“Attentive waitress but okay burger” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 775 Restaurants in Greensboro
Cuisines: Hamburgers
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
“Attentive waitress but okay burger”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

I ate here on a Wednesday afternoon and it wasn't too busy. The waitresses were very attentive. I didn't order one if their speciality burgers but instead choose to make my own custom burger. Perhaps this is why I was blown away. I ordered my burger with lettuce, onion, there house made horseradish sauce, and a friend green tomato. The meat was good, the bun was good, the friend green tomato was really small and very firm, the horseradish sauce was basically a whole mustard seed sauce ( I'm almost convinced they gave me the wrong sauce) but I think I tasted a hint of horseradish. I also ordered the rosemary garlic fries, they were not greasy at all, which was nice and they tasted a lot like rosemary. My friend ordered the Mad haddock fish sandwich, it looked soooo good and I think she liked it, though she only ate two bites before asking for a to go box??? It was fairly priced, both our meals were around 13$. BE WARNED for all my fellow vertically challenged friends out there, DONT SIT AT THE BAR. I am about 5'4 and the bar is so tall that I had to sit on the very edge of my chair, perhaps I didn't enjoy me meal as much because I couldn't reach my food comfortably.

Summerfield, North Carolina
“Didn't love it”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I love the idea of it, just didn't have the greatest experience. The burger didn't taste great at the time, and I had gastro distress to the extreme later that night and the next day. The toppings on the burger were wonderful, so I pushed the idea of the meat being a little old to the back of my mind. But it was.

Visited November 2013
Fairfax, Virginia
“Sunday Night Surprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

There are not many restaurants open on Sunday night in Greensboro, so we ended up at a place I had never heard of -- Hops Burger Bar. Their homemade veggie burgers are out of this world! They even offer the option of healthy side dishes, like veggies. Needless to say, I plan to return the next time I'm in Greensboro. Craig Herberg

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Charleston, South Carolina
“Great beer and burger bar!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

If you are questioning whether or not to come to Hops...stop...get in the car and come on down! This place is solid.

Whenever we are in town, we come here and always have Joseph as our server, and he is outstanding. The beer selection is large but not overwhelming. The burgers are creative and delicious and you really can't go wrong in your choice!

P.S. Try the buffalo fries!!

Visited December 2013
“Excellent ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

Hubby and I had the Northcarolinian burger,it was absolutely delicious! The egg is prepared runny but you can definitely have it prepared well. The beer was definitely a hit. You can also sample different beers. The staff was exceptionally nice. We will definitely be going back!