“Pleasently Suprised” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #28 of 75 Hotels in Greensboro
Wilmington, North Carolina
“Pleasently Suprised”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2011

I have not stayed at this location sense it was a Howard Johnson's back in the 70s. I was pleasantly surprised to find bright lobby, nice clean rooms and very friendly people. Bed and pillows much nicer than a Hampton. Inn. It has a clean restaurant attached for casual meals. l would rate Double Tree a great value for your money. Will be back

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
ChadBaker, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Greensboro, responded to this review, September 2, 2011
Thank you for your comments. This is definenetly not the Howard Johnson of old. It is a fresh, vibrant DoubleTree and we appreciate you noticing the hardwork put in to turn this into a great property. J Butlers restaurant is attached to the property and provides a great place for causal dinner with friends. We look forward to see you in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Turkish first
Southampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2011

Arrived on spec (8/17/2011), the receptionist was VERY helpful despite not having a king bed room she was able to give us a well apointed 2 queen bed on the 5th floor, the view is not great but your not going to get a sea view in Greensboro. No wireless but as long as you have acess who cares. Room very clean, loads of towels, ice machine down the hall, well decorated, plenty of free parking, and of course "the cookie" (or as we would say back home the biscuite). Here for two days so I migh update ...but first impressions count and this hotel is GOOD.
Mad Frank. Southampton, England

Room Tip: Be nice to the receptionist
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
We appreciate your kind comments about the DoubleTree Greensboro. Our front desk staff works very hard to accommodate each guest. Unfortunately we have an Ocean view but we are working on it. Our housekeeping does a great job in keeping the rooms very clean and they will really appreciate these comments. And don’t forget the freshly baked “cookie” which is the staple of DoubleTree hotels.
Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2011

I've never stayed at a Doubletree before so I can't compare this to others of it's kind. We stayed here one night for a concert in downtown Greensboro. It was just a short drive (5-10mins) from downtown and there is plenty of free parking downtown, so it's a great location for that. It is also very near to the coliseum. The hotel was very clean and well-kept. They gave my husband and I both a warm cookie on check-in and the ladies at the front desk were very friendly and welcoming. The room was about the cleanest I've ever stayed in. Not even the strange hotel smell that is in even the cleanest hotel rooms. The beds and bedding were very comfortable and the bathroom and shower were very nice and worked perfectly. The in-room hairdryer was great, and the in-room Wolfgang Puck coffee was very good. Normally the in-room machines make terrible coffee, but this was quite good. The breakfast buffet in the morning was excellent. I didn't expect it to be so large. It had everything anyone could want for a full meal. The entire hotel seemed very new. The only somewhat negative things were the price was a little high, but I think the value was fair. The hallways were hot, but I didn't spend much time in them so that's not a big deal. The area between the hotel and downtown was a little seedy, but understandably so.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
ChadBaker, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Greensboro, responded to this review, August 22, 2011
Thank you for your great comments about our property. This hotel is in great condition due to the hard work of our housekeepers. We also have a great location right off I-40 very close to downtown Greensboro and the Greensboro Coliseum. The cookie is another aspect that sets us apart. It’s not just the warm delicious flavor of the cookie but rather a symbol of promise to you to provide great service each and every time.
Altanta, GA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2011

Just got here so might update this review later with more info.

FIrst of all.. No DT Cookie at reception. They were out. They will have some later, but dont really feel like going down to the lobby from the 12th floor to get one :s

Next up... Internet access. NO WIRELSS, but they did leave me this 4 foot cord which is JUST to short to reach the bed. Internet is free for everyone apparently (i get it free anyway) but at 500kbs its pretty unusable. Might have to get my aircard out.

Rooms is pretty standard, nothing fancy - A/C is a little loud though so will have to turn that off.

I can see a Hooters, a Chilies and a Lone Star from my room window so plenty of places to eat.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
ChadBaker, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Greensboro, responded to this review, August 17, 2011
The cookie is a huge part of the DoubleTree Brand. Due to this they are very popular among guests so we have to keep the oven on at al times to keep fresh cookies stocked at the front desk. I am sorry we didn’t have them available when you came by the desk. We strive to provide exceptional customer service to each guests. Our property is located very conveniently at the intersection of High Point Rd. and I-40. These means there are a plethora of restaurants, shopping and entertainment in the area. Thank you for your response and please stop by our property on your next visit to Greensboro and we will fix you up with our famous cookies.
Annapolis, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2011

We stayed at hotel about two weeks ago for 1 night. Staff was very friendly. Hotel in very good condition.

My wife, daughter and grandson are staying at hotel again today. They checked in last night and will spend the day there before traveling this afternoon. Are they receiving " 5 star" service?

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for your response. We pride ourselves on clean rooms and great service. Your comments are a testament to our staff’s hard work to insure each guest receives the same great treatment. We strive to provide exceptional service to each and every guest.
Ellicott City, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2011

We recently had my daughters wedding reception here. Pam did an amazing job! It was great! The staff, Pam, Lisa, Omar and others made it memorable. They were great to work with and very friendly. If you are looking for a wedding receiption site, I would highly recommend this place. They went above and beyond my expectations as I had to plan this from out of state without seeing the site or meeting any of the staff. We also thoroughly enjoyed our three night stay. The front desk staff was very friendly and accommodating. The food was very good too. I was very impressed with everything. (I wish I had another wedding coming up)

Room Tip: our bed was very comfortable
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
ChadBaker, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Greensboro, responded to this review, July 18, 2011
Thank you for your response to our property. We are privileged to be able to share a special day with friends and family. Pam and the entire staff wish you had another wedding in Greensboro as it was very enjoyable to have your group at the DoubleTree Greensboro. Our banquet rooms are perfect for wedding receptions, as well as, many other events. Our staff takes pride in accommodating all travelers and groups to the Greensboro area.
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2011

I enjoyed my stay at the Double Tree in Greensboro NC. The customer service that this hotel gives is excellent. I even had a good experience with the housekeeping staff. The hotel is in excellent condition and is always clean. I always arrive early for my stay and they always accomodate me. I have never been turned away. There is a front desk agent named Keisha that works 2nd shift that is great with the guest.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
ChadBaker, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Greensboro, responded to this review, July 8, 2011
Thank you for your response. Customers like you make our job in customer service very enjoyable. The housekeeping works very hard to keep the property in the best shape possible. The front desk prides itself on being helpful and accomodating as shown by Keisha.

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Greensboro? Share your experiences!