“Greek Jewel!” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #13 of 785 Restaurants in Greensboro
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Reservations
Newnan, Georgia
“Greek Jewel!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2012

This unassuming grill in a strip mall area was a great find. We visited on a weeknight around 6:00 and the place was packed with locals. They serve authenic Greek food at resonable prices...excellent spankopita and svoulaki with Greek beers and wines by the glass. This is a very casual grill and the welcoming staff makes you feel as if you are part of the family. Would definitely return!

• Visited March 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Greensboro, North Carolina, United States
“I have seriously spent over $1000 here over the past 4 years!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2012

Mythos, formally known as Mythonos, is such a great casual restaurant. Our offices are right behind Mythos and I usually try to make a weekly visit. The gyro meat is thick cut and browned on the flat top giving it a great texture. The chicken is wonderfully seasoned and cooked to perfection. I always get 2 chicken skewers, half fries/ salad, wheat pita, with an extra tzatziki; it is really so good. Mythos is a very casual environment with great, helpful staff. Go there today! The only thing that I hate about Mythos is... it's closed on Sundays. HA

• Visited February 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Greensboro, NC
“Fresh and flavorful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2012

I have eaten at both this location and the one on Battleground Ave. several times, always with the same results. The food is delicious, freshly prepared, and served promptly. The restaurants get very busy during peak lunch and dinner hours, and you may have to wait for a table, but the turnover is pretty quick. At lunch you order at the counter; there's table service at night. Setting is very casual. Servers are very attentive; even at lunch they roam the dining room refilling your drink or taking your tray when you're finished. My favorites are the pork souvlaki plate with pita and salad (love their slightly sweet dressing) and the vegetarian plate with spanakopita, stuffed grape leaves, hummus, salad, and pita. Gyros are very good, too. I've never been disappointed at either location and highly recommend them both.

• Visited January 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Great greek food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2011

I visited the location on battleground and must say I was very pleased. I heard of the restaurant from a friend and decided to try it out. The staff was very friendly and my waitress Tara was excellent. She was very attentive and took very good care of us. The food was wonderful and came out quickly, even though they were fairly busy. Enjoyed the experience and I will be going back very soon.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Austin, Texas
“We went on a trip advisor suggestion, so thought we'd comment”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2011

Mythos Greek restaurant was one of the places that we found on Trip Advisor so we thought we'd add to it. It's a great little restaurant! Very friendly staff...we had a very pleasant experience. If you're in the area looking for good, cheap eats, this is one place to go.

• Visited December 2011