“You get what you pay for” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Sun Suites of Greensboro

Save Saved
You added Sun Suites of Greensboro to your Saves list
Sun Suites of Greensboro
1.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1200 Lanada Rd., Greensboro, NC 27407 (Formerly Lodge America of Greensboro)   |
Ranked #54 of 75 Hotels in Greensboro
Red Springs, North Carolina
“You get what you pay for”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

Do not stay here. Room somewhat clean. Do bring your own sheets and pillows. Cheap mattress sets on metal frame, which tilted over while sitting on edge of bed. Furniture was worn, old, pasteboard, water/moisture rot. Room door showed obvious signs of entry with a crowbar or rod. That was rather troublesome. Stairway had slight urine smell. There are residence on sight that used profanity and unpleasant behaviors. The only good thing about this hotel is the location. Great location, which is what had me thinking this was a nice hotel. I beg to differ, not so. The next time I will fork out a few extra bucks and get a nicer place to stay.

Room Tip: Get a room where you can keep your eye on your car.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Sunsuites G, General Manager at Sun Suites of Greensboro, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your recent stay with us. I truly apologize your stay was unpleasant. We value your honest feedback as it provides us an opportunity to improve, hopefully allowing every guest to have the enjoyable stay we hope to provide them.

I hope that you will give us a chance to address your concerns, and perhaps give us another opportunity to show you that we strive to make sure our guests enjoy their stay.

Please feel free to contact me should you have any questions or need future accommodations. I would be delighted to personally assist you.

Area Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Roanoke, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

I booked the hotel for July 4. I arrived and had to wait almost 5 minutes or so for someone to come to the desk. Finally got our room. It was cute. A little kitchenette, a bar with a couple of stools, and a fridge. I didn't need all of that but if I did.. I would have had anything to cook with as there were no pots, pans, dishes, or silverware. I've never stayed at a suite so I don't know if that should be included. Anyway, the stay was fine. It was quiet. The next day when returning the key, I had to wait another 5 minutes for them. There was a person ahead of me when I came in who said "good luck. I've been waiting for a while." He left and then a person came to the desk. I told them that there was another person that he just stepped outside and they said "he'll be back." So I would say just work on that, having someone at the desk the whole time. Other than that I enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed July 2014
Sunsuites G, General Manager at Sun Suites of Greensboro, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking time out of your day to post a review on Trip Advisor. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay! Your feedback is very important to us and we will use that to continually improve our customer service experiences.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

At first I was put in a room that looked like the person just left. The pillows were array, the lights & TV was left on. But the front desk person was very kind and gave me another room. The room was clean and cool. It was definitely better than I thought for the price. I will definitely come back.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Sunsuites G, General Manager at Sun Suites of Greensboro, responded to this review, May 23, 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor regarding Sun Suites! We value our guests and your feedback is important to us. We are happy to know that you enjoyed your stay! Thanks again and we look forward to your next visit!

Best Regards

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

I have stayed in slimed every hotel at th same rate an have been very dissatisfied with Many things . From dirty linens , housekeeping not cleaning my room, bad service , free wifi that doesn't work and a list of online amenities that doesn't exist. I have stayed and am currently staying at the Sun Suites Greensboro. I have a queen room with a full kitchenette, granted it took me a minute to realize the timer inthe wall was for the stove. Everything has been great. My linens were clean kitchen and fridge clean. Some kitchen utensils for me IF I needed. And wifi that works. ... No running up my data usage!!! Great place, great staff, recommend Sun Suites to anyone needing an affordable place to stay with everything you need to survive.

• Stayed March 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you so much for the review you posted about Sun Suites Hotel!! We are so happy to hear that our amenities were helpful and our staff was friendly. Thanks again for your comments and we look forward to your return visit to Greensboro, NC.

Best Regards

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

I was moving out of one place, but new place wasn't ready to move into yet, so i just dropped in no reservation got a room that was like an apartment! i had all the eminities of home while away from home, it had a kitchen counter top eyes to cook on, refridgerator, microwave, even had a laundry area on site, i never had experienced that at a hotel before! So i was near one of the main streets that had all kinds of restraints and shopping. Right off the highway , friendly service, clean rooms , price was right! what more could you want? i checked in and didnt want to check out! Oh yes i will deffinately come back!

Room Tip: Rooms on upper levels have less unit noise,while corner suites are large and sunny. Rooms on the sou...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Sunsuites G, General Manager at Sun Suites of Greensboro, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review regarding your stay at Sun Suites! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that our amenities were exactly what you needed. We value our guests feedback and look forward to your next visit to Greensboro.

Jersey City, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

The hotel was built in 1998 and nothing has changed, All amenities are the same old and outdated , Loud noise all night, Door safety latch broken Ceiling had dark water stains from bathroom pipe which is located above bed. Floor tile peeling .Will never stay or recommend to anyone. Between low income families living there and the loud music from other rooms and parking lot and kids running around was worst stay at hotel. To management please don't bother to respond with automated response. You insult your guest by doing that. Briana was only bright spot.

Room Tip: Don't Go Stay away
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014 via mobile

This place is crap. Rooms are dirty and old. Service is horrible. Better prices around if you look. Staff is rude and lazy. Night shift guy was walking around bare footed in lobby. Just nasty and unprofessional. They never answer phone when you call and never have clean towels to switch out. BEWARE..THEY OFFER DISCOUNT IF YOU LEAVE GOOD REVIEW WHICH IS AGAINST TRIP ADVISOR POLICY. DONT DO IT. This place should be out of business.

• Stayed November 2013
Sunsuites G, General Manager at Sun Suites of Greensboro, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
I would like to thank you for your recent stay with us. I truly apologize you did not receive the service you expected. Your honest feedback is greatly appreciated as it provides us an opportunity to improve upon our customer service, hopefully allowing every guest to have the enjoyable stay we hope to provide them.

I would like the opportunity to speak with you as I was unable to locate any contact information concerning your stay. I would like to personally address your concerns in hopes you will give us the opportunity to show you that we do understand how to service our guest.

Please contact me concerning your stay I would be delighted to personally assist you.

Joa Watson
General manager

Been to Sun Suites of Greensboro? Share your experiences!