I had no clue how Lemon Tree would be before reaching there. It was a very relaxing stay with a beautiful picturesque. The location and the maintenance of the room is outstanding.

While you are in the resort you will not really find the need of stepping out of the resort unless you wanna shop on the crowded streets of Alleppey market. The Lemon Tree Rice boat was neatly designed and very clean. The idea of living in the water 24hrs with the family did not really appeal me but, it will be an ideal option for the couples.

The food served was fairly good. The special interest of the chef in describing the recipes to the crowd was appreciated.

The spa was relaxing very rejuvenating and one should surely try. Though, I got done Ayurvedic massage and Shirodhara. While, I would suggest shirodhara is must try.

The activities involved are good enough for one to enjoy all day with bicycles, swimming pool, gym, bird watching, backwaters etc.

Though, we have opted for the package inclusive of food while the management called off the buffet therefore we had an argument with them. But, it was sorted soon.
Yes, one thing to get on ur notice while you take the package do confirm if they provide drinking water in the room as its a major concern of our argument.

Our overall experience was fantastic as it was the most relaxing and activity filled trip to me.
Inspite of everything the resort is a must try as you will love and enjoy the stay.

You may contact me for any more details.

Room Tip: Ask for the pool side ground floor rooms or for the honeymoon couples, I will recommend 1 day stay i...
Bareilly, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

I consider my stay at this hotel as the best part of my kerala trip.
Our room opened right on to the swimming pool which opened into the lake. wonderful view right from the bed. Polite and amicable staff. Their food is something to die for. Go for the buffet or a la carte, you will always cherish the memories, i'm sure.

1 Thank ashachoubey21
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Positives

1. Lovely lake view, from the dining area and all rooms
2. Nice sit out area by the poolside, and the service staff is ready to serve you there
3. Helpful front desk & other service staff. One of us had only soups & salads at the dinner buffet and the service staff reduced the dinner charge to less than 25% of full price. Front desk was able to get good drivers and arrange trips to Allepey , Kumarakom etc
4. Good breakfast spread.

Drawbacks
1. The location at Muhamma is away from the main attractions at Kumarakom and Allepey. You will spend a fair bit of time travelling locally to the bird sanctuary , Allepey backwaters etc
2. The quality of the local food at dinner could have been better
3. The ayurvedic spa is seriously over-priced and not very good either. I would suggest one gives it a miss
4. No bar license, so you have to get your own drink from Muhamma village's sole booze shop. Their choice is fairly limited, and you can only drink in your room

Room Tip: Choose rooms on the first floor, do not pay extra for lake view as pretty much all rooms have excell...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

My family and I stayed in 3 hotels in Kerala and this was by far the best. I was not expecting much on the drive up but as soon as we walked through the gates of the Lemon Tree Hotel I relaxed. It was a little haven in the middle of nowhere but pure relaxation. They offer a range of activities to stop you getting bored like a free dvd library that you can chose from and watch in your room and a pool table and other games. You can also borrow a bike for free and cycle around the local area which I think is a great idea.

The staff were amazing and couldn't do enough for us. If we wanted beer, they would arrange for a rickshaw to come and we pay them directly as the Lemon Tree doesn't have a liquor licence. They were also very good in the restaurant being very attentive to our tastes and needs.

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay here and would like to thank the staff for their service as this certainly made our hoilday. I would go back here without a doubt.

1 Thank maya-patel
Also consider these accommodations in or near Alappuzha
Citrus Retreats Alleppey
The World Backwaters
#19 of 60 in Alappuzha
4.0 of 5 stars 257 reviews
Vasundhara Sarovar Premiere

Been to Lemon Tree Vembanad Lake Resort? Share your experiences!