We stumbled upon the veranda after looking for somewhere to stay in Kampot. I had originally dismissed staying in Kep as I read on a forum that it was a great place to watch paint dry. I am glad I ignored this in the end as I think Kep was one of the nicest places we have stayed in Cambodia!
After an initial mix up with the booking in which we arrived from Phnom Pehn and were told that our booking on Agoda would not be honored as they were 'full'. The staff tried to put us in a nearby hotel but after some persistence from us and some creative manoeuvring from them a room was miraculously found. It was a two bedroom room with a huge terrace overlooking the water. It was magical!! After initially only wanting to stay one night we extended our stay to three unfortunately we had to move to a smaller room, the rosewood room that had no view (except of the car park). Despite this we still enjoyed the rest of our stay. The breakfast had an excellent amount of variety and the pool was great. There were also a number of nooks and crannies to relax and enjoy the view and a good book like in the library situated above the bakery.
There were some negatives about the place though that you might like to be aware of. Firstly the water pressure in both rooms we stayed in was non existent. In order to get hot water in the second room we were advised to let the water run for 10 minutes first! Also when we stayed there it was quite busy and on one occasion there were not enough pool loungers to go around. Also although I found the food and beverage staff to be very friendly and helpful we were not fans of the staff at reception, they could have been a bit more pleasant!
Initially I thought my review was going to be a negative one but after weighing everything up it really was a lovely relaxing stay. I would recommend the short 10 minute walk down the hill to the crab market to eat at the Kimly restaurant. The staff were very friendly and the food excellent!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- HIDDEN below Kep National Park overlooking the Gulf of Thailand, Phu Quoc Island (Vietnam) and Bokor Mountain, you find a retreat dedicated to the finer things in life: beauty, tranquility and great food. Here, just a few hours from Phnom Penh airport, you feel light years away from the crowds, ready to experience the true Kep in its entire splendor. The retreat presents a unique concept with raised wooden walkways made of stones and wood connecting all our private bungalows in the resort. Visit some of the area’s most iconic attractions or find your own hidden gems. Or maybe just lounge by one of the biggest salt-water pools in Kep, enjoying views of natural surroundings including uncounted exotic fruit trees as the tropical breeze carries fragrances from nearby flowers from the wild mountains. Welcome to Veranda Natural Resort - enjoy your stay! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Agoda so you can book your Veranda Natural Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Veranda Natural Hotel Kep
- Veranda Natural Resort All Inclusive