“Total Relaxation” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Twin Lakes Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Greensboro
The Twin Lakes Lodge
You added The Twin Lakes Lodge to your Saves list
2700 Twin Lakes Drive, Greensboro, NC 27407   |
Ranked #2 of 8 Greensboro B&B and Inns
Winston-Salem,NC
“Total Relaxation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2007

I needed a quick get-a-way, so I decided to try The Twin Lakes Lodge in Greensboro since it was a short drive. Boy did I make a great choice! It was so nice to relax in the LARGE soaker tub and enjoy the view of the lake. And the gourmet breakfast was absolutely delicious. The innkeepers pay attention to the small details making your stay extra special. I strongly recommend this Bed and Breakfast to anyone that wants to enjoy a great get-a-way.

Stayed April 2007

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Bloomington, IN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2007

I'm a regular on TripAdvisor, and typically, I won't typically stay anywhere before checking here. So when my husband and I set out for a vacation recently knowing only that we wanted a quiet, peaceful, "waterfront" escape, we found ourselves in uncharted territory because everything was not "pre-planned." I had learned about The Twin Lakes Lodge after doing a web search for lakefront B&Bs, but I dismissed it because we knew nothing about Greensboro. Ultimately, we wound up going somewhere in Georgia, but after our 3-day stop in GA ended, we decided we weren't ready to go home and contacted the Twin Lakes Lodge in Greensboro, NC, afterall. Luckily, the Lakefront Suite was available for a 2-day stay since it was midweek (we wanted three). This B&B has four, luxury suites.

As we drove up the little, gravel drive next to the private lake, we were greeted by wild geese that seemed unmoved by our car's presence as they sat roadside and curiously watched us drive by. When we approached the house, it quickly became apparent that this B&B should have been our ONLY stop during this vacation. Though located in close proximity to a major shopping mall, several major restaurants and an interstate, it felt like we were in the middle of nowhere.

When we rang the office bell (which doubles as the innkeepers' home), we were given an enthusiastic greeting by the most warm and charming innkeeper I've ever met, Anita, and her two Labs, Meg and Chelsea (NOTE: guests are not permitted to bring pets, and the owner's animals aren't allowed in guest rooms). In an unmistakeable, southern drawl, Anita excitedly told us how much we would enjoy the area as her incredibly well-behaved dogs milled about. It was clear right away that the level of service at this inn would be far above the bar set by most B&B's. Even though my husband and I could easily manage, Anita *INSISTED* on helping us carry our bags up to our "Lakefront Suite." She took us around back, past a beautifully manicured lawn, and in through our own private entrance to an expansive suite that appeared much, much larger than it had in photos. My first words to her was that her photos don't do her rooms justice. And it was true.

We had an immense and beautifully dressed King-sized bed that was the centerpiece of the room. The breakfast table for two was quaint, but not too small. An armoire hid the television, audio systems, and drawers. There was also an electric fireplace in the room, as well as an air conditioning unit. There were two, separate bath areas separated by a small pantry area with a small fridge, coffee and tea supplies and cabinets. Off to the right was an immaculate traditional bath with a tub/shower combo and a closet with two fluffy, white bathrobes. Off to the left was the jacuzzi room with a tidy, large, two-person jacuzzi, several towels and another electric fireplace. Next to our bedroom, we had ready access to the communal snack room where there was a library of movies; snacks and drinks (on the honor system); a kitchen sink; a microwave, an ironing board, and a board with a listing of area events, times and prices. The crowning ammenity of this room is, of course, the view of the lake! We were lucky enough to have a room with one of the best views of the beautiful, serene lake complete with our own, private deck with lounge chairs and an outdoor dining table for two. It was so peaceful and relazing to listen to the birds, which included two owls nesting nearby (they came out mostly at night). We also watched the sunset from our deck.

During our stay, virtually no detail was left unturned. She had a prepared book of local eateries, complete with menus and a page of typed directions that she invited us to take with us, so that we wouldn't get lost! That evening after she'd left, my husband and I turned on the stereo only to find that she had already placed an easy listening CD for us. Everything was perfect.

Breakfast is included in the price and served in your room at 9am. She was kind enough to ask us if that time was convenient for us. She also made sure we had no special dietary requirements, which we did because my husband is diabetic. Each morning, she arrived with her tray and set the table for us, either in the room or the deck, whichever was preferred. After breakfast we just set the empty trays outside our room.

All-in-all, I would have to say that this was by far the most welcoming, romantic and relaxing getaway my husband and I have ever taken. The idea of "southern hospitality" is alive and well at The Twin Lakes Lodge. This is a perfect, perfect retreat for couples (or business people) seeking to get away from the hustle-and-bustle and unwind. We plan to return JUST TO STAY AT THIS B&B when we need to get away from everything and hide. It truly felt like our own little secret (that I am now sharing with the world). Thanks to Anita and Bobby for sharing their beautiful home with us!

• Liked — Beautiful view, serene surroundings and luxurious and thoughtful accommodations.
  • Disliked — Not enough time. Wish it were closer, so I could sneak away more frequently.
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to The Twin Lakes Lodge? Share your experiences!