“Awesome Weekend” 5 of 5 stars

Embassy Suites Greensboro - Airport
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   204 Centreport Drive, Greensboro, NC 27409   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
20% Off Advance Purchase!
Ranked #14 of 75 Hotels in Greensboro
Kannapolis, North Carolina
“Awesome Weekend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

We often stay at this hotel when we want to go off into the Va. Mountains for a ride. The room was great, the breakfast was delicious (chef was very personable) and we had an overall great stay. The front desk was very helpful when something we had pre ordered was not in the room. They replaced it free of charge.

Room Tip: Corner suites are huge!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
JRubio80736, Assistant General Manager and Food & Beverage Director at Embassy Suites Greensboro - Airport, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Dear Paul and Cynthia,

Thank you so much for making us a part of your relaxing weekend. We also appreciate your time on sharing your thoughts on Trip Advisor. I look forward to sharing your kind words with our team, expecially the Front Desk & Breakfast.

We hope you make us a stop on your travels to those beautiful VA Mountains. My wife and I travel to Roanoke, & Hike around the Blue Ridge there. It's a great weekend escape.

We look forward to then next opportunity your travels lead you back to our hotel.

Assistant General Manager and Food & Beverage Director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Cleveland, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

I made a reservation to stay here one night to break up a long drive, but I wish I had kept driving. The room they gave us absolutely reeked of cigarette smoke, like someone had been chain smoking in there for weeks. It was so bad that as soon as I opened the door I turned around and went back to the front desk to ask if I had been given a smoking room by mistake. The front desk staff assured me that the whole hotel was nonsmoking and that was not possible. They also said that the hotel was completely booked and they could not give me a different room. They did not offer to do anything to compensate me for the room or to try to address the issue. Honestly, I don't think air freshener or febreeze would have helped, but I would have appreciated it if they had at least tried. I mentioned the issue at checkout as well and again nothing was done to address the situation.

I am not hyper sensitive to smoke, but even I felt like I couldn't breath in that room. I was up most of the night coughing and the smell was so pervasive that I never became desensitized to the smell. It was completely unacceptable. What's worse, everything I brought into the hotel with me smelled like smoke when I left. I had to do laundry as soon as I got to my final destination.

I was terribly disappointed in the room and the hotel's response. As a whole, the hotel seemed to have a lot going for it. The room was larger than I expected, the bed was very comfortable, things looked clean (except for the cigarette burns in the curtains of the supposedly nonsmoking room), and the included breakfast exceeded my expectations. Had it not been for the overwhelming smell of smoke in my room, I would have given the hotel a very favorable rating. Unfortunately, the room I was given was simply unacceptable and absolutely no effort was made to remedy the situation or address my concerns.

Room Tip: As stupid as it sounds, if you're going to stay here, I would recommend requesting a non-smoking...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Noodlenj,

Thank you for making us a stop on your travels, and for taking a moment to share your experience on Trip Advisor. We appreciate all of the constructive feedback, and hope you allow us the opportunity to redeem our service levels.

I will follow up, with our team, as continue to embrace the "Make It Right" culture and attitude. I am sorry we didn't reflect the level of empathy, and offer any type of recovery. These will be the specific examples that I will share with the team.

I look forward to sharing your words with our leadership team, and hope we get another opportunity to have you back in our hotel. If you do, please call me. I'd love the opportunity to thank you & apologize personally. 336-668-4535 X7811

North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014

The managers reception was a big let down. The bartender had to make the drinks, replinish the food and clean the tables, one person should not be required to do all of that. The quality of food was poor, the amount was insufficent for the number of people in the hotel. Hotel did not return to rooms receiving roomservice to remove dishes, they remained in the hall until housekeeping started cleaning rooms the next day. The pull-out couch needs better mattresses that are at least 5 inches thick for a better nights sleep.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

JRubio80736, Assistant General Manager and Food & Beverage Director at Embassy Suites Greensboro - Airport, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
Dear KayJayS,

I will follow up to see if it was a day that we may have had a call out, someone out for the week, or if we just didn't schedule appropriately, and review with my team. It appears from the comment of the food, that we were un prepared all around. I say that, because it's not our norm. Even with the (2) drink limitation from the State, our scores are above Brand Average for the past 7 months.
I am sorry that you didn't experience that. Gail is always creatively coming up with different & new ideas. I will review the time fram you were here & appreciate your communication.

We have recently (Last Thursday) implemented a Room Service Tray Pickup Log Binder to ensure a number of pickups & logging the times. This should assist in what you noted.

I look forward to sharing your words with our leadership team, and hope we get a next opportunity to have you back in our hotel. If you do, please call me. I'd love the opportunity to thank you & apologize personally. 336-668-4535 X7811

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

We stayed here because we attended my son's graduation from Wake Forest and the Winston-Salem location was booked. I am so glad we got the opportunity to experience this location:excellent hotel, excellent and attentive staff Loved the evening reception and the full breakfast buffet with made to order omelets, pancakes and waffles. I would definitely stay here again.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Dear 552kimi,

Thank you for making us your choice for such an important occasion, and for taking a moment to share your experience on Trip Advisor. We appreciate all of the positive and wonderful feedback.

Edgewood, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014 via mobile

I have stayed at this hotel several times and I always have a comfortable stay. King corner suite #209 was very clean and roomy. No complaints. WiFi access was quick and easy to set up. The only negative thing I can say about my stay was the breakfast. Bland. I ordered an omelet and the cook spread the egg so thin that I think I really ate a crepe. I decided to try the French toast and he went in the back and brought out a handful of precooked toast. Again... bland without flavor. Watching him put a commercially prepared piece of French toast on the grill just to warm it up took all the excitement away from wanting to even eat it. Which I didn't. But lets get back to the good stuff. The bathroom was clean, with some very nice amenities. The real bright side to my stay here was the gentleman at the front desk when I checked in. I believe his name was Andrew. If all front Desk men were as attentive as he is the world would be a better place. My room wasn't ready when I checked in and he took my cell and called me as soon as it was. Very polite, efficient, and handled every detail: even down to the bottled water. The next morning I walked past him to go to my car and he greeted me my name. That's great customer service. If management really reads these posts, please note that Andrew is a great asset to your hotel. As always, this the default hotel for me when I'm in the Greensboro area. Keep up the good work

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear "Beachcrazy59",

Thank you for making us a stop on your travels, and for taking a moment to share your experience on Trip Advisor. We appreciate all of the positive and wonderful feedback. We also appreciate your notes about Breakfast, and review some options to make it a better experience. I will also share these notes with Andrew. We are proud to have him on our team, and have recently promoted him.

I look forward to sharing your words with our team, and to the next opportunity your travels lead you back to our hotel. Please ask for me the next time you are in town, as I would love the opportunity to meet you.

Princeton, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

The service and employees were awesome and very accommodating the food was good/social time...enjoyed our time there. We only stayed one for a dance competition, we normally go out for dinner...but they had everything we needed located onsite! Reasonable prices!

• Stayed May 2014
Dear Hinnant,

San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

The Embassy Suite in Greensboro, NC is very convenient to the airport and other attractions in the city. The staff is very friendly and helpful and the amenities in the groom what one would expect at an Embassy Suite

Room Tip: Higher floors have less noise from the restaurant and bar
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
JRubio80736, Assistant General Manager and Food & Beverage Director at Embassy Suites Greensboro - Airport, responded to this review, May 9, 2014
Dear RCT California,

We appreciate you making us a stop on your travels, and for taking a moment to share your experience on TripAdvisor. Thank you for all of the wonderful feedback.

I look forward to sharing your comments with our team, and to the next opportunity your travels lead you back to our hotel.

Assistant General Manager and Food & Beverage Director

Been to Embassy Suites Greensboro - Airport? Share your experiences!