This hotel feels like an alpine lodge, all wood and stone and cozy. The upstairs shared space was especially pleasant with a huge fireplace in the middle. It sits on beautiful Lake Sevan, though it does feel a bit removed from it. The biggest plus of this location is wonderful hiking through the surrounding hillsides. When we visited there were wildflowers everywhere. The hotel staff was gracious and accommodating and the rooms were comfortable. The restaurant is a walk from the hotel (5 minutes) but a great stroll along the edge of a village nestled in the hills. The food was amazing and fresh and included local specialties that were delicious. It's a great retreat -- but don't plan to drive around a lot (the roads are terrible) -- bring a mountain bike and and enjoy the scenery. The swimming pool looked great -- though it was too cold to swim when we were there in June. Definitely enjoyed the hot tub and sauna, however!
- Also Known As:
- Tufenkian Avan Marak Tsapatagh Hotel Lake Sevan
- Tufenkian Avan Marak Tsapatagh Hotel
- Tufenkian Avan Marak Tsapatagh Lake Sevan, Gegharkunik, Armenia
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tsapatagh Village’s warm climate makes it a perfect recreational site, where visitors can relax on the shores of the world’s largest high-elevation lakes. Avan Marak Tsapatagh Hotel offers a range of on-site recreational facilities, including billiard, an outdoor swimming pool and a hot tub, sauna and table tennis. The Hotels Restaurant specializes in dishes featuring locally-caught fish indigenous to the lake. The outdoor dining patio overlooks the sparkling panorama of lake Sevan and the surrounding countryside. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Tufenkian Avan Marak Tsapatagh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.