“Great Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 75 Hotels in Greensboro
Bluffton, South Carolina
“Great Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

This is a great hotel just off the I 40. Room was very clean, and bed comfortable. The staff was friendly and the best part is the hotel is located close to plenty of places to eat, things to do and the mall is 3 minutes away.

Room Tip: I would opt for the superior king with the mini fridge and microwave.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
NCRedRoofGM, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Greensboro Coliseum, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Hello Amanda,

Thank you for taking the time and sharing your recent experience. Positive feedback, like yours, is always an inspiration to our staff as we make every effort to improve the quality of our service. We look forward to seeing you again here at the Red Roof Inn.

Nelson Beam

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Camden
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

I'm on the road 3 to 4 nights a week and I like to know what to expect before I check in. When you're greeted with a good attitude that's sets the tone. I stay at this motel a couple nights a month and always feel welcomed at the desk, in a sincere way. I'm in sales and I appreciate good service, service that is offered without being asked for. It might be a choice of rooms, location of room, or even more coffee for the room, but whatever it is, there is always good service which makes me look forward to the next trip. When you travel you worry about a lot things, but when I'm headed to Greensboro I can relax. Good service, Good attitude, See you next time.

Room Tip: When looking for an economical room, check and see how recently the room has been renovated. This me...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
NCRedRoofGM, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Greensboro Coliseum, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Hello Camden,

I thank you for your kind words. It is always great to hear from customer with positive experiences. It is truly our goal to deliver exceptional service to all of our customers. Your review is motivational for our entire staff. We look forward to serving you again when your travels bring you to Greensboro.

Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for 3 days and had a mostly pleasant experience. The room was clean, the beds were comfortable and the staff was friendly. Two minor complaints – 1) the shower drain wasn’t working properly, which led to water filling the tub while I showered and 2) the cleaning lady played music very loudly in the morning; she was cleaning a room all the way at the other end of the hotel and the music sounded like it was right outside our window. Other than that, free parking and free wireless is a huge plus and I would most likely stay there again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
NCRedRoofGM, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Greensboro Coliseum, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. It is always positive to hear from our customers. We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced during your stay. I’m not sure if you reported the drain issue but we would have loved to have corrected the issue for you and any future guests. I do understand how the music could be disturbing. I will share your feedback with our staff so that this will not happen again. We do appreciate you staying with us. I hope you will give us another opportunity if you are in the Greensboro area again.

Harriston, VA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012 via mobile

I normally stay at this hotel. this time was a little different- front desk was closed at like 7 p.m. no coffee, no hot water for tea , had to use window. TV has rolling bar going across it up vertically. also the cable did not have many choices 4 channels. that being said it's still 1 of the best values in Greensboro.

• Stayed November 2012
NCRedRoofGM, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Greensboro Coliseum, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Hello L Barker,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback for our hotel. I apologize if you were inconvenienced by the lobby hour availability. I do understand how the television issue you described would negatively impact your night. I’m not sure if you noted your issue with the television but most times, our staff can correct issues of this kind if they are made aware.

We do appreciate your opinion that we are one of the best values in Greensboro. We will continue to take actions to retain your confidence and hope to see you here soon.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel a couple of times and found it to be surprisingly quiet considering its location so near the interstate. It's convenient to lots of places and the rates are very reasonable. This past Friday, my husband & I stayed in room 108, in the main building. The room was quiet, except for the very annoying loud clicking and popping the heater made all night, even when we turned the thermostat down to around 50. The bed was extremely lumpy and the pillows hard and flat. However the room was clean and we made the best of it. On Saturday, we decided to extend our stay and were given a room upstairs in the rear building. This one was much more to our liking, with a better bed (although still not quite as comfortable as I would have liked), new pillows, and quiet heat. The hotel is showing its age, but the extremely nice girl at the front desk told us it will be receiving a complete overhaul in the coming year, with all new room updates. There was a pile of beer bottles at the bottom of the stairs when we came down to check out, so I assume there was a party overnight. Fortunately, I never heard the revelers.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
NCRedRoofGM, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Greensboro Coliseum, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We are looking forward to upcoming changes for our property. As a matter of fact, we are replacing some of the bedding in the hotel over the next few weeks so that everyone can have a more comfortable night as you experienced during your second night. We try to maintain a clean and well maintained property so we will address the issues you noted. I thank you for choosing to stay with us and sharing your experience. I hope you give us another opportunity when you are in the Greensboro, NC area again.
Rocky Mount
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

I come to Greensboro 2 or 3 times a year for a trade show and i have stayed here before and although its just a average motel its not the worst BUT this time it was during the big high point furniture show and i guess greed became more important than customer service. I use my clc card when i book this place as i did this time and was given my reservation in advance of my stay.When i showed up they told me they would not honer the card due to the high point show and because every motel was full i was stuck and had to pay. Also a friend who usually stays here heard them call some who used priceline and said the were over booked and the could not give them the room then offered them the room but since it cost to much they did not take it. The reviews of this motel are good but dont count on the price this motel is not a $90.00 a night motel!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
NCRedRoofGM, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Greensboro Coliseum, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Greetings,
I appreciate the expression of your opinion and always want to hear from our customers. Your stay was during a bi-annual special event for the Greensboro/High Point area. Our rates are determined according to the demand and there are times we do not accept the CLC or other discounts. You also noted the Priceline issue via your hotel survey but the details are unclear. We do believe we offer a true value and our rates are always competitive if not lower than area hotels. I apologize if you feel you were somehow misled. You did mention that you have stayed before and I do hope you will again.

Gainesville, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

If you're looking for nice, economical and convenient lodging near the Greensboro Coliseum, the University of North Carolina at Greensboro and Four Seasons Mall you couldn't do better than this property. Smallish but clean and recently refurbished rooms with no fridge, microwave or breakfast but including comp gourmet coffee in the lobby and a free USA Today.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
NCRedRoofGM, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Greensboro Coliseum, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Hello,

Thank you for your feedback and kind words. You are correct, our standard rooms do not offer a micro/fridge but we do offer them in select rooms. Thanks again and we look forward to serving your lodging needs in the future.

Regards,

Been to Red Roof Inn Greensboro Coliseum? Share your experiences!