“excellent” 5 of 5 stars

Behind S.B.I ATM | Thoppil, Alappuzha 688006, India   |
Ranked #35 of 146 Alappuzha B&B and Inns
“excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

room was clean n well maintained. we jus spend one night and it was really nice. we never got a feel that we are away. from home. salim and mini were there behind us when we need any help. We would love to go back and spend few more wonderful days.

• Stayed January 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Newcastle upon Tyne, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

We stayed here for one night in January 2012 after being escorted there by someone that was looking for business as we got off the ferry. The biggest positive I would say about our stay here is that the owners were very hospitable and the breakfast was really lovely and more than what we expected. The owners were really nice to talk to and also very helpful in changing some money for us and arranging a driver for us. If anyone is thinking of doing the same as us I would 'highly recommend' a guy called Babu (wish we knew his full name) who drove us from this homestay to Thekkady to Munnar then to Cochin where we intended to get a train further north. Babu went well beyond what we expected, was so genuine, kind, helpful...was a very good person. We spent four days with him and wish we had kept in touch with him. I would say that if you would like an experience of a homestay in a quiet part of this area and within walking distance from main attractions, we would recommend it. We stayed in two other homestays during our trip...the first in Trivandrum which was 'very expensive', although lovely. The second was in Marrakelum and involved staying in a hut away from the main house so was not really an authentic experience, although the family living in the main house were very nice.
Been so busy since our trip (had a baby) so been a little bit distracted!... but thought after receiving a birthday wish from the owners of this place that I would 'finally' get round to posting my review!! We cant wait to return to India.

Room Tip: Not sure of the difference between rooms
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Kayamkulam, Kerala, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

i, mohamed rashid... am a civil engineer working in a reputed firm in doha-qatar....got married on the first week of january.....went for honey moon in alappuzha....went to many home stays to check the quality of rooms and the facilities available..... just came across Snehadhara Homestay...i swear to god, i have never seen such a beautiful place in my life time.....the rooms are very neat... the food we had in breakfast was awesome and very tasty.... and compared to other home stays,.... the final vacating bill was up to our budget....
on our 1 week stay, me and my wife enjoyed every bit of second. the entertainment they provide is of great extend and hospitality...sometimes i even thing i am staying in my house....
our clothes were washed and ironed and was bought back to us.. when i asked about the money for that , they said it includes in the final bill.
the ayurvedic message is the best of its kind... the persons were highly professionals...cell phones were not allowed inside the messaging rooms by which my wife couldnt take pictures of messaging me.....
I AND MY WIFE HAD THE BEST HONEYMOON EVER...........THANKS TO THE SNEHADHARA HOMESTAY MANAGEMENT..... GOD BLESS ALL.....

Room Tip: as kerala is known as GODS OWN COUNTRY... and travelers Snehadhara Homestay is GODS OWN HOME STAY...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

We chose to stay at Snehadhara Home Stay because of all the great reviews we saw here. Unfortunately our stay was rather disappointing. Here's why.
We are not fussy travelers but we don't like being cheated on or treated like idiots.
The Ayurvedic massage if far from being a spiritual experience. The male masseur was making phone calls during the massage, the wooden 'traditional' massage bed is super uncomfortable (don't go if you have any back problems!), and the steam box has mould inside so not sure what I was inhaling...
We were offered breakfast and drinks and thought this is part of the 'home stay' experience but at the end it turned out that we actually had to pay extra for it (no price list had been shown to us earlier or even mentioned). It came up to a quite hight amount (hight for Indian standards) and we thought it was a bit unfair from the owner's side.
Last but not least, don't give them any clothes to be washed. They colored three of my boyfriend's t-shirts and my favorite shorts which I've had for 15 years. Then they would claim that the clothes got colored because of that 15 years old shorts which barely have any color on now, plus the t-shirts and shorts were washed separately so that was an obvious lie. They also assured us that the washing will be dry by the time we have to leave but it was all wet (and I mean REALLY wet). So we had to pack all the wet clothes to a separate bag and wash them again in out next hotel (3 hours drive from Allepey). At the end everything stunk and some clothes we had to get rid of but that didn't stop the owner from trying to charge us for the washing. We obviously didn't pay.
I would never go back to this place but at the same time I'm glad to hear not everyone had such rubbish experience.

Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

It was our first trip to kerala and heard the concept of homestay first time. I thought it would be similar to hotel type to earn the profit. But when we entered Snehdara homestay it was different, like 2nd home.This place is really outstanding one which gives great satisfaction during your stay in Alleppy. Rooms are good and place is quite.

Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

Excellent hospitality and facility are the main features of the snehdhara homestey. If you are planning to visit allepey, then snehdhara homestay is definatly a good option.

We stayed at first floor rooms. Rooms were nice but I will advice to take A/c there, as humid climate will cause sweating.

Room Tip: We stayed at 1st floor rooms. Those were nice rooms if and only if you opt for A/C, otherwise humid...
Munich, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

We are a german couple and were pleased with the standard and cleanliness offered from our room for only 800rps. In addition the owner was helpful in organising our next travelling requirements and cooked a good breakfast for us. Our room was quite and away from the noisy street. Basic but very correct for the money we paid.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Snehadhara Homestay? Share your experiences!