“Good, but not the best Vietnamese food in Greensboro” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #14 of 770 restaurants in Greensboro
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Greensboro NC
“Good, but not the best Vietnamese food in Greensboro”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

I have been here several times and like this restaurant. They do a nice job with most things, and the facility was renovated a while back so it is more attractive than it used to be. However, it does not have the best Vietnamese food in Greensboro, or even the best pho, for that matter. That designation is reserved for Vietnamese Garden, a well-run chef-owned restaurant on Battleground Avenue, where the pho is better, the spring rolls (dreamy) are better and the flavor and quality of the ingredients (e.g., lemongrass chicken) are clearly better. Prices are similar, especially for lunch specials; for dinner, VG can be slightly more expensive on some items since it has a wider range of offerings, but it is worth it. If you like this place, try VG.

• Visited September 2013

93% Recommend
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Pho Hien Voung taught me to eat Pho”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

My first experience with Pho was at Pho Hien Voung. Since then I have become addicted and search for fun Pho Restaurants where ever I travel. The Pho here is what I now judge all other Pho's by... some better and some cannot compete. The restaurant has surged in popularity and there can now be a wait time to be seated. I might suggest that they are a bit understaffed both in table wait staff and in the kitchen as I waited about 10 minutes after being seated before anyone took my drink order. I am not complaining (maybe a little) but it is worth the wait. Delicious food with a delightful staff make this restaurant worth any wait.

• Visited September 2013
Sammamish, Washington
“pretty authentic”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

Arrived on a Sunday, at around 1pm. The place was pretty packed. We are used to eating pho, so wanted to try it there. It wasn't clear from the menu that you could order different sizes, but learned that you could make it larger or smaller, by adding or subtracting $1. We also orderd fried spring rolls. At $1.50 each roll, it seemed kind of expensive. Also it didn't come with any lettuce. We had to ask for lettuce, and there was an unknown charge on our final bill, probably for the lettuce...

As for the pho, it was alright, but not best. For middle of NC, I didn't expect much, and it wasn't bad. The beef slices were thicker and tougher than normal.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
High Point, North Carolina
“First time eating Vietnamese”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

I went here with my brother-in-law and his wife, who is Korean (we are white). I had never eaten Vietnamese food before, but I'm definitely willing to try anything, so we went because she really likes it. It looks a little sketch on the outside but inside it is actually pretty nice. The service was good and there were not many people there (it was Friday around 3pm) so we were seated quickly.

I ordered vermicelli with pork, shrimp and a spring roll. We also had fresh rolls as an appetizer with an AMAZING peanut sauce. My food was really good. There was a pepper sauce that I poured over the pasta and the pork was well seasoned. My brother-in-law had curry and seemed to like it and his wife had the beef pho and she loved it. She even said she wanted to come back here every time she visits Greensboro. To me the shrimp was not amazing but the rest of the meal was really good. I especially liked the sauces.

This restaurant also serves Thai food so you have a choice when you go there. Overall, very nice experience and I will likely return.

Beaumont, Texas
“Great Pho, Worth a Visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

TripAdvisor did it again. Tying to figure out what to do for dinner on my first night in town, I stumbled onto this little place. I got there a little early and was seated immediately. It took about ten minutes for someone to come take my order, but after that everything was very prompt. My fried spring rolls came out within minutes (and we're delicious) and the Pho followed not one after.

Overall, evening was great. It was very reasonably priced, though you don't get refills on your drinks. The food was excellent and, despite the bad start, the service was great. Overall, I was very happy with my visit.

(Side note: the music in the restaurant just about drive me crazy. I got sat directly under a speaker and contemplated stuffing napkins in my ears.)

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere