“Good value, average food” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Lucky 32 Southern Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 775 Restaurants in Greensboro
Cuisines: American, Vegetarian
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Green Valley Road
Description: Discover American Southern Cuisine at our Greensboro restuarant, served in an upscale but casual environment. We use the highest quality ingredients (including a lot of local food) to create our interpretation of classic Southern dishes. Please join us for lunch or dinner, seven days a week, for the highest quality food and drink with friendly, attentive service. Weekend brunch. We are near UNC-Greensboro, Friendly Shopping Center, Women's Hospital and Green Valley office park. We promise you’ll be happy!
North Carolina
“Good value, average food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

The menu at Lucky 32 is definitely slanted toward the deep South, with large servings, grits with everything, and the like. Service is good, but the food quality is just average for the most part. We still enjoy eating there occasionally, but there are many better choices for top quality eating.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Quaintance W, General Manager at Lucky 32 Southern Kitchen, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
Thank you so much for your review. I appreciate your honesty regarding the food. I would love to discuss this with your further. Please contact me at kwalker@qwrh.com. I look forward to hearing from you.

Virginia Beach, Virginia
“UPSCALE SOUTHERN CUISINE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

Seasonal menu. Unusual, but delicious modern Southern food. I've never had anything bad here. The prices are moderate. Service is very good. Sometimes this place gets really busy, but usually you don't have to wait long.

Visited July 2012
What a lovely review you posted! i am thrilled that you enjoy our restaurant like you do. I hope you will dine with us again soon.
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Good, not great”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

It had been a while since I ate here, and since the last time I was here it was just ok, I was eager to give it another try. Well, again, it was ok, but not memorable. I ordered a ribeye, which was cooked properly, but very, very fatty. I know ribeyes usually have more fat than other steaks, but this was noticably fattier (is that a word?). With the ribeye, I got mashed potatoes (a very small portion) and green beans (fresh--they were good!) However, an entree priced in the mid-twenties, I expected more. Service was adequate, but not terribly attentive. The restaurant was busy but there were several open tables, so I am assuming that our server wasn't stretched too thinly. So again, I am a little disappointed...but I am willing to try again.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Thank you so much for your honest feedback in your review. I am so sorry that we disappointed you with the quality and the value of the Ribeye. You are so kind to continue to give us another chance. I would love to speak further with you. Please contact me at kwalker@qwrh.com. Thank you again.
“Great creativity and service; poor execution”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

Lucky 32 has the potential for greatness, well thought out menu, attentive not overbearing service, but the actual food was not good~

We started with the pork belly slider app, stale bread, fatty pork belly (under braised in my opinion) and cold. I ordered from the seasonal menu, crab and corn chowder~sounds yummy right? Nope. Good crab flavor, but disgusting presentation. Chowder by definition is thick and creamy, this was more of a dirty dishwater color with a drizzle of sour cream or creme fraiche which hurt the look of this dish even more. The salad was fine. : / Our bill for 3 for lunch with 1 app between us was $53. I don't mind paying for remarkable food, but sadly the only remarks I will be making about Lucky 32 will be unfavorable.

Overall not somewhere I would go again.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Thank you so much for your honesty in your review. I hate how badly we disappointed you with the poor quality and flavor of the food. I would love to discuss this further with you. Please email me at kwalker@qwrh.com at your convenience.
“Fresh produce makes the difference”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

Everything is fresh and local at Lucky 32 and that makes a huge difference in quality and taste. The meal, drinks, and service were very good.

Visited September 2012
Thank you so much for your kind words. Our chef Jay Pierce has partnered with some great folks in the local area that grow many of the items we serve on our menu. We appreciate your business and hope that you will dine with us sometime soon!