“Why haven't I stayed here sooner???!!???” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sun Suites of Greensboro

Save Saved
You added Sun Suites of Greensboro to your Saves list
Sun Suites of Greensboro
1.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1200 Lanada Rd., Greensboro, NC 27407 (Formerly Lodge America of Greensboro)   |
Ranked #56 of 75 Hotels in Greensboro
“Why haven't I stayed here sooner???!!???”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

I have stayed in slimed every hotel at th same rate an have been very dissatisfied with Many things . From dirty linens , housekeeping not cleaning my room, bad service , free wifi that doesn't work and a list of online amenities that doesn't exist. I have stayed and am currently staying at the Sun Suites Greensboro. I have a queen room with a full kitchenette, granted it took me a minute to realize the timer inthe wall was for the stove. Everything has been great. My linens were clean kitchen and fridge clean. Some kitchen utensils for me IF I needed. And wifi that works. ... No running up my data usage!!! Great place, great staff, recommend Sun Suites to anyone needing an affordable place to stay with everything you need to survive.

• Stayed March 2014
Sunsuites G, General Manager at Sun Suites of Greensboro, responded to this review, May 23, 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you so much for the review you posted about Sun Suites Hotel!! We are so happy to hear that our amenities were helpful and our staff was friendly. Thanks again for your comments and we look forward to your return visit to Greensboro, NC.

Best Regards

Tammy Nichols

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

I was moving out of one place, but new place wasn't ready to move into yet, so i just dropped in no reservation got a room that was like an apartment! i had all the eminities of home while away from home, it had a kitchen counter top eyes to cook on, refridgerator, microwave, even had a laundry area on site, i never had experienced that at a hotel before! So i was near one of the main streets that had all kinds of restraints and shopping. Right off the highway , friendly service, clean rooms , price was right! what more could you want? i checked in and didnt want to check out! Oh yes i will deffinately come back!

Room Tip: Rooms on upper levels have less unit noise,while corner suites are large and sunny. Rooms on the sou...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Sunsuites G, General Manager at Sun Suites of Greensboro, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review regarding your stay at Sun Suites! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that our amenities were exactly what you needed. We value our guests feedback and look forward to your next visit to Greensboro.

Best Regards,

Tammy Nichols
Jersey City, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

The hotel was built in 1998 and nothing has changed, All amenities are the same old and outdated , Loud noise all night, Door safety latch broken Ceiling had dark water stains from bathroom pipe which is located above bed. Floor tile peeling .Will never stay or recommend to anyone. Between low income families living there and the loud music from other rooms and parking lot and kids running around was worst stay at hotel. To management please don't bother to respond with automated response. You insult your guest by doing that. Briana was only bright spot.

Room Tip: Don't Go Stay away
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014 via mobile

This place is crap. Rooms are dirty and old. Service is horrible. Better prices around if you look. Staff is rude and lazy. Night shift guy was walking around bare footed in lobby. Just nasty and unprofessional. They never answer phone when you call and never have clean towels to switch out. BEWARE..THEY OFFER DISCOUNT IF YOU LEAVE GOOD REVIEW WHICH IS AGAINST TRIP ADVISOR POLICY. DONT DO IT. This place should be out of business.

• Stayed November 2013
Sunsuites G, General Manager at Sun Suites of Greensboro, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
I would like to thank you for your recent stay with us. I truly apologize you did not receive the service you expected. Your honest feedback is greatly appreciated as it provides us an opportunity to improve upon our customer service, hopefully allowing every guest to have the enjoyable stay we hope to provide them.

I would like the opportunity to speak with you as I was unable to locate any contact information concerning your stay. I would like to personally address your concerns in hopes you will give us the opportunity to show you that we do understand how to service our guest.

Please contact me concerning your stay I would be delighted to personally assist you.

General manager
Kernersville, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

This has been by far the worst hotel I've ever stayed in, booked through Priceline... Totaled around $40.00 a night . It really wasn't enjoyable, worried about my safety , and if I was getting bed bugs the whole night! Stayed on the second floor and the people above us were so loud!!!! Very noisy ! I would not recommend this hotel, and I will not be returning. Check in was simple, the attendant was nice , and when her cell phone rang she ignored it instead of answering it. The sheets had random different hair on them too. See the pictures I took for more.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

As we have not had any issues with BB's, this has been addressed and been reported to our exterminating company for inspection. All other issues you mentioned have been addressed as well.

I hope that you will give us a chance to address your concerns, and perhaps give us another opportunity to show you that we do understand how to serve our guests.

Please feel free to contact me should you have any questions or need future accommodations. I would be delighted to personally assist you.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2013

I stayed here about 2 weeks ago and even though it can be a bit noisy for the price this place is definitely a great value. The room was very clean and the front desk attendant was very thorough and fast checking me in. The area is right in the middle of every restaurant you could imagine and a Target and Walmart. Very close to I 40 also. Can't really complain about this hotel at all. I would definitely recommend

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
I would like to thank you for your recent stay with us. We are delighted you receive the service you expected. Your honest feedback is greatly appreciated as it provides us an opportunity to improve upon our customer service, hopefully allowing every guest to have the enjoyable stay we hope to provide them.

Glad you had a pleasant stay and thank you for your kind words, our staff can not wait to be of service to you again.

Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

Just went down from Boston this past weekend for the Pats-Panthers MNF game with my gf and stayed here for 2 nights to start the trip. When we first arrived we asked if we could check in early since our flight arrived before "Check-in time". The 2 attendants at the front desk were extremely rude and literally laughed in our faces and said "We dont have any rooms." Not the best first impression to give to say the least. We were not given an alternative or even a "Sorry we dont have any rooms but try to come back in a little while." Nope just pure laughter right in our faces and thats it. Not the best way to make people from out of state feel welcome. Needless to say if it weren't for the great price and location to where we planned on going in Greensboro we would have instantly canceled our reservation and found another hotel due to the atrocious customer service we were given.

When we were finally allowed to check-in the room itself was pretty good. Nice bed, no musty smell, fridge, sitting area and the bathroom was nice also. There were some faults here too however. There was an ironing board but no iron, no hair dryer for my gf to use, and one of the stove tops was broken off and just left there. The maid never came to our room either so we had to use the same wet towels on the 2nd day. Also they were not very quiet in rolling past the rooms at 9am when we were trying to sleep. The door to the room did not shut completely either so we had to use the chain on the door and hope for the best. Overall location and price were the only 2 things that kept us here. If your going to this area just for a place to put your head on the pillow at night then its perfect. A final note....the person who was at the desk when we checked out was EXTREMELY nice and courteous. A complete 180 from the 2 who were there at check-in.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Been to Sun Suites of Greensboro? Share your experiences!