“My wife's favorite restaurant in town” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 723 Restaurants in Greensboro
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Doing business, Special occasions, Romantic, Entertaining clients, Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Greensboro, North Carolina
“My wife's favorite restaurant in town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

The menu here has numerous choices, but all are very good. My wife goes here frequently with friends for birthday's etc. My favorite thing about the menu is their flexibility. Frequently, my wife has ordered one entrée prepared in the style intended for another entrée on the menu, including sides.

The food has always been good and we would recommend. It is expensive, but the portions are good for fine food.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Chelmsford, MA
“Amazing food with fantastic service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014 via mobile

The staff at the 1618 businesses are top notch. I drank/ate at both restaurants and attended a catered event. The attention and professionalism of the entire staff was impressive. Excellent food in a wonderful atmosphere.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Our Favorite Restauarant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

Absolutely love 1618! We live in Greensboro and this is always our first choice for dining out. Had brunch there this morning and it was fantastic! Their fish dishes are the best I have ever had. Great wine list, friendly staff, amazing food...what more could you want?

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Greensboro, North Carolina
“The top of our list again”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

My spouse and I used to eat here years ago but for some reason we have been eating at other local restaurants. We just sort of forgot about it. Well, we are glad we decided to return! We had a reservation and were seated promptly. Water was delivered immediately plus an inquiry was made if we wanted drinks. We decided to really look at the menu before making our drink order. After sufficient time, our waiter returned and answered my questions. We started with the Albarino from Spain. It is my favorite wine and offered by the glass.............wonderful! For starters, we had the scallop appetizer with mushroom and duck confit. The scallops were cooked perfectly with a nice sear to the outside. I had the Chilean sea bass and my spouse had the grouper. Both were wonderful. The fish is fresh and perfectly cooked. We finished with the key lime pie and coffee. The creative dishes plus the presentation are upscale without being pretentious.
It can get a little loud at times here, but it all depends on the people dining there. We usually don't pay much attention to what is going on around us and enjoy the moment. Service was good..........attentive, without being overbearing and professional. I think we have found our way back and plan on returning often now.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Bakersfield, California
“When within 300 miles of Greensboro, make time for a meal here”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2013

The people of the south are friendly and aim to please. My wife and I eat at restaurants at least 300 times per year, both domestically and abroad. The service and food at "1618 Seafood" in Greensboro, NC is in our top 5 percentile. Putting ingenuity and execution together regarding restaurant prepared seafood is a pretty scary concept, but 1618 pulled it off without a glitch. The dishes were tasty, beautiful, innovative, and the staff friendly. It is hard to make Halibut exciting, but they did. The staff were attentive but not hovering. It was a busy Saturday night during Christmas shopping season and the place was packed, yet the food came out quickly, but not making us feel rushed. The wine list broadly included several moderately priced reds and whites from all producing regions or continents. We would fly from Altanta just to eat here. Don't forget to try the eggnog creme brulee!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere