“Worst hotel we have ever experienced” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Greensboro Coliseum

You added Holiday Inn Greensboro Coliseum to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Greensboro Coliseum
3005 High Point Road, Greensboro, NC 27403 (Formerly Park Lane Hotel at Four Seasons)   |
Ranked #49 of 75 Hotels in Greensboro
Columbia, South Carolina
“Worst hotel we have ever experienced”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

We travel regularly, and generally just need a simple hotel for business or family. We usually stay at Hampton's or the like. This hotel was booked with a traveling sports team and we thought because it was part of the Four Seasons family that it would be decent. The staff was fine, when we arrived at around 9 pm. When we got to the room and opened the door we immediately were hit with the smell of wet mold. The entire carpet was damp, the beds were paper thin and the sink was stained brown. The room's T.V. and furniture, bedding and curtains were outdated. The room smelled and felt old and dirty. We decided to stick with it since we had a child with us and it was late but within a few hours, all of us started itching. I went to the front desk around midnight and they immediately gave me a few rooms to look at and move to. We found a dry one, but as we ventured through the hotel hallways we noticed serval doors propped open and all sorts of dehumidifiers in the hallways. We left early the next day. This was the poorest representation of a Four Seasons that we have ever seen. They need to entirely renovate or take their name off this hotel. Horrible

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

Hotel is in a convenient location, staff is very nice and helpful BUT the hotel is in neeed of a serious renovation. No WiFi in our room, everything is outdated, obvious issue w/ air handling system as they kept humidifiers on and unoccupied doors open to air out rooms. Breakfast was a bunch of prepackaged food that they unwrapped. Would not stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013
Gloucester, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

I've stayed multiple times at this hotel but the last 3 times has been less than good. The last occasion was sooooo bad for not only myself but a dozen people who were part of our entourage and had multiple rooms.
The carpets were damp in EVERY room we had. There was mold on the bed itself and the mattress. They changed our room and seemed only too aware that they had issues with many of their rooms.
The price for this hotel has gone up more and more every time we stayed. Well the last visit was just that... the last.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Fuquay-Varina, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

My husband and i recently spent the night at Park Lane Hotel in Greensboro, NC. We could not have asked for a better room. The staff was professional and courteous. We will stay there again and recommend it to others.

Room Tip: Call ahead if you have any concerns about staying at the hotel.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is in a great location close to Greensboro coliseum and mall. But is in need of updating there rooms the carpet is torn in places and tv's outdated. Staff is very nice and willing to help with what ever needs might arise.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

I have stayed at the Park Lane several times a year for around 20 years. My stays have varied from a few days to a couple of weeks. The staff is always courteous and friendly. The rooms are always clean. The breakfast room is always neat and clean, and the food is fresh and tasty. The hotel is not brand new, so the decor, especially in the halls could stand to be updated. However, that said, there is no better place to stay in Greensboro anywhere near the Park Lane's price point. It is a safe, welcoming and well-located place to stay. And, as an added bonus, there are two parking lots: one is fenced and controlled by a security gate; and the other, for those momentary stops, is open and not gated.

Vic T

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Hanover, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

I recently spent a weekend at this hotel because I was attending an event at the Colliseum. When I first entered the hallway of my floor I was concerned about staying there. It looked as if the carpet was wet and the hall had an "odd" smell to it (which I assumed was due to wet carpet) as well as being very warm. But upon entering my room it was nice and cool and quite clean. The hallway continued to smell but as stated, the room was fine. I must say that they have the "bounciest" (is that a word?) beds I have ever slept on! The breakfast was so-so (skip the eggs and sausage!) with no change from Saturday to Sunday in your choice. And when they say it ends at 10am, they promptly put everything away immediately at 10am. All in all, while the hotel definitely was older, I would stay there again if I was attending an event at the Collisseum. I read other reviews about housekeeping coming in, I kept the "Do Not Disturb" sign in the door at all times and when I was in the room I kept the deadbolt locked. I will say housekeeping was on the floor ALL day. Seemed odd that it took sooo long to clean one floor.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Holiday Inn Greensboro Coliseum? Share your experiences!