You added Embassy Suites by Hilton Greensboro - Airport to your Saves list
Ranked #19 of 75 Hotels in Greensboro
Ocean City, Maryland
“Great Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

I enjoyed my experience here and definitely will stay. I usually come into town once a month and from now on this is where I will stay. Great Service and nice spacious suites, wonderfurl breakfast and loved the premium package. Lots of goodies involved with that. Nice pool and nice location away from all the noise of greensboro.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
JRubio80736, Assistant General Manager and Food & Beverage Director at Embassy Suites by Hilton Greensboro - Airport, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
Dear Horatio,

Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to be a stop on your travels, and for taking a moment to share your experience on Trip Advisor. I am looking forward to sharing your feedback & comments with our team. As we continously work on maintaining an exceptional level of service, it's good to see our efforts return in a comment like yours.

When you return, please ask for me at the desk, for me to meet you & thank you for your business.

Assistant General Manager and Food & Beverage Director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Cameron, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

All guest were basically snow bound and much of the staff were unable to make it in. The staff that were there had do do everything. I saw managers and ladies in high heels/dress suits waiting tables. It was a situation no one wanted, but the staff rose to the occasion. Service was slower than normal or non-existant (maid service) due to the staff shortage, but I can not give enough accolades to the staff that was there. They made what could have been a difficult experience into a pleasant one, all the while smiling and courteous as they jumped in and got the job done. I have stayed at this ES many times and plan to many more. Greensboro Embassy Suites is the Best!

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

JRubio80736, Assistant General Manager and Food & Beverage Director at Embassy Suites by Hilton Greensboro - Airport, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Dear Clayton,

Thank you very much for making us a stop on your travels, and for taking a moment to share your experience on Trip Advisor. We greatly appreciate your understanding of the situation. I was the bartender on the first evening, due to staff not able to make it, and it made it so much easier & enjoyable that everyone was so understanding.

I look forward to sharing your awesome words with our team, and look forward to the next opportunity your travels lead you back to our property.

Knoxville, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

My visit to the Embassy Suite Hotel during my business trip was very pleasant. There was a severe snow storm and even though the facility was short staffed, they were very professional, courtious and always had a smile on their face. Will stay again if the need arises.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

JRubio80736, Assistant General Manager and Food & Beverage Director at Embassy Suites by Hilton Greensboro - Airport, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Dear Elizabeth,

Thank you for making us a stop on your travels, and for taking a moment to share your experience on Trip Advisor. Thank you so much for your understanding of the situation, and for the kind words. I look forward to reviewing & sharing with our team.

We look forward to the next opportunity your travels lead you back to our hotel.

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

Fabulous Stay! Stayed on business trip and now I wont stay anywhere else when I visit again! Corporate price was fantastic. The hotel is beautiful, the staff is very welcoming and helpful! Highly recommend!

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

JRubio80736, Assistant General Manager and Food & Beverage Director at Embassy Suites by Hilton Greensboro - Airport, responded to this review, February 13, 2014
Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Thank you for making us a stop on your travels, and for taking a moment to share your wonderful comments. I look forward to sharing them with our team, and to the next opportunity your travels lead you back to our hotel.

Clayton, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

I stay at the Embassy Suites in Greensboro NC 3 times a year for business meetings. From check in to check out this hotel offers the best experience of any hotel I have been in in the State, maybe the Country. The Staff is amazing and go above and beyond to make sure you have everything you need to be as comfortable and as accommodated as possible. From the free breakfast, to the managers reception to the excellent food in the restaurant, everything you need is right here in the hotel. The meeting rooms are always set up exactly to our specifications, without fail. And the food that is prepared for our banquets is excellent. The servers are prompt, polite and you wait for nothing. I highly recommend Embassy Suites in Greensboro whether you are going for an individual business trip or holding a large business meeting. You will not be disappointed.

Dear Sandra,

Thank you for making us a stop on your travels, and for taking a moment to share your experiences with us.

I look forward to sharing your comments with our team. They will feel proud of your references to the state, maybe the country. I also look forward to sharing your comments with our Culinary, Service, and Banquet teams about your F&B experience.

