“Great food and a quiet spot in the bar” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Green Valley Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 775 Restaurants in Greensboro
Cuisines: Continental
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Friendly Avenue & Benjamin Parkway
Description: Visit us and enjoy informally elegant dining and seasonal food using old-world European culinary sensibilities and flavors from areas such as the Tuscan area of Italy or the Provence region of France. Our wine list receives the Wine Spectator Award of Excellence each year and features 50 wines by the glass. Have your own private wine tasting with our Wine Flights. The freshest food prepared by a passionate team, and served by friendly and competent people, is a recipe for a great dining experience. When you add an eclectic decor and dining alfresco in our Courtyard, you will imagine that you have traveled farther than you did. We welcome you to dine with us seven days a week for lunch, dinner, or late night. Adjacent to the O.Henry Hotel.
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Great food and a quiet spot in the bar”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

My wife was at afternoon tea at the O'Henry. We planned on shopping afterwards so I decided to spend the afternoon having lunch and getting some personal projects done on the web in the Green Valley Grill/bar

The soup of the day was spectacular and very filling. Later I had a chicken sandwhich that was very good. Service was attentive but not obtrusive as I spent 3 hours there.

It was a great place to spend a rainey cold Saturday afternoon

Audrey D, Manager at Green Valley Grill, responded to this review, December 19, 2013
You certainly describe perfectly what an afternoon should be at our restaurant. We think it's important to let our guests pace their own experience, whether or not the have 30 minutes for lunch or in you case--a rainy afternoon. The soup is one of the best parts of the menu--different chefs create new soups daily and you just can't go wrong with that! Say hello next time you're in!

Charleston, South Carolina
“EXCEPTIONAL Dining”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

I surprised my husband, and made dinner reservations via your website. Your menu drew me in. The airplane was delayed, on Friday night, however, it was only 11 min later than what we expected to arrive. we were very promptly seated, lobby was FULL of folks waiting. Matthew, our server took extra special attention to my special diet, and recommended Parmesan chicken and I had to write. This is the best meal I've had in all on North Carolina! Exceptional service! My husband enjoyed the rotisserie. Chicken, delectable choices!

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
We are honored to be called exceptional! Matthew is great, I'll definitely make sure he sees your review. Our service staff is a huge part of the reason guests who have experiences like yours share with others in the trip advisor community. Thank you so much!

Julian, North Carolina
“Mouthwatering Birthday Dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

December 7th was my birthday and my husband wanted me to choose our dinner venue. I chose the Green Valley Grill at the O.Henry Hotel in Greensboro. I always order the parmasean crusted chicken because it is so wonderful but when I saw scallops on the menu, I knew I had to try them. This was the most incredibly delicious dinner I believe either of us have ever had. We started our meal with a glass of chardonnay and a beer. We ordered the Truffled mushroom flatbread and added Giacomo’s sausage and caramelized onions = AMAZING! This needs to be a staple for the GVG menu! For my entree I ordered the Pan Seared Scallops over butternut squash and sauteed spinach and it was INCREDIBLE and had a Gorgeous Presentation! My husband's entree was the Oak-fired Filet Mignon topped w/Gorgonzola stuffed portabella mushroom – OMG!! The best filet I’ve ever tasted!! Absolutely Mouthwatering!! Our wonderful waitress topped our evening off with a piece of Rich Chocolate Cake for my birthday. If you go to the GVG website and look at the menus and wine list page, you can see a picture of everything I've mentioned above, except for the cake. I can't wait to go back! Next time we'll have to stay at the O.Henry Hotel so that we can wake up and have their fantastic buffet breakfast! The GVG changes their menu seasonally so hurry up and get over there so that you can enjoy this same meal before the end of January! Cheers!

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Audrey D, Manager at Green Valley Grill, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
WOW!!! Our team is thrilled you enjoyed your experience with us--it is our mission to deliver on food, service, and atmosphere so we could not be more delighted to see your comments on all those aspects. Thank you so much for choosing to spend your birthday celebration with us!

Greensboro, North Carolina
“If There's a Better Place in Greensboro, Please Tell Me Where”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

Ambiance! Staff! Food!
How's that for a good start? A wonderful restaurant and bar. A restaurant that doesn't have a bad seat in place, along with good outside seating. I certainly don't know of a place in Greensboro that you can 75 wine choices by the glass. The food is wonderful and prices are not hateful and staff is very hands on, seemingly always close by should you need something. During the past 18 months I've likely been to over 100 restaurants and this is by far the best.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
This is simply wonderful! It is an honor to receive high praises from you! Thanks for being our advocate.

Raleigh, North Carolina
“Post Concert Gracious Dining”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

Attended a Christmas concert at the Greensboro Coliseum and the Green Valley Grill is just a few miles from the Coliseum. The atmosphere was warm and inviting and the staff were gracious and pleasant in their attention and serving. The sweet potato bisque soup was savory and warm on a cold winter's night. Combine this with entrees of pan seared scallops and baked pecan crusted trout, topped off by a rustic apple tart and you have the makings for a very fine dinner and an enjoyable experience. This is definitely a restaurant that you will want to return time after time as the menu does change. Dress can be casual to black tie (pre/post formal, concert and theatre activities) and serves individuals, couples, families and groups.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Audrey D, Manager at Green Valley Grill, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
This is fantastic! Your review points out every part of what we are about-- from the food to our service. We appreciate you taking the time to share this experience with the Trip Advisor community.