“Stay Away Safety Risk” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Sun Suites of Greensboro

You added Sun Suites of Greensboro to your Saves list
Sun Suites of Greensboro
1.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1200 Lanada Rd., Greensboro, NC 27407 (Formerly Lodge America of Greensboro)   |
Ranked #65 of 75 Hotels in Greensboro
Jersey City, New Jersey
“Stay Away Safety Risk”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

The hotel was built in 1998 and nothing has changed, All amenities are the same old and outdated , Loud noise all night, Door safety latch broken Ceiling had dark water stains from bathroom pipe which is located above bed. Floor tile peeling .Will never stay or recommend to anyone. Between low income families living there and the loud music from other rooms and parking lot and kids running around was worst stay at hotel. To management please don't bother to respond with automated response. You insult your guest by doing that. Briana was only bright spot.

Room Tip: Don't Go Stay away
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

This place is crap. Rooms are dirty and old. Service is horrible. Better prices around if you look. Staff is rude and lazy. Night shift guy was walking around bare footed in lobby. Just nasty and unprofessional. They never answer phone when you call and never have clean towels to switch out. BEWARE..THEY OFFER DISCOUNT IF YOU LEAVE GOOD REVIEW WHICH IS AGAINST TRIP ADVISOR POLICY. DONT DO IT. This place should be out of business.

• Stayed November 2013
Sunsuites G, General Manager at Sun Suites of Greensboro, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
I would like to thank you for your recent stay with us. I truly apologize you did not receive the service you expected. Your honest feedback is greatly appreciated as it provides us an opportunity to improve upon our customer service, hopefully allowing every guest to have the enjoyable stay we hope to provide them.

I would like the opportunity to speak with you as I was unable to locate any contact information concerning your stay. I would like to personally address your concerns in hopes you will give us the opportunity to show you that we do understand how to service our guest.

Please contact me concerning your stay I would be delighted to personally assist you.

General manager
Kernersville, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

This has been by far the worst hotel I've ever stayed in, booked through Priceline... Totaled around $40.00 a night . It really wasn't enjoyable, worried about my safety , and if I was getting bed bugs the whole night! Stayed on the second floor and the people above us were so loud!!!! Very noisy ! I would not recommend this hotel, and I will not be returning. Check in was simple, the attendant was nice , and when her cell phone rang she ignored it instead of answering it. The sheets had random different hair on them too. See the pictures I took for more.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

As we have not had any issues with BB's, this has been addressed and been reported to our exterminating company for inspection. All other issues you mentioned have been addressed as well.

I hope that you will give us a chance to address your concerns, and perhaps give us another opportunity to show you that we do understand how to serve our guests.

Please feel free to contact me should you have any questions or need future accommodations. I would be delighted to personally assist you.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2013

I stayed here about 2 weeks ago and even though it can be a bit noisy for the price this place is definitely a great value. The room was very clean and the front desk attendant was very thorough and fast checking me in. The area is right in the middle of every restaurant you could imagine and a Target and Walmart. Very close to I 40 also. Can't really complain about this hotel at all. I would definitely recommend

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
I would like to thank you for your recent stay with us. We are delighted you receive the service you expected. Your honest feedback is greatly appreciated as it provides us an opportunity to improve upon our customer service, hopefully allowing every guest to have the enjoyable stay we hope to provide them.

Glad you had a pleasant stay and thank you for your kind words, our staff can not wait to be of service to you again.

Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

Just went down from Boston this past weekend for the Pats-Panthers MNF game with my gf and stayed here for 2 nights to start the trip. When we first arrived we asked if we could check in early since our flight arrived before "Check-in time". The 2 attendants at the front desk were extremely rude and literally laughed in our faces and said "We dont have any rooms." Not the best first impression to give to say the least. We were not given an alternative or even a "Sorry we dont have any rooms but try to come back in a little while." Nope just pure laughter right in our faces and thats it. Not the best way to make people from out of state feel welcome. Needless to say if it weren't for the great price and location to where we planned on going in Greensboro we would have instantly canceled our reservation and found another hotel due to the atrocious customer service we were given.

