“Food was awful; collards contained ham hock bone. Gross! Management didn't care.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Lucky 32 Southern Kitchen

Lucky 32 Southern Kitchen
1421 Westover Ter, Greensboro, NC 27408
+1 336-370-0707
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Lucky 32 Southern Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 785 Restaurants in Greensboro
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American, Vegetarian
Good for: Entertaining clients, Doing business, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Green Valley Road
Description: Discover American Southern Cuisine at our Greensboro restuarant, served in an upscale but casual environment. We use the highest quality ingredients (including a lot of local food) to create our interpretation of classic Southern dishes. Please join us for lunch or dinner, seven days a week, for the highest quality food and drink with friendly, attentive service. Weekend brunch. We are near UNC-Greensboro, Friendly Shopping Center, Women's Hospital and Green Valley office park. We promise you’ll be happy!
Greensboro, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2010

There I was, at Lucky 32, all set for a nice, nouveau-Southern lunch. I love Cobb salads, so I decided to try the Cobb. When the dish came, it looked like the ingredients had fallen on the floor and someone had scooped them up and put them on the plate. It tasted terrble, as if the turkey were bad; I sent it back and ordered the catfish. The catfish came to the table looking wonderful. However, the thicker part was undercooked and rubbery. What a disappointment. But the worst was yet to come. There, hidden under the collards, was an entire ham hock. Glad I saw it before I chomped down on it. The chef had just been talking to the man at the table in front of me, telling him how business was good in spite of the economy. So I asked the waitress to call him over, whereupon I showed him the ham hock in the collards. He looked at me like, who do you think YOU are, and said he "knew" how it got in there. No surprise, no apology, no big deal. To him ,anyway. No reparation was offered for this horrible meal. I even paid for it! Never again! Get a clue, Lucky 32.

tennessee
“just okay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2010

Lack luster service, decor a little odd, and food was just okay

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
north carolina
“Great atmosphere and seasonal menu”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2010

This is one of the best places to take a date in Greensboro. I love the atmosphere, the lighting lends itself to a nice night out with a date, and the food is good with many healthy options. The bar is also very nice, and I love getting a bar table with a date later at night during the week. You don't feel rushed, there aren't that many people around, and you can just chill and enjoy each other's company in a nice upscale atmosphere.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
North Carolina
“Not that impressed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2010

After many years of hearing about the hype my wife and I went. Food was not bad, not great either. A little too stuck up for what they offered. The amount of food for the price was a little to steep for our taste.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Virginia
“Excellent food and service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2010

The food was great, and the restaurant is very well maintained. We were pleasantly surprised with the prices... you get good quality food for very reasonable prices. The service was also excellent. We will defintely return there on our next trip to Greensboro.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere