“Disappointing Experience” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #70 of 75 Hotels in Greensboro
MARION
“Disappointing Experience”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

We checked in to this hotel and the worn, run-down state of the property was immediately noticeable. Upon entering the room, the inside temperature was the same as outside, mid 40s, the HVAC unit was off. It took over an hour for the temperature to reach a comfortable level, but then we discovered the thermostat knob was broken and the shaft would not turn, so we had to alternately turn the unit on and off through the night to regulate the room temperature. The bed itself was comfortable, but the pillows were small and flat. Room furniture was old and worn.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Virginia Beach, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

When I entered the front lobby I knew right away that the hotel was a poor choice. Unfortunately it was already paid for, otherwise I would have left. The lobby furniture was shabby and behind the front counter the wall had chipped paint- in plain sight and very noticable.

Our room was disgusting. The linens were dirty. The walls in the bathroom had brown stains around the door. The bathroom door had foot prints on it as if someone had tried to kick out of it. The room smelled like cigarette smoke.

I was staying at the hotel with 2 little girls ages 10 and 11. I was a little scared when we left for a concert at 5:30 and saw a man standing by a car chatting with a man in the car. When we returned from the Justin Bieber concert at midnight, the car was parked off to the side with a man sitting in it. He looked like a pimp.

The breakfast in the morning was HORRIBLE. It consisted of doughnuts, cold cereal, toast and juice.

This hotel is scary and dirty. Spend a little more money to be safe and have a clean room.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
TimJustice, General Manager at Ramada Coliseum / Greensboro, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am sorry to hear that you had a bad stay with us. I will be going over your review with my housekeeping department so that we may keep these in room issues from happening in the future.

As to the issues that you brought up concerning the lobby, we are planning a renovation to that area soon. I hope that you will come and see us after that has been completed.

If I may be of further assistance, please let me know by contacting me at (336) 294-9922.

Tim Justice
Raleigh, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

This place is horribly unclean and rundown. I understand it's not expensive, but that doesn't excuse the lack of cleanliness. The elevator's up and down indicators were glued black into place and didn't work, and the overhead lights were falling out of the ceiling. Once we got to our hall, the doors were all propped open with bricks (not very safe) because something was wrong with the air. Our bedspread in our room had 2 large white stains on it, while our sheets had a couple of curly hairs and lots of burn holes (in bed smokers). Good thing we had sleeping bags in the car. PLUS they gave us absolutely no refund. Worst night in a hotel EVER.

Room Tip: I don't think it matters which room you're in. The entire place is rundown.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
TimJustice, General Manager at Ramada Coliseum / Greensboro, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay. I am sorry that your stay was not satisfactory and I apologize for that. Your comments will be discussed with our housekeeping department. If you would like to discuss your stay further, please call me at 336-324-6173 and I will be glad to discuss it with you.

Tim Justice

Been to Ramada Coliseum / Greensboro? Share your experiences!