“Captain Bruce is our guy !!!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 17 Attractions in Gulf Breeze
Type: Boat Tours, Sightseeing Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Pensacola Beach Sailing offers sailing or motorboat adventures for up to 6 people. With a local, certified USCG Captain, we take our time watching dolphins, exploring a deserted island for shells, having a picnic, swimming or relaxing. We also visit remote beaches, go snorkeling and catch baby fish, shrimp and crabs with hand-nets in shallow waters. Kid-Friendly trips are available. Sightseeing and Sunset Cruises are spectacular. Tell us whatever you want and we'll make it happen. Captain Bruce Yates
Fort Worth, Texas
“Captain Bruce is our guy !!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

My wife and I annually visit her sister at Portafino Resort on PB. We contacted Captain Bruce (pensacolabeachsailingtours.com) for a 2 hr sailing trip. It turned out to be an excellent choice and adventure.
Captain Bruce is very reliable, calm and friendly guy!
Great 'Trimaran' sailing vessel. We deemed the trip as great value and
so much fun! He let me help him with the boat and was very discipline with safety first. Also we loved his 1st mate, BouDreux, his 5 yr old goldie, who traveled with us.

Highly recommend this trip if u r looking for fun at Pensacola Beach.
We will definately go again next year with Captain Bruce.

Visited June 2012

Granger, Indiana
26 attraction reviews
“Crazy Boat Ride”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012 via mobile

We found a brochure in our hotel advertising "Dolphins and Snorkeling with Pensacola Beach Sailing".
You can't judge a book by its cover we expected to ride the waves in a catamaran as pictured in 3 places on the card. We got a 20 foot fishing boat with 2 life jackets for 5 adults, one was child size. No mention of the sailing bost
Captain Bruce did warn us it was going to be a choppy ride offering the front of the boat to my wife and I where he said wed not get as wet: we got soaked.
We did get a 4 hour tour at $65 per person not a bad price, so we thought We went to an island that was once a confederate fort. We learned a lot of local history from Cpt Bruce.
I had visions of Gulligan's Island when the engine began to send a warning tone to the helm. More oil was needed so we beached along Fort Pickens Park while the captain added more oil.
No dolphins but that always iffy. Snorkeling in the intercostal water way is not an ideal place.
We made it back alive. Bruce is a very nice interesting man but this is not worth the price.

, Owner at Pensacola Beach Sailing Tours, responded to this review, June 26, 2012
I mostly agree with your comments with a few exceptions.

I should have mentioned more than once that it was necessary to use our 21’ motorboat rather than our sailboat and the location of all 8 life jackets.

A motor boat is the only way to travel fast enough to an area where dolphins can be found, to park at a deserted island for beachcombing, collecting shells, taking photographs and swimming and then continue on for a snorkeling experience (in the shallow waters off the Ft. Pickens Beach) and coastal sightseeing, all within 4 hours. It was windy with moderate chop in the Bay but you wanted to do it all with a willingness to get wet if necessary. I now carry rain jackets on board.

The engine’s oil-injector pump did malfunction and was responsible for a slight delay on the beaches of our National Seashore. The problem will not reoccur. With a well-used road only a stones throw away, I can only hope to be stranded in such a place for my next vacation.

My apologies for the inconveniences these unexpected events had caused.