“good choice” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn and Suites

You added Quality Inn and Suites to your Saves list
Quality Inn and Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   51 Gulf Breeze Parkway, Gulf Breeze, FL 32561 (Formerly Bay Beach Inn Gulf Breeze)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Gulf Breeze
Macon, Mississippi
“good choice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

We were unsure if we wanted to stay here since it appeared to be an older motel. However i decided we could survive anything one night. The price was right. We were pleasantly surprized.
We were given room # 156 which was recently remodeled. It had at one time been the bar. Now it is a real double room. One room had the usual two beds. The other was a spacious sitting room with several couches with the old bar and stools where you could eat or drink. This room had 2 large glass windows and a door lokking out over the bay also had its own deck out by the water. really cool!
The motel had a very nice outdoor swimming pool with available towels. There was also a mini beach where you could be by the water and soak up the sun with out the crowds. Had a great view at night with lights from other places shining across the bay.
Was a little disappointed that they did not offer a free breakfast, but there was a restuarant on the premises.
They allowed pets which I don't care for but other people had there cute little dogs and were giving them exercise so they were enjoying that.
I can't speak for the regular rooms but a quick look while walking past they seemed to be ok.
The motel staff were very friendly and helpful.
I would definately consider going back.

Room Tip: Ask for room # 156
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here end of march - April 2013 and I would not waste your money! It's a old hotel and the rooms were nasty and gross! The pictures are very deceiving! They do have a small beach area but its bay side so it has boat docks that block the view. One night our toilet overflowed and they fixed the toilet but left the mess for us to clean up. I was very disappointed with our stay and will never be back!

• Stayed April 2013
Milton, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

My wife and I were debating if to stay here or in pensacola. We decided for Quality Inn and Suites in Gulf Breeze and we could have not chosen a better place. The view was just great. the staff since we checked in went out of their way and beyond to make our stay pleasant. I wanted to take the bed with me home and the pillows too. Rooms were great, it was totally opposite of what we expected due to reading the reviews. I like to try my self most of the time. I would recommend this hotel to all my family and friends. Will be back next year..

Room Tip: Second floor has the best view even though they have no elevators. would do it again...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Marshall, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

We stayed at this "Quality" Inn in June of 2012. It was, without a doubt, one of the worst experiences we have ever had. It darn near ruined our vacation. I have travelled to numerous so-called third world countries where the accomodations were better. The manager was extremely rude from the time we checked in. I should have walked away right then, but I had paid for our room in advance. What a mistake. The place was absolutely filthy. Ice machines with urine, spittle, and mold all over the outside, hair balls floating in the pool, cigarette butts and litter all around the pool deck, toilet running almost non-stop in our room, lamps not working in the room, cobwebs everywhere. The boiler (same one mentioned in another review, only this occurence was a month earlier) broke down (this must happen a lot!) and we were without water (as in none!) for the whole day. They kept promising they would get it turned back on, but the next morning it was still off. When I complained I was told we would get a 15% discount on the room for those two days as compensation. I told them we were checking out of this hellhole as soon as possible. When I checked out the manager (same rude one) denied she ever told me anything about a 15% discount. But from one of the other reviews, I see they must use this 15% discount tactic a lot. Bottom line: If this is the only motel with a vacancy in the Pensacola area, just sleep in the street or on a park bench. You will be better off.

Room Tip: Just don't stay here!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Gulf Breeze hotels

cincinnati,oh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

very comfortable and pleasant stay!! room over facing a bay has a great view!! even it was cold the time of my stay, but I still used their private beach and pool area just to seat and watch a sunset. room was clean and bed were comfortable. I will sure choose this hotel again in a future.

Room Tip: ask for bay view
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

We have stayed at a few Quality Inn's and found this one did not meet their normal standards.

The hotel is old and the rooms are a little tired. The outlets by the sink are so worn that my camera charger would not stayed plugged into it - it just fell out. The bed was comfortable. We had a fridge and micro but the shelves in the fridge were broken. The door to our room was difficult to open without pushing really hard. There was a desk in the room however no plug nearby to plug in the computer.

We were on the second floor and want to let travellers know that there are no elevators so keep that in mind if you have difficulty with stairs.

We thought from the photos that our room with a bay view would have it's own private balcony. That is not the case. It was just that the walkway for those rooms looked out onto the bay. The view was pretty. The pool looked nice but we did not use. The private beach area was very small.

I'm surprised that they did not have any breakfast at all as most Quality Inn's have a very nice hot breakfast. I guess with the Cafe attached they want you to buy breakfast there.

I did not complain to management as we weren't there long enough to worry about. However, if we were to return to the area, I would not go back to this hotel. There are plenty others to select from that may be better value.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Hanoi, Vietnam
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

The location of this hotel is really great, however, not many thing else is as good as it. I was there to find the holiday with ease and relaxation, and I was not so disappointed. The rooms are old but each of them can see the bay clearly, and feel the breeze, too. The rooms were in not good condition, and they should repair some doorknobs. The staff members were kind and friendly, they did give us much advices. Hope that they can repair and redecorate the rooms, since we did not like the interiors.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Quality Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!