“Nice hotel with wonderful staff” 4 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2101 West Meadowview Road, Greensboro, NC 27403   |
Ranked #14 of 75 Hotels in Greensboro
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
“Nice hotel with wonderful staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

The 4 nights' stay was pleasant. Although the facility wasn't very new but it was clean and no odd smells. I like the washing stand is outside of bathroom so when my roommate is using bathroom I can still wash my hands.

Jasmine and Keisha are wonderful girls. They are always helpful and patient, even when our group of 40 people flooded the reception room. They also have better coffee than nearby coffee shops, although it probably too much too ask for paper cups.

It is a nice hotel with excellent staff service. I hope I can stay here again next year.

Joanna

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
NCRedRoofGM, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Greensboro Coliseum, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Hello Joanna,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. Everyone appreciates your kind words (especially Keisha and Jasmine). It’s motivational when we hear of a positive guest experience.
It was a pleasure to have your group here and we do hope to see you again next year. Thanks again for choosing to stay with us.

Best Regards,

Nelson Beam

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

We always book Red Roof when coming in for my son's college stuff. However this time was booking from twilight zone! First room 150: VERY strong old cigarette smoke smell, enough to cause our allergies to flare immediately. Called front desk they apologized but that was all. Called again because free wifi wasnt working - they gave us a number to call where we found out the twchnical issues are onsite so no fix. Next morning we got up to find a mouse scurrying around the room! Big problem!! Front desk quickly moved us to a new room (upstairs) so we could finish getting ready. We left for the entire day & came back exhausted. Still no wifi so I talked to Monique who again moved us, this time to the main building where not only was the wifi working strong, the room had better A/C & seemed better...until later in the evening when sewer gases started to build up in the bathroom! Tried to check out upon return after the mouse incident only to be told no
refund & can't be "checked out" until the next mornings audit. With PGA & big dog show in town there weren't many other options so we had to stay. With my son here in college I will be back in town often but I can't say that I will ever stay at Red Roof again! Mouse = no us!

Stayed August 2013
NCRedRoofGM, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Greensboro Coliseum, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Hello,

I appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback. I apologize that your experience did not meet everyone’s expectations. I am aware of the Wi-Fi issue that occurred during your stay and we’re working to correct this and prevent further occurrences. The other issues mentioned are not problems our inn typically experience. The front desk representatives made me aware of your claims and we contacted our professional vendor who did not find anything.
I understand you have stayed before and did not have a poor experience. I ask that you give us another chance to meet your lodging needs in the future. The entire staff would you like to have you return. I invite you to contact me personally with any further concerns.

General Manger
Norcross, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

I recently stayed at the Red Roof Inn Greensboro Coliseum. My stay was only for one night. The hotel has made some great changes. I stayed here several years ago and the rooms look like they needed updating. Well those changes make this a very attractive place to stay at decent price. I loved the fact that they are now 100% smoke free. I will stay again on my other visits to Greensboro. The Front Desk staff and maintenance man were very polite and courteous. I did not have any interactions with the housekeeping staff.

Room Tip: The best room is the superior king.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
NCRedRoofGM, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Greensboro Coliseum, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your recent stay. It is always a pleasure to hear from a satisfied customer. Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again when your travels bring you to Greensboro.

Greenville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

When I stayed at this hotel, I was helped by Sherica. She was an angel. I was in a bind and I had to find a hotel because a convention was going on and all of the nearby hotels - by the coliseum were all booked up. Sherica was very nice and also the girl that ran the front desk the following day was also nice too. The room was very clean. I had never stayed at a Red Roof Inn before.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
NCRedRoofGM, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Greensboro Coliseum, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on our hotel. It is always a pleasure to hear from a satisfied guest. Kind words such as yours are motivational for the entire staff. Sherica was extremely happy to read the review. Thanks again for staying with us. We hope you stay again if your travels return you to Greensboro.

Murphy, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

I was very pleasantly surprised about this hotel. I had shopped around for price and location to UNCG campus for a summer institute. The front desk clerk Sherica and Keisha were wonderful. They are great ambassadors for the hotel and the chain. The room was very clean. Thank you Anita. The decor in the room was very attractive and functional with great lighting. The grounds were well manicured and free of litter. The wifi was easy to access and very reliable. I would highly recommend this hotel for your business or work travel needs. Just remember your hair dryer and steam iron. Room service is available and the hotel was within walking distance to many restaurants.

Room Tip: Ask for a second floor room. No restaurant or swimming pool. Across highway from Koury Center and th...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Hello Linda,
We appreciate your feedback. We strive to deliver great service and it’s always a pleasure to hear from a satisfied guest. We agree with you that our location is great with nearby universities, event facilities, and restaurants. Sherica, Keisha, and Anita were extremely proud to read your review. Thanks for taking the time to share your experience and choosing to stay with us. We hope to see you again if your travels return you to Greensboro.

Durham, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

When I stayed here last Dec. I met, & was served by Keisha Alba, who served me this time, as well. I remembered her in April because she gave such good service last Dec-the service's outstanding! not only for me, but also for others she served, that walked in the door. Keisha's definitely an asset to this establishment. THanks for making my stay...a Good one.

Room Tip: safer feeling, on the front side
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
NCRedRoofGM, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Greensboro Coliseum, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Hello Camille P,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback concerning your stay and service you received. It’s always a pleasure to read about positive experience delivered by a staff member. Keisha was very happy to read your kind words also. We look forward to seeing you again when your travels bring you to Greensboro.

Best Regards,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

This was my first stay at this hotel. The front desk employee was very pleasant and helpful, Monique. I am not from the area so she had no problem directing me to good restaurants, theatre and mall. Usually desk clerks seem aggravated to help beyond check in but not this young lady. The rooms were clean and there was not any noise from the other rooms or outside. The location is perfect for downtown wine tasting, restaurants, mall shopping or to catch a great movie. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. My next trip to Greensboro I will book a room again here.

• Stayed June 2013
NCRedRoofGM, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Greensboro Coliseum, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Hello,

Thank you for your kind words. We too believe we have a perfect location with plenty of choices for food, shopping and fun. The staff is always delighted to hear from a satisfied customer. Monique was especially excited to hear your feedback. Our goal is to provide a clean comfortable room with great service. Thanks again for taking the time to share your experience and we hope to see you here again soon.

Nelson Beam

Been to Red Roof Inn Greensboro Coliseum? Share your experiences!