“There are better Mexican restaurants in town” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #474 of 723 Restaurants in Greensboro
Cuisines: Mexican
Greensboro, North Carolina
“There are better Mexican restaurants in town”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2012

Dining here for the first time, Poblano's did not start with a good first impression, serving stale chips as an appetizer. The meat in our dishes was too salty and was overcooked, though it did still have a good flavor. We prefer Don Juan's for Mexican cuisine.

• Visited February 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Winston Salem, North Carolina
“Favorite mexican food in Greensboro”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2011

I visited the Poblanos on Battleground in my quest to find a "favorite" mexican restaurant in town (I am new to the area). I do not feel that I need to look further. The restaurant was clean and had bright, lively decor. The waitress was efficient and friendly. The salsa was fresh and the chips were hot. We had a coupon for a free dip and ordered the "Poblano's Dip." It was delicious and my favorite part of the meal! I ordered the chicken fajitas. At $11.95, they would have easily been an entree to share. I had so much left over food! They run different specials on many days of the week, so I suggest checking their website or calling ahead before you dine.

• Visited November 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
High Point, North Carolina
“Not as good as it once was”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2011

Poblano's relocated a few years ago to the Venice restaurant on Elm St. When it was located in the old location it was great. They had the best soft tacos. Just awesome. Since moving to the new location they don't seem to be as good. Still pretty good though. Also, I have noticed that the new location isn't as clean as it could be.

• Visited August 2010
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Greensboro, NC
“Good place for vegeterian dishes”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2009

My wife and I like to get vegeterian burritos and quesadillas. We feel that the Poblano's variety are very strong. We've not tried many other dishes, but can heartily recommend the items I've mentioned above.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere