We visited the Punnamada Spa resort in November 09 as a part of our 11nt trip to Kerala. We had booked the duplex rooms for four nights here...Don’t be disheartened by the approach of this place.While passing the narrow road leading to the resort, we thought this road could never lead to a nice place...But the resort is marvelous....it is absolutely serene.After seeing the view from the lake facing room.(The resort is on situated on the Vembanad Lake, the largest lake in Kerala) we immediately changed our booking from duplex to lake facing rooms.The hotel staff was of great help in doing do.The extra bed provided to us was also nice and neat..! The VIEW is just superb...it’s like being transported into a slower time!!You can see the endless lake from your room...and the house boats gliding by.No Wonder Kerala is God's Own Country! The resort is a great mix of contemporary comforts and authentic aesthetics. The courtyard theme bathroom was absolute surprise!There was an activity room and a small pool.I wish they had more than one restaurant though, but the resort is located close to the town and you can drive to another place easy.Don’t miss taking the house boat ride over the Vembanad lake. We were worried that being the backwaters, it might be smelly and mosquitoes would be a problem, but there was no problem as such about the smell, and insects were not that worrisome considering the closeness to water and humidity.The staff was marvelous, service - impressive and the property a Hidden Gem.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Punnamada Resorts is nestled on the serene banks of Vembanad Lake and gives a world of heritage and luxury. The divine ambiance and the hospitality lead to a total relaxation of mind, body and soul and it highlighted the rich heritage and the essence of Kerala in its true form with a focus on the eco system and being an environment friendly resort by taking initiative in various fronts. The green leaf certified Ayurveda centre at Punnamada puts a new life into yourself and to regain vigor and vitality and lead a stress-free life. The essence of Kerala and its magical backwaters can be experienced aboard Punnamada’s exclusive 'Kettuvallam' (houseboats) by the resort, the houseboats of Punnamada equipped with the best of luxuries. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your Punnamada Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Punnamada Hotel Alappuzha
- Punnamada Backwaters Hotel
- Punnamada Resort Kerala/Alappuzha, India