“No real + or -” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #57 of 75 Hotels in Greensboro
Hanover, Pennsylvania
“No real + or -”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

I recently spent a weekend at this hotel because I was attending an event at the Colliseum. When I first entered the hallway of my floor I was concerned about staying there. It looked as if the carpet was wet and the hall had an "odd" smell to it (which I assumed was due to wet carpet) as well as being very warm. But upon entering my room it was nice and cool and quite clean. The hallway continued to smell but as stated, the room was fine. I must say that they have the "bounciest" (is that a word?) beds I have ever slept on! The breakfast was so-so (skip the eggs and sausage!) with no change from Saturday to Sunday in your choice. And when they say it ends at 10am, they promptly put everything away immediately at 10am. All in all, while the hotel definitely was older, I would stay there again if I was attending an event at the Collisseum. I read other reviews about housekeeping coming in, I kept the "Do Not Disturb" sign in the door at all times and when I was in the room I kept the deadbolt locked. I will say housekeeping was on the floor ALL day. Seemed odd that it took sooo long to clean one floor.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Perry
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

THE WORST HOTEL I HAVE EVER STAYED AT! The hotel smelled of dampness and mold. The bathrooms in the rooms were dirt. There was hair in the tub and on the floor. Toothpaste splatters on the mirrors, and the carpet was the original carpet from when they built! Nasty and wavy. A male housekeeping staff member came into the room when my daughter was sleeping and touched her. When she awoke, he ran out of the room! I would not recommend this hotel to anyone! our stay was Sept. 2012

Room Tip: To choose a good room, find another hotel!!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Kevin R, General Manager at Park Lane Hotel at Four Seasons, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
Thank you for your comments. We take pride in providing the best service we can to all of our guests. Unfortunately, this was an isolated incident with one of our long employed room attendants. The room attendant was trying to do his job, after knocking several times, in a dark room, that had no do not disturb sign on the door. Trust me, it started the staff member tremendously. Mistakes unfortunately do happen occassionally, and we try our best to learn from them, change procedures, and become a better hotel facilitly for all of our guests. If there is ever a problem with maintenance, cleanliness of the room, or overall satisfaction, there is staff here 24 hours a day seven days a week to assist our valued guests. We will also forward your comments concerning some possible upgrades to our facility to the corporate offices.
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

I beg you to go anywhere else.

The hotel is very dumpy, everything is very old. The entire building smells very bad, it has terrible lighting. I showered in my flipflops, which I never do. I was worried that I would leave there with some type of desease. The entire time I was there it seemed like we had paid for a "pay by the hour" hotel, you know what I mean? The 'secure' parking was missing the entire gate. The building is poorly maintained. But to top it all off.

A male house keeping man came into my room WHILE I WAS SLEEPING AND TOUCHED ME on my back. It scared me so badly, I immediately turned around to see him leaving the room. I jumped up to see who it was, and through the 'peep hole' I could see him leaving with his cart. He never said a word to me!

Save yourself! Don't go to the Park Lane Hotel at Four Seasons!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012 via mobile

The rooms are on the smaller side (but not too bad) and damp. There is no fan in the bathroom which just adds to the dampness. The styrofoam eggs and rubbery sausage at breakfast are barely edible. The people are the highlight of this hotel. Everyone has such a great, helpful attitude! They are the only thing keeping this hotel open in my opinion. I felt the hotel was as clean as they could make it. I'm sorry to stay that this was my last year staying here unless things get changed.

• Stayed August 2012
Kevin R, General Manager at Park Lane Hotel at Four Seasons, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
Thank you for your kind words about our staff. We strive to be as accommodating and as professional as possible. I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy our complimentary breakfast. I hope you were able to find something to eat off of our extensive breakfast buffet. Also, do not hesitate to ask one of our staff to refresh items that may not be up to standard. They would be more than happy to do this for you.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012 via mobile

Needs to be updated. Carpet smells and is gross, wall outlets don't work, lamps dont work, rooms are small and this place is defiantly not worth the money. Completely disappointed and would never recommend especially for business clients.

• Stayed August 2012
Kevin R, General Manager at Park Lane Hotel at Four Seasons, responded to this review, August 11, 2012
Thank you for your input concerning your room. We have maintenance available for you 24 hours a day. If you would contact the front desk concerning your issues we can fix them. However if we do not know about your problems we can not fix them. Hopefully we can provide you with better service in the future.
columbia,sc
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012 via mobile

Attended a track and field event for the weekend with a group of teenagers.The hotel certainly wasn't the greatest but it DEFINITELY wasnt the worst. The rooms didnt smell like some of the others said and were in okay shape. The decor including the comforters were outdated.The corner of the bathroom did have a lil sumthin sumthin in it that was unrecognizable. The location was very convenient to the event we were attending. If you aren't picky and don't plan on staying in the room much this may be the place for you.

• Stayed June 2012
Richmond, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2012

I booked this hotel recently and was in town for business. The exterior looked very appealing, but when I arrived, checked in, and took my bags upstairs to my room, the hallways were horrible and smelled of bleach and mold. The ugly green carpet is very old and needs replacing. If the owner would invest a little money in just replacing the carpet, it would be a cheerful walk to the room. When I walked down the hallways, between the smells and the dreary dingy looking hallways, it was just horrible. I would have tried to find another place to stay, but my room had a neutral smell and was clean. But between the front lobby and my room was a dreadful walk.
The hotel staff was very friendly. It is too bad that this hotel is not better taken care of. The owner should reinvest in his property & replace the carpet in the hallways.
They do offer a continental breakfast that consists of assorted cereal, pastries, bagels, coffee, tea, orange and apple juice.
My best memories of this hotel will be the friendly staff. My worst memory will be that nasty, smelly, dreaded hallway.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
GM3005, General Manager at Park Lane Hotel at Four Seasons, responded to this review, May 10, 2012
Thank you for your kind words concerning our staff. We take pride in providing the best service we can to all of our guests. We will also forward your comments concerning some possible upgrades to our facility to the corporate offices. Thank you again, and we look forward to any upcoming guests visiting our hotel.

Been to Park Lane Hotel at Four Seasons? Share your experiences!