When we were finally allowed to check-in the room itself was pretty good. Nice bed, no musty smell, fridge, sitting area and the bathroom was nice also. There were some faults here too however. There was an ironing board but no iron, no hair dryer for my gf to use, and one of the stove tops was broken off and just left there. The maid never came to our room either so we had to use the same wet towels on the 2nd day. Also they were not very quiet in rolling past the rooms at 9am when we were trying to sleep. The door to the room did not shut completely either so we had to use the chain on the door and hope for the best. Overall location and price were the only 2 things that kept us here. If your going to this area just for a place to put your head on the pillow at night then its perfect. A final note....the person who was at the desk when we checked out was EXTREMELY nice and courteous. A complete 180 from the 2 who were there at check-in.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

Very Convenient location and the best price around. There is a Laundry facility on site and nice italian restaurant next door. Its Not bad for the money. Its a little noisey but its a trade off because of location is in a busy area.

• Stayed November 2013
Saint Louis, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

Where should I begin. The room smelled like an ashtray/wet cigarettes. Everything was smoke filled. We spent a small fortune on candles, sprays, and other types of air fresheners but nothing help. All the furniture was falling apart. The refrigerator was falling apart as well. We had to keep the bathroom door close as the toilet made the strange noise which interfered with sleeping at night.

The hotel is doing some renovations and our room was between two rooms in the middle of renovations. Well, on our first morning there we were awoke to hammering, loud talking, and door banging/slamming at 7:30 am. This went on for at least two hours. At one point I had to go out and asked that the worker to hold the door and not let it slam against the latch. He totally ignored my request and continued to allow the door to slam and talk loud on his cell phone.

Called the front desk about the noise and was told by the person who answered, there was nothing he could do as he was just the night security guard. We were told someone would would be in, in 10 minutes and would call us. Well needless to say I had to call them back as the noise got worst and no one had called me back after 15 minutes.

I spoke to the front desk and was given an apology and offered an explanation. It appears the work was suppose to be completed the day we checked in but for unknown reasons was not. We were also told that if the work was not completed that day then and only then would we be moved to another room provided one was available. This left me to believe that we were stuck. What idiot would assign a guest a room between rooms in the middle of renovations? I think it is great the hotel is making the much needed renovations, kudos to them. However, they need to work out something so that the guest do not suffer. Footnote: the noise never stopped the entire time we we there (a week). It just went from a starting time of 7:30am to maybe 8:30 am. Later in the week we realized they were renovating several rooms on the side where we were. How lucky could we be?

Then there was the issue of clean towels. When I went to the office to get clean towels there were none. They were being washed. Five hours later I went back and was give some of the towels. It appears they were still being laundered. How do you run a hotel without clean towel? Went back the next day still not towels. You guessed it. They were still being laundered.

Top add salt to the womb, most of the staff were not very friendly. Whatever happened to friendly customer service?

They also have a sign that says if you give them a good review on Trip Advisory you get a discount on your next stay. Surely they are kidding.

The only positive about this hotel is its location. Close to shopping and restaurants. But so are the other hotels near by.

Yes, we considered checking out but all the hotels were filled or prices were jacked up due to a big weekend in the city.

Note: On our last night we came in a there was a young man standing in the doorway of his Rommel, door open, smoking dope. Around 2:00 am a group started yelling, laughing, and running around outside. This continued for the next three hours.

My advise, do yourself a favor and stay as far away from this sorry place as you can. Check into one of the many other hotels in the area (Days Inn, Quality Inn, Suburban, Hyatt). Anywhere but here. Save yourself the headache and frustration that we had. Also beware of the positive reviews they offer a discount on your next stay if you give a positive review and let the know before you leave so they can verify it. They have a sign on the check in desk stating sure. In other words guess are paid for a good review.

Room Tip: Don't check in end.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Sunsuites G, General Manager at Sun Suites of Greensboro, responded to this review, November 5, 2013

After speaking with you this Moring I'm glad you where understanding of the renovations we are undergoing to make every guest experience as pleasant as we would like.

Sun Suites are glad we had a chance to address your concerns, and give us another opportunity to show you that we do understand how to serve our guests.

Been to Sun Suites of Greensboro? Share your experiences!