“Excellent Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 75 hotels in Greensboro
Mentor, Ohio
“Excellent Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

I received excellent services by one of your employee, her name is Shamalee. She provided my family with a smile every day and she help my daughter and granddaughter with breakfast. My granddaughter looked forward every day going to breakfast just to see Shamalee. She is what make my family and I decided to return next August. She is an excellent employee and I want her to be acknowledge for her dedication to your holiday and your guest.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Holiday Inn Express Greensboro-Wendover, responded to this review, August 18, 2013
Dear Annette E,

Thanks so much for your review and kind words for the excellent service you received from our staff. We're delighted to read that you plan to return next year and I will be sure to pass your praise on to our team! We appreciate your recommendation and look forward to your next visit. Thank you again for your review!

115 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Austintown
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

My husband and I were taking our parents for a week vacation to Kure Beach,NC. Considering we are from Ohio, we thought this time around we would stop and sleep so by the time we would get there we would be nice and refreshed when we would get there. When we got there the frount desk lady ( I feel terrible for not remembering her name.) Was of much help and very nice and even was able to save us some money for our stay which is always a plus. The rooms were clean and comfortable. Especially the pillows in my opinion. ;) The breakfast was delicious and also very clean. There was especially one lady who was very curtious, sweet and made sure we were well taken care of ( Shamalee I believe her name was.) I\we would like to thank everyone there for the great hospitality and customer service. And hope to maybe stay there again next year. :)

Room Tip: We personally did not try their restaurant there but there is a Ruby Tuesdays nearby that we had din...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Holiday Inn Express Greensboro-Wendover, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Dear Angellove3681,

Thank you for reviewing our Holiday Inn Express; we're very pleased to hear you had a terrific stay and hope you enjoyed your trip to the beach. I'm also glad you had a clean stay and found our pillows so comfy. Thanks again for sharing your comments and we hope to see you next year as well, if not sooner!

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

excellent service, quality breakfast, there is a fridge and a microwave in our room. but no water-boiler. we could not make coffee in the room. Also the air-conditioner makes noise so we could not sleep well.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear lang q,

Thanks for reviewing your recent stay at our hotel. I'm glad to read you found our service excellent and enjoyed our complimentary breakfast, but do apologize for the inconveniences you faced and our team will discuss your feedback in order to improve our guest experience. Thank you again and we hope to see you the next time you're in town!

Winston Salem, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

I was travelling visiting friends in Greensboro and stayed at this hotel. I have been here before several years ago and love the changes! They have definitely have had a makeover and the mangers Michael and Rachel are great! Wanda at the front desk has the warmest smile and Wilhemina the housekeeper did a fantastic job of cleaning my room! One of the great changes I like is the new air conditioners with the wall control unit. I stayed in room 401 a handicap king and and although I'm not much for a handicap room, this was one of the cleanest rooms I had been in!
I would most definitely recommend this hotel to others.

Room Tip: 401, corner room overlooks Wendover!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Holiday Inn Express Greensboro-Wendover, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Dear jorgekoster,

We appreciate you reviewing our hotel and are happy to hear that you enjoy our refreshed look, as well as that all our staff was so friendly and helpful while you visited. I'm also glad you had a clean and comfortable stay and we're grateful for your high ratings across the board. Thank you again for your review and we can't wait for your next stay!

Greensboro, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

The members of the Wings track club enjoyed our stay. They were very accommodating and nice to our children. I was surprise they did not have a wash room nor a workout area. However, we could use both next door at their sister hotel. The hostess for breakfast was so nice. She keep the food refilled and offered excellent service the whole week. The rooms were kept cleaned and we will return.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Holiday Inn Express Greensboro-Wendover, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Dear Rochell P,

Thank you for your review and I'm happy to hear you and your fellow club members enjoyed staying at our hotel. We're also glad you had a clean and comfortable stay and our staff was very friendly! Thanks again and we hope to see you for another stay soon.

Woodstock, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

I'll admit that when we were told by our coach that we were booked at the "Holiday Inn Express", we were a bit skeptical to say the least. However, much to our surprise and pleasure it was one of the most excellent hotel stays that we've ever had. The rooms were clean and convenient with a refrigerator and microwave. The lobby was spacious and the breakfast excellent for the price. Finally, the staff, from the front desk to the kitchen staff were extremely accommodating and kind. They offered to help at every turn and went out of their way to assist with luggage, computers, directions and alternative items if something had run out in the dining room in the mornings. Again, do let me say that all of the staff was wonderful and helpful, but Shama Lee was friendly, very sweet and very personable. Thank you Holiday Inn Express for making our stay so awesome. God bless you all. You all are AMAZING.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Holiday Inn Express Greensboro-Wendover, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Dear lezlie h,

Thanks so much for your review and kind words and I'm delighted to read that we exceeded your initial expectations. We're also happy you enjoyed our service and amenities so much. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Greensboro!

Royal Oak
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

Had 2 rooms for 2 night stay for track weekend. Good proximity to restaurants and freeways. One of our rooms really smelled like smoke--not cool for a non-smoker, but overall stay was good. Pool was clean, lobby and breakfast area very welcoming.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Fivetotravel,

Thanks for reviewing our Holiday Inn Express. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay overall, though apologize for the issue you ran into - we appreciate your feedback and our team will discuss it in order to provide the cleanest rooms we can. If you would like to discuss further, please reach out to me at the number below. Otherwise, we're happy you enjoyed our location and other amenities. Thank you again for your review and we hope to see you the next time you're in town!

(434) 822-2161

Been to Holiday Inn Express Greensboro-Wendover? Share your experiences!