“Not Like It Used To Be Years Ago” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Not Like It Used To Be Years Ago”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

I have to agree with Trisha of Mebane, this place is WAY over-rated. I really can't understand how some people think this place is good. It used to be in the past; but sure isn't now. Apparently they have changed chefs or owners, or something as Trisha said. Dine here at your own risk.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Mebane, North Carolina
“Huge build up. Culinary letdown.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

Arriving in the rain, we were greeted by a charming man with an umbrella to escort us to the restaurant. The ambience was wonderful I was with my new husband taking advantage of a gift certificate, and we found our waiter to be knowledgable and friendly. I was salivating at the menu choices. Then, it went downhill. Many items were not available. Since it was a Saturday, that was somewhat surprising. Then the veal saltimbocca arrived. (Caveat: I used to cook for an Italian restaurant, so know how this dish should be made) It was literally swimming in a watery soupy mess that had not been reduced, and had tomatoes in it. Tomatoes are not in the dish. It was rubbery, and inedible. I was so disappointed. They did not charge me for the dish. However, I had heard good things about the restaurant, and can only assume they have changed chefs. I hope they send this one to culinary school It was a build up to a very disappointing dining experience.

• 2 of 5 stars Food
Atlanta, Georgia
“Wasnt expecting this experience. At all.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

My Fiance took me here the last time we were visiting his mom from Georgia. He swore by this places food last time we were here so of course I went with the flow. Food was good but there were just a couple things that were off. Service was the main one which I was warned about by my future mother in-law. Seemed like everyone was stone faced and just trying to get through another day at the office. Well, 7 months later... Not this time. Our server was a very personable young man who stated he would not stear us wrong and get something he wouldn't approve of. From the wine to the apps all the way to the Chocolate cake he was on point. He made us feel as if we were the only table he had. Our waters were never low, bread was always full and we didn't touch our own wine bottle to pour ourselves because he was always there when needed. The only thing I found to complain about was the charge for my side salad and pasta with my Shrimp Parm. My Fiance got a free salad with his Flounder so that was a plus. But the expierience was worth it. After we left we were still talking about it. My Fiance words when we got in the car were "wow, that didn't feel like the same place" in a good way. We are here until the end of the week and after not really wanting to go we may have to stop by again before we go.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Greensboro
“Giovanni's”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Great place to eat, and dine...Romantic atmosphere available. Food is superb !! Cocktails and apetizers at the bar are worth the wait...Thursday night "WINE " 1/2 off is a must !! GREAT FOOD, GREAT DRINKS, GREAT PEOPLE, GREAT PRICES ", Who needs anything more..

Visited March 2014
Reisterstown, Maryland, United States
“Great Italian just on the ourskirts of Greensboro”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

This was our second trip to Giovanni's while in Greensboro for the ACC Tourney. We knew it had great food, but when Dickie V sat two tables away, we knew it must be the best Italian food around, Baby!

Ask for Meredith, very knowledgeable, friendly and professional waitress.

• 5 of 5 stars Food