Winston Salem, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

I had a good time this past week at the Embassy Suites, but I can't get over how dated this hotel is starting to feel. It was clearly not designed for modern travelers.

The biggest inconvenience for me was the lack of outlets in the living area. It is a real problem at this hotel if you have a device with a cord that's four feet long or less and you'd like to sit on the sofa. Every single outlet was way too far away for my power cord to reach. Fortunately, there was an outlet in the base of the desk lamp, so I compromise and dragged the lamp into the middle of the floor, which gave me an outlet I could use. It was a very awkward solution to the outlet problem.

The guest rooms feature newer-looking TVs but the picture was very grainy in the living room. I attempted to hook up my Kindle Fire to the TV with my HDMI cable, but I then could not find an input button on the remote and the input button on the TV did not work. I called the front desk and they informed me that the feature to hook up a device to a TV via an HDMI cable had been disabled. I'm a little confused as to why they bothered to upgrade the TVs in the first place. They might as well have old boxy TVs if the guests aren't allowed to utilize any of the TVs' features.

Oh, and this hotel still charges $9.95/day for internet. The vast majority of the hotels I stay in offer complimentary wireless, so finding a hotel that charges is always an unpleasant surprise. I was not impressed.

I enjoyed most other aspects of my stay, with the exception of the dated green carpet that was buckling in several places in the room. The beds were very comfortable, and I think I would have gotten excellent sleep if we did not have a room on the first floor right next to the interstate. I am a light sleeper, and the noise was pretty excessive. If you have to stay on the side of the building with the interstate, I recommend requesting a high floor. Don't stay on the ground level, period. If we were in the living room area we also caught a ton of noise from the business meetings, which frequently happened right in the middle of the hotel where the noise travels easily, but fortunately retreating to the bedroom and closing the door to the living room helped to minimize the noise from the lobby area.

I cannot complain about the food. The complimentary breakfast had great selection - there were hot buffet items like bacon, eggs, grits, biscuits, gravy, and potatoes; a small kitchen that made items like omelets to order; and another section that had cereal, yogurt, doughnuts, toast, oatmeal, fruit, English muffins, bagels, etc. There were also a wide variety of beverages available. The second night we were there we managed to catch the free evening cocktail and snacks, which were also pretty good. They definitely believe in feeding their guests.

I only stayed at this property because I used the name your price tool on Priceline and this is what was booked for me at the rate I requested. I really think the hotel was a steal at the rate I paid, but I would not stay here again even with the insane deal I got because of the lack of conveniences like being able to hook up devices to my TV and the lack of outlets, and I think this hotel is definitely not worth their advertised rate. If the technological fumbles I encountered are not something that bothers you, this hotel may be a good choice. I imagine it really is a fantastic hotel for business as well, but I was there with my significant other and I don't feel like this was the best place for a couple to enjoy romantic evenings together.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor away from the interstate. I stayed on the ground floor on the interstate side a...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Calivianya,

Thank you for making us a stop on your travels, and for taking a moment to share your experience with us. We really appreciate your thorough comments.

We are continously updating our product, services, and technology. Since your stay, we have upgraded and strengthened our bandwidth, and teleconferencing capabilities.
We also have ballroom upgrading in the near future. As we prepare for room updates, and upgrades, we will most definitely keep this feedback in thought & share it with our renovation teams.

Thank you for your comments on the hdmi & connections to the TV's, as we will review this with our Service Provider for the television programing. Thank you for your comments about internet, as we know the Full Service Hilton, & comperable competitors, continue to evaluate this topic.

Thank you for your comments about the rooms, we appreciate your notes about confort, and are addressing the carpet buckling, until we can replace the carpet.

I look forward to sharing your food comments with our Chef & his culinary team.

We look forward to the next time your travels lead us back to our hotel.

Highland Village, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

I was greeted professional and only had to wait one other person ahead of me to check-in. I asked for a name of a pace to eat and was give nice list with directions. I was in and out quickly. Arriving at hotel at 6 PM an out at 5 AM to catch a plane.

Beverly,

Thank you for making us a stop on your travels, and for taking a moment to share your experience.

I look forward to sharing your comments with our front office team & look forward to the next opportunity your travels lead you back to our hotel.