To get to the hotel you need to go through very small narrow roads, actually more like alleys, which on first impression is a bit worrying as you think you are going to a dodgy hotel in the middle of no where. but soon as you get there you realise that you have entered a great little place and the welcome at reception was great.
This is a small hotel, about 30 rooms but the size adds to the charm. It's a quiet and chilled out hotel with very good service. Staff are very helpful. The hotel looks onto the lake and the view is good. Bedrooms are large and very nice as well as clean. Food was very good.
Only stayed here 1 night, would have been delighted to have spent an extra night or two.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Punnamada Resorts is nestled on the serene banks of Vembanad Lake and gives a world of heritage and luxury. The divine ambiance and the hospitality lead to a total relaxation of mind, body and soul and it highlighted the rich heritage and the essence of Kerala in its true form with a focus on the eco system and being an environment friendly resort by taking initiative in various fronts. The green leaf certified Ayurveda centre at Punnamada puts a new life into yourself and to regain vigor and vitality and lead a stress-free life. The essence of Kerala and its magical backwaters can be experienced aboard Punnamada’s exclusive 'Kettuvallam' (houseboats) by the resort, the houseboats of Punnamada equipped with the best of luxuries. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your Punnamada Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Punnamada Hotel Alappuzha
- Punnamada Backwaters Hotel
- Punnamada Resort Kerala/Alappuzha, India