My husband and I stayed at Boundary Hill over New Years Holiday and it was the perfect hotel to end our stay with. We did not want to leave and wish we had more time there as this was one of the highlights of our trip. I would advise arriving in the mid-morning/afternoon to maximize your time or spend 2 nights. We cannot wait to go back again. I would rank this as one of the top 5 places we have ever stayed (not because of amenities and extras but because of the property and views!).
There is no proper reception/concierge etc...so don't expect that. The staff/local Masai will carry your luggage to your room and you will probably feel like the lodge is very isolate (it is!). I was worried I would get lost if I ever left my room as we arrived at night but the staff is always around to escort you.
- The staff was delightful and so attentive. It's a joint partnership with the local Masai which was awesome. It was just a 2 of us for the night so we had the place to ourselves.
- Food was pretty good. I really loved the soup at dinner and breakfast.
- Our room was massive. We had a king size bed with sitting area and downstairs was a large bathroom. We also had a enormous balcony with stunning views. Words cannot do it justice.
- The walking safari is incredible and a must. We learned so much and saw a giraffe carcas in it's entirety from a recent kill.
We didn't have a problem with any of the below but this more of FYI for future guests
- The grounds and room are a little dark at night (bring a flashlight)
- The road to Boundary Hill is a long one (and I am not exagerating). It's more of a dirt path through trees which was fun but tiring after a long day (hence why i recommend getting their earlier rather than in the evening). The drive is totally worth it and don't get dismayed by this as you have to take this road to several other properties as well so it's not unique to Boundary Hill.
- Also Known As:
- Boundary Hill Hotel Tarangire National Park
- Boundary Hill Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Boundary Hill Lodge is the newest wildlife experience in Tarangire National Park. Visit the Massai who actually own the lodge, in their homes, not fake bomas built for tourists. Visit the schools that benefit from the Conservation area and form your stay at the lodge. Get off the beaten track and experience the forgotten Africa. ... more less