“$4.00 sharing fee” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Delivery
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Wendover Ave and Stanley Rd.
Greensboro, NC
“$4.00 sharing fee”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

My husband and I went here because of a restaurant.com coupon. We weren't particularly impressed with the food and probably wouldn't have returned anyway, but one thing helped to decide that. We love to eat out, but like so many people these days, we are watching our calories and our cash. We like to split an entree, sometimes with an appetizer rather than get two entrees. We weren't pleased to discover that at Villa Rosa there would be a $4.00 charge to share an entree. As our very nice waiter, Curtis explained to us, this extra fee would provide both of us with a salad and a larger serving of our chosen entree. This might be great for some people, but not us since I rarely eat salads at restaurants (too much iceberg lettuce) and we wanted less food, not more. Sure enough, my large salad wasn't eaten and there was enough of the entree left to take home for another meal. This might be great for some people, but wasn't what we wanted so we'll go elsewhere to find more impressive food and no sharing fees.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Pretty good place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

I went here with my mom and brother and it was good (and close to the house) but my only complaint was the calamari. It was a bit tougher than I expected, but the garlic bread was quite tasty and the capellini was cooked perfectly. They have large portions for the price, so I wasn't disappointed.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Florissant, Missouri
“Great lunch values!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

I had the lasagna lunch special at this restaurant today. Huge plate of food and unlimited homemade breadsticks for less than $6 with tax! The ambiance is nice and quiet, with a water fountain and Frank Sinatra music playing on the speakers. The lunch buffet is less than $8, and it looked to be appetizing and had plenty of food options available. There was only one other patron in the restaurant when I left around 11:30, and I felt bad they didn't have more guests dining with them. I'm a frequent business traveler to the Greensboro area and like to visit this place once in a while for a nice, filling Italian lunch at a reasonable cost.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Woodstock, GA
“SUCH A WASTE OF HARD-EARNED CASH....”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

We stayed at the Springhill Suites and upon their in-room recommendation, we got carryout from this restaurant. For 3 of us it cost $44. That I will never get back:-( So very sad to report that 2 out of the 3 meals were not edible. Husband liked the lasagna, but our other two meals of chicken parmesan and ravioli were awful. The cheese was like rubber, and the sauce for the ravioli was pretty much tasteless. Would definitely not recommend this place.

Visited February 2013
Wilmington, North Carolina, United States
“60+ Hockey Weekend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

We were in Greensboro this past weekend for over 60 hockey games. We went to the Villa Rosa after our first game at the Greensboro Ice House for a post game meal and watch the 'Canes game in the bar. Great meal, great company. I always look forward to the Villa Rosa when I am in Greensboro.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere