“Go there for relaxed stay by the back waters” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Punnamada Resort

You added Punnamada Resort to your Saves list
Punnamada Resort
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Alleppey 6 | Punnamada Resort Private Limited, Alappuzha 688006, India   |
Ranked #3 of 59 Hotels in Alappuzha
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
“Go there for relaxed stay by the back waters”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

Of course the location is great and the attentive staff make up for the rest.

The villas are designed in traditional style and bath room spacious.

We loved the food in their only restaurant facing the back waters.

The hotel's approach is very strange was difficult to locate and but once you reach it completely changes.

We had their house boat which was pretty good but be prepared to get stuck into a same place for the full night.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
VargheseKE, General Manager at Punnamada Resort, responded to this review, October 20, 2013
Dear Guest,

thank you very much for your review regarding Punnamada Resort on Tripadvisor. We are glad to note that you had a lovely time here in our Resort. Let me thank you for staying with us as well as for your review. We look forward for your next visit.

General Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

In the midst of a long journey on the hectic roads of Southern India, a night on the quiet waterways out of Alleppy was a most welcome change. We were the only passengers on board, along with three wonderful crew. Our A/C room (with en suit) on board was very comfortable, the fresh flower arrangement on the bed beautiful, all three meals were delicious and the slow pace of the journey was perfect. It was a great reviver after 23 days on the road.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
VargheseKE, General Manager at Punnamada Resort, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review about us on tripadvisor. We are glad that you enjoyed your backwater trip in our houseboat. let me thank you for staying with us . we look forward to welcome you back again to our resort and house boats during your next trip.

Varghese.
Rome, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

We slept there for just 2 nights after a long trip from Mumbai, lasted 1 week. The travel agency booked for us so I don't know how much it cost, but the experience was priceless. The room was speechless, so the general atmosphere and the food as well. I think I've never been in such a place

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
JomonJoseph, General Manager at Punnamada Resort, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your lovely review regarding Punnamada Resort. We are happy to note that you enjoyed your stay with us . let me thank you for staying with us . We look forward to welcome you back again to Punnmada Resort.

Bangalore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

This review was long overdue. Stayed in this lovely place in the end of August 2013 with my wife. I'm very glad that I cose this place to celebrate my wife's birthday. Considered to be one of the best, if not the best resort in Alleppey.Atleast my research before my trip tell me that this place outscores all other places around in terms of Value for money.
Travelled to Alleppey from Bangalore by train, reached early in the morning, called the resort requesting an early check-in, they happily obliged as it was an off-season. Reached the place by an auto. I had booked the garden villa for the first night and the houseboat for the next. The management graciously upgraded our room to lake-view villa!
The rooms are beautiful and comfortable and the resort ambience really helps you relax. The ayurvedic massage here was out of the world, so were the houseboat and Shikara rides.
The food was amazing. I particularly liked the soft and delicious pan-cakes.
There are facilities for various indoor and outdoor activities. We chose to cycle around the town on the last day.

The staff were very courteous and made the stay very comfortable.
We are definitely coming back here!!
Special mention for the manager, Mr.Varghese who offered us a few hours of extended stay in the resort to freshen up as there were some generator and ac problems in the houseboat in the previous night. We are very grateful for that.
There is definitely scope for improvement in some areas. I'll mention one here - The swimming pool was closed for maintenance. Maintenance is a neccessity no doubt. It would have been good if the management had informed us about this at the time of booking or when the maintenance was planned (Swimming pool is a key feature in any resort)

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your lovely review regarding your stay at Punnamada Resort. We are happy to note that you had a wonderful time during your holiday. Let me thank you for staying with us . We have noted your point and it will be taken care of in future. By the by our pool has been functioning for the last one month after up gradations. sorry for the inconvenience. We look forward to welcome you back again to Punnamada Resort.

Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

I stayed 2 nights in Kumarakom in one of the finest resorts and came to Punnamada for 2 nights. The price was exactly half but the quality and experience is just the same if not better.
The food was very impressive. The taste and the service were top notch.
I never seen such a professional people who thrive to keep the guest happy. I initially planned for one night at houseboat and had to change for some reasons and the resort happily accommodated the change and also upgrades my stay to better cottage.
The view was amazing.
The front desk person was very friendly and took good care.
Room service: Have you guys ever got any prompt room service anywhere consistently? Check this resort. Whatever you ask they get that done quickly and does not need a reminder.
Resort Location: I thought this was the best location compared to any other resort in Alleppey. I came from Kumarakom on houseboat and crossed this resort and saw few other resorts but Punnamada is located at such a great place.
Massage was good.
Areas of Improvement: Should give package including all meals not sure why for 2 days package one meal is not covered ? Why cant we increase the price and include that as well?
I can go on and on talking about this resort.
If you want to have a good peaceful vacation in Alleppey try Punnamada.

Thanks guys again....

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
JomonJoseph, General Manager at Punnamada Resort, responded to this review, October 6, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review on trip advisor regarding our Punnamada Resort. We are happy to note that you had enjoyed your stay with us . Let me thank you for staying with us . WE look forward to welcome you back again to Punnamada Resort.

varghese.K.E.
Robertsganj
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

Stayed here with my wife for two nights. Approach to the resort is a bit tough and have to ask many times but once you are there you forget everything. Reception was good, and when we were taken to the room I was amazed to see the exterior and interiors. Totally different style, kind of antique style but with all modern facility.
The resort gave us free boat ride in the back waters for the first evening which was a nice experience.
Food is good and with lots of options.
Just a little pricey though.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the sea would be a delight to stay but they are even more pricey.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
JomonJoseph, General Manager at Punnamada Resort, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Dear Guest , thank you very much for your review in Tripadvisor. We are glad to note that you really enjoyed your holiday. Let me thank you for staying with us and your lovely review in trip advisor. We look forward to welcome you back again to Punnmada Resort.

France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

We stayed 3 nights and 4 days on their Romance in the Rain package (luckily for us it didn't rain !).
Mr Vargehese the manager sent me an e-mail a couple of days before our arrival to inform me that the pool was out of use due to refurbishment and offered to send a car to pick us up from our hotel in Fort Kochi as an apology for the inconvenience. He is a gentleman and his kind gesture was most appreciated .
We were welcomed by Mr Vargese and his staff and were treated like Royalty during our stay. A GIANT round of applause for the Chef, he has a huge menu, and as we were on a full board package we could choose anything we wanted. Every single dish I tried was divine. Again as part of our package we were entitled to a candlelit dinner. When the chef asked me where we would like to have our meal ,I replied 'surprise me'. He jolly well did ! They built a Raft, which they floated on the lake, and we dined beneath the stars.....Fantastic !
Again as part of our package we had a full body massage. This was excellent...very professional and the best massage I had during my 3 week visit to Kerala. The Spa is impeccable !
We also went on a Sunset cruise which was lovely. The staff were always on hand and gave us lots of tips about visits in the area. Thanks to them we were lucky to see a carnival that was organised in Allepey.
The Resort is gorgeous, and there is so much to do, the fact the pool was out of use was out of use wasn't a problem.
Our last day and night was spent on the Punnamada Houseboat...amazing experience.
The houseboat is huge, and really lovely. (We were so lucky to be on their boat as some of the other companies boats on the lake looked really old and dirty). We had 3 staff to take care of us. They are very professional and they keep away from the main drag, at times we felt we had the backwaters just for us. The food was excellent, and the lovely chef sent us a delicious cake for dessert. They moor the boat in a very secluded spot at night, and a very discrete, allowing a truly romantic experience..
All in all a wonderful experience, their lake view Villas are lovely, their staff are very kind and helpful, and their location is truly lovely.
Three rounds of applause for Perfect Punnamada !

Room Tip: The lake view Villas are Fantastic.
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your great review about Punnamada Ressort. we are delighted to know that you enjoyed your holidays thoroughly. Let me thank you for your stay and your review. These encouraging words are the moral boosters for all of us in Punnamada Team !! We look forward to welcome you back again to Punnamada Resort.

Varghese.

Been to Punnamada Resort? Share your experiences!