“Typical Embassy Suites” 4 of 5 stars

Embassy Suites Greensboro - Airport
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   204 Centreport Drive, Greensboro, NC 27409   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
20% Off Advance Purchase!
Ranked #15 of 75 Hotels in Greensboro
Wiley Ford, West Virginia
“Typical Embassy Suites”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2011

Typical Embassy Suites. Just starting to show its age. The room was clean, The front desk was great. Asked for a late checkout and couldn't get an answer until the next morning, but then was allowed to stay until 4:00 p.m. which was great as I had a late evening flight and nowhere to go. The room, like the lobby normally is, was so cold I could hardly stand it. I turned the thermostat up to 78 degrees and the HVAC continued to blow cold air. I left early and sat at the airport just to get warm. Other than that, I would give them one more chance.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
maydaybabe
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2011

My room was guaranteed and I was to be charged if I didn't cancel by the deadline. Something came up that I had to be up all night, and I did not arrive until 8:30 in the morning. Upon checking in, and in desperate need of sleep, I was told that I was a no show and my room was sold. Had I not protested, I would have been charged, denied Honors points, and still been without a room.
I'm still trying to figure out what the new definition is of a guaranteed room, and how a no show figures in when the room is paid!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2011

My son had a soccer tourney down here and all the parents drove down and were booked at this hotel for 3 nights. Our room was on the first floor of this 7 floor hotel, which would get a little noisy at breakfast but we would be up anyway for his games. We had a complimentary breakfast every morning, and I'm not talking about your average hotel breakfast, they provided made to order omlettes one morning, fresh made pancakes, eggs along with your usual other breakfast items, 2 free drinks during happy our with munchies from 5-7pm. The restauraunt was also very good and reasonably priced. Our room had a seperate living area with a desk, chair and pullout couch, 2 flat screens. All in all a great and very clean and reasonably priced hotel out of the hustle and bustle of the city and close to all interstates/highways, restaurants, shopping. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Wilmington, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2011

Four things happened that added up to me not wanting to return to this hotel:
1) No extra blankets for the pullout couch. They knew two adult males were sharing a room for a business trip and failed to give us a two bed room, or leave blankets for the pullout. Usually I wouldn't think twice about that, but that was only the beginning.
2) I had a drink at the bar before leaving for dinner one night, and realized I left my card at the hotel when I got to the restaurant and didn't have it. The next day I went to the front desk and let them know that I had left it at the bar (which was closed since this took place in the morning), the person at the front desk told me that no card was left at the bar the previous night. I assured them that it was, so they called the restaurant manager who also said that no card had been left. Again, I assured the person at the front desk that it had been and he told me that it hadn't but that I was free to go across the hotel and discuss with the restaurant manager. When I walked over to him, he told me that one hadn't been left, after pushing further we went behind the bar to check together and one wasn't there. At this point he really didn't believe me but I kept pushing so he called the bartender from the night before, who said that one had been left and it was with accounting. It then took 20 minutes for them to go get the card. 45 min to retrieve a card is a little ridiculous especially after multiple people straight up tell you you're wrong.
3) After returning home I find that I don't have my electric razor, reluctantly I call the front desk, they tell me I'll have to call back when someone from housekeeping is in and speak with them. I do this the next day, have my call forwarded from the desk to housekeeping and leave a message telling them my room #, what I left, my phone #, and requesting a return phone call. A couple days later after no return call I call back, get transferred to housekeeping and no one answers, this time I don't leave a message. A couple more days go by with no call, and I call the front desk again and get transferred to housekeeping and leave another message. Again a couple days go by with no call back so I call the front desk again, get transferred to housekeeping (no answer), hang up, call back and leave a message with the person at the front desk letting them know what's going on and ask that they check with housekeeping and return my call regardless of whether or not they have the razor. No one ever called back.
4) I send all of this in as a customer complaint on their website. I get a response from someone in TX saying they're sorry about what happened and that they'll get to the bottom of it; no offer to make this up to me in any way. Over a week has gone by and I've had no response from the person getting to the bottom of it. I guess I'm out a $200 razor.

This hotel clearly didn't care about customer service.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Greenville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2011

Wonderful experience. Hotel is convienient to major highways. very nice location, tucked back away from the hustle & bustle. Traveled on a holiday weekend and was GLAD to see how family & kid friendly the hotel is. My check in person, Mike Leggio, was courteous, knowledgeable and QUICK...... I was in my room 10-15 minutes after I arrived.The resturant was busy and the food was good but when I ordered my dish there was a little mix-up in the kitchen. My server, Quintero Coles, handled it quickly and professionally. Even tne resturant manager, Jason Peters AND the assistant GM, Josh Rubio, came by to make sure everything was OK. During the height of the rush the bartender,Mike V., came over and took kitchen orders.....real teamwork......I will reccommend this spot to ALL my friends and assiociates.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2011

This is a very nice Embassy property that has all the nice 'perks' that Embassy offers. Nice room size, and nice rooms overall. Their fitness center was recently remodeled, and has some nice machines to use. They have a restaurant and a bar (where you can order a meal), which are nice perks on top of the Manager's Reception and breakfast. But I was most impressed with the professionalism and service of the staff. My bag was stuck in a plane in Charlotte due to ice and airport closure. The staff was very helpful in providing me personal items for my overnight stay, while I waited for my bag. They were also very helpful in providing directions on where to go for additional clothes. I've stayed at this property several times and will continue to return as they do a nice job maintaining the property.

Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Thomasville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2010

This was the first time I had stayed at an Embassy Suites Hotel. Our company has their Christmas party at this hotel every year and this year we decided to get a room and stay overnight. The staff was very courteous and friendly. The room was clean and very comfortable. I read the review about the noise from the interstate. We didn't hear any noise from the highway. I have a feeling that maybe this person is super sensitive to noise. If anything you may hear an occasional plane as the airport is close by but this to me is a plus if you have a plane to catch.

The cooked to order breakfast was delicious and there were plenty of options to choose from. I was impressed by the number of staff that greeted us and asked if they could get us anything. I went up to the omelet bar just to get the hot syrup for my french toast sticks and the chef spoke to me, asked me how I was doing this morning and told me to have a great day (genuinely).

We are planning to reserve a room for New Year's Eve since we had such a good experience with the Greensboro location. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone. My appreciation to the staff for their dedication to guest comfort. I hope these employees are recognized by management for their efforts and great service.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Embassy Suites Greensboro - Airport? Share your experiences!