“the best mexican I've had in NC - and nice owners and staff” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #175 of 723 Restaurants in Greensboro
Cuisines: Mexican, Central American
Saint Augustine, Florida
“the best mexican I've had in NC - and nice owners and staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2010

too bad one reviewer did not give the food a chance - there are sometimes folks waiting for take out and they do watch the soccer games but I've eaten there about 20 times and enjoyed it more each time. when it is cold have the chicken soup and 2 tacos -will warm you right up and make you smile - or go to $1 taco night and fill up with a beer for about $10 -per couple - I often tip more then the cost of my meal

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

High Point, NC
“Best Mexican In The Triad”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2010

I don't have too much to add to what others have said, other than to echo how awesome this place is. The chile rellenos are amazing, and if you're in the mood to share a dish with somebody, be sure to try the molcahete. Absolutely delicious.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Greensboro
“Disappointed by the weird vibe”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2008

My wife and I were excited to check this place out after reading the other reviews. However, I'm not sure if the food is any good because we left before getting our meal. The atmosphere felt all wrong! While the menu and food looked appealing, several things turned us off. First, when we walked in, there were a few patrons, but only 1 table appeared to be eating anything. The rest were just hanging out, and occasionally staring. Second, the TV was blaring. Third, someone who seemed like a manager began a loud phone conversation at the next table. We weren't expecting fine dining, but all of this encouraged us to walk out shortly after sitting down.

Durham, NC
“Muy Bien!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2008

Taqueria El Azteca has great food, especially for what they charge! My husband and I have been to numerous Mexican restaurants in the United States, be it California, Arizona or Texas. This family owned restaurant is right up there with the best in those border sates. Obviously, it is the best Mexican restaurant in Greensboro. Everything my family ate was fresh and delicious, especially the Mexican Tacos. The tacos are handmade, and the ingredients are very fresh, including the wonderful Cilantro. We highly recommend making Taqueria El Azteca one of your top choices before eating at the higher priced establishments. Who can complain about that in these tough economic times?

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Sabroso!!! THe most authentic Mexican food around”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2008