“Good Hotel Atmosphere, but Poor Service” 3 of 5 stars

Embassy Suites Greensboro - Airport
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   204 Centreport Drive, Greensboro, NC 27409   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
20% Off Advance Purchase!
Ranked #13 of 75 Hotels in Greensboro
Liberty, United States
“Good Hotel Atmosphere, but Poor Service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

I asked for a 2 room suite and I needed to check in around Noon, which I was informed would not be an issue when I made my reservation. When I arrived at 12:30PM, I was rudely advised the rooms would not be available until 3PM. Once I did get my room it ended up being a parlor suite which is not what I had asked for and thought I reserved the 2 room suite. The indoor pool was cold and our kids could not even enjoy. We waited to be seated at the restaurant for 30 minutes before even acknowledged by the staff only to be told that it would be another 40 minutes before we could be waited on. There were only 5 tables seated at the time. We wanted to enjoy a nice drink at the bar which was suppose to open at 4PM. The bar did not open until late due to the bartender arriving later.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

JRubio80736, Assistant General Manager and Food & Beverage Director at Embassy Suites Greensboro - Airport, responded to this review, March 16, 2014
Dear David,

Thank you for making us a stop on your travels, and for taking a moment to share your experience with us. We appreciate your feedback, as it presents an opportunity to see how we could improve our commitments delivery, and communication.

We apologize for the inconvenience in the dining room, as this was a challenging time for us with the recent storms and power outages. We experienced heavier volumes & other challenges due to the conditions. We appreciate you letting us know, as it presents an opportunity to communicate differently the situation, as at the same time the wait was in the dining room, Suite Service was experiencing heavier volumes than normal.

If your travels lead you back to our area, please contact me. We would love the opportunity to recover.

Assistant General Manager & Food & Beverage Director
josh.rubio@jqh.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Anaheim, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

Despite the inclement weather, the staff were very professional, and the hotel was very kept. The meals were hot, and served in a timely manner. The service was very swift and professional. I will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Dear Michelle,

Thank you so much for making us a stop on your travels, and for taking a moment to share your experience with us. We are appreciative of your kind words. It was a tough time with the consequences of the weather, including staff not being able to make it to work.

We look forward to sharing your words with our team, and to the next opportunity your travels lead you back to our hotel.

Kernersville, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

On 2/28, we stayed at the Embassy Suites for our son's 10th birthday. We held a sleepover party with a few boys from his class. Everyone enjoyed the indoor pool and hot tub. The room was very spacious, especially for a group of boys! I really like that the rooms have a separate bedroom and living room. The kitchenette with refrigerator, sink, and microwave was very useful for serving pizza, cake, and making popcorn late at night. The free breakfast is wonderful- many options, including made to order omelets. The only problem we had during our stay is that one of the boys accessed the internet without our free Hilton honors code, and we had a charge of $10. When we asked about it at the front desk, the staff were very understanding and removed it for us immediately. This is a very nice hotel with great features and friendly staff, and we will definitely book here again! Thanks for a great stay and a memorable 10th birthday party for our son!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
JRubio80736, Assistant General Manager and Food & Beverage Director at Embassy Suites Greensboro - Airport, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Dear Mommytoidan,

Thank you so much for your kind words. We grately appreciate being your choice for your son's Birthday. I look forward to sharing your feed back with our team, and to the next opportunity to have you all back with us.

Wilkesboro, NC, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

I have stayed in many Embassy Suites and other Hilton properties. The only issue with this Embassy was internet was spotty at best. Very nice breakfast buffet that had a large variety of choices. Everything else was as always, first class.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

JRubio80736, Assistant General Manager and Food & Beverage Director at Embassy Suites Greensboro - Airport, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
Dear Brian,

Thank you for making us a stop on your travels, and for taking a moment to share your experience with us on Trip Advisor. We greatly appreciate your kind words, and look forward to sharing your comments with our team. We also appreciate your comment about the internet, and will evaluate the download & upload speeds.

We look forward to the next opportunity your travels lead you back to our hotel.

Chapel Hill
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

Staff and Hotel all are excellent, Hotel was clean and Staff was friendly a excellent weekend get away!Great value for the money, my wife and I had a great experience at this hotel and all it had to offer.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

JRubio80736, Assistant General Manager and Food & Beverage Director at Embassy Suites Greensboro - Airport, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Dear Dana,

Thank you for making us your choice for a get away, and for taking a moment to share your experience with us. Thank you for all of the wonderful comments. We look forward to sharing them with the team, and for the next opportunity your travels lead you back to our hotel.

Josh Rubio
Assistant General Manager and Food & Beverage Director.
Jamestown, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

I had a great time, wonderful experience with excellent service for my sons birthday. The value for the money was unbelievable, I still can't get over what a great deal I had! Thank you for everything!!! I will be back.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Dear Nancy,

We appreciate you choosing us as a stop on your travels, and appreciate that you took a moment of your time to share your experience on Trip Advisor. We are so glad you had a wonderful time, and a great experience.

We look forward to sharing your comments with our team, and the next opportunity your travels lead you back to our hotel.

Ocean City, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

I enjoyed my experience here and definitely will stay. I usually come into town once a month and from now on this is where I will stay. Great Service and nice spacious suites, wonderfurl breakfast and loved the premium package. Lots of goodies involved with that. Nice pool and nice location away from all the noise of greensboro.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
JRubio80736, Assistant General Manager and Food & Beverage Director at Embassy Suites Greensboro - Airport, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
Dear Horatio,

Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to be a stop on your travels, and for taking a moment to share your experience on Trip Advisor. I am looking forward to sharing your feedback & comments with our team. As we continously work on maintaining an exceptional level of service, it's good to see our efforts return in a comment like yours.

When you return, please ask for me at the desk, for me to meet you & thank you for your business.

Assistant General Manager and Food & Beverage Director

Been to Embassy Suites Greensboro - Airport? Share your experiences!