“Best variety of burgers” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #164 of 775 Restaurants in Greensboro
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Best variety of burgers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

Love the little dinner atmosphere, always hopping. They have a great variety of burgers and they are delicious. I always went for lunch (and got burgers) so I don't know about the other items, but I highly recommend it for burgers. It can get pretty noisy though, so don't plan on having a lot of in depth conversations over your meal (at lunch time).

Visited February 2012

“Suprised by the menu”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2012

My family and I dined at Fincastles last week. We thought we were in for a dinner of burgers and fries (the usual offerings they have). We were pleasantly surprised when we took a look at their new menus. Fincastles was offering a special Mardi Gras menu, we had no idea they did this, but was informed by our server that they have done this the past 5 years. My wife and I shared a couple of entrees one was oysters en brochette and the other dueling egg rolls. The oyster en brochette consisted of two skewers of oysters and bacon flash fried and served with a menuire (sp) sauce and toast points. They were delicious. The egg rolls consisted of 1 egg roll with duck and the other with crawfish. The presentation was outstanding and the sauce, a ginger pepper reduction studded with mango and raspberry purees provided a nice counter to the savory egg rolls. My kids stuck with the usual hamburgers and fries. I had the chicken and andouille (sp) gumbo. The roux was dark and I can honestly say that it was the best gumbo I have outside of Louisiana. My Wife had the crawfish po'boy and it did not disappoint. Finally we all split a slice of white chocolate pecan bread pudding. What a way to end the meal. Thanks Fincastles for such a nice suprise. I hope they will offer this menu more times during the year.

Visited February 2012
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Food Is Ordinary, Service Is Just Bad”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2011

Wurst hot dog in town, pun intended, and pricey at $2.19. I've tried this place several times, and am generally unimpressed. Now admittedly, the burgers are generally pretty good, especially the Fincastle Burger which has Fincastle Sauce on it - based on Boar and Castle Sauce.

The service here is my main complaint. It is inconsistent and generally unfocused. I've found that it takes longer than it should to even be waited on, then it takes longer than it should to get your order. I keep trying the place because a lot of folks seem to like it, but last week was it for me. After 15 minutes of not even being acknowledged at the counter, much less being waited on, I left. Went to Fishers and got a great burger.

• Visited December 2011
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Burgers Just Like Mom Used to Make”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2011

My husband works near Fincastle's and goes at least once a week. I finally had a chance to meet him for lunch. He always raves about the food. The place definitely lives up to its reputation!

I ordered the Magnolia Burger. When it arrived I noticed that the taste of the hamburger meat was quite similar to the taste of my mother's hamburgers. Do they use "olio" to fry the burgers? That's how Mom used to cook hers. Great memories!

The combination of ingredients on the burger was unique and delicious. The burger is generously sized. I didn't think I'd be able to finish it, let alone the fries, but I managed. I'm looking forward to returning and trying other burgers.

• Visited December 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“A+ burgers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2011 via mobile

Best pimento cheese burger ever. Love it when the waiter sings too! Fun place.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere