“Best Steak” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #76 of 723 Restaurants in Greensboro
Cross street: Benjamin Parkway
NC
“Best Steak”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

Great occasion meal. Pricey but worth every penny. I recommend the filet mignon and the potatoes au gratin.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Winston Salem, North Carolina
“Excellent dining experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

My husband and I went to Ruth's Chris on a Monday night and walked in without a reservation. I'd recommend making a reservation if you visit on a weekend. Our server, Chris, was phenomenal throughout the entire meal. Once seated, he explained the menu to us (we had never visited a Ruth's Chris before) and took our order for drinks and an appetizer. I would not recommend the barbeque shrimp as an app- I found it to be a bit bland, but my husband liked it. They serve you bread and butter almost as soon as you sit down. We both decided on steak for our entree- a filet for him and a petite filet for me with the blue cheese crust. Though we both ordered our steaks medium, there was a very noticeable difference in his and mine. Mine was clearly overcooked. When I mentioned this to our waiter, he volunteered to have them send me a new steak. We waited a little while (not too terribly long) for the new steak and it was perfect- Absolutely the best steak I've ever eaten. The manager came by the table to apologize and make sure that my new steak was to my liking. Side dishes here are served a la carte and cost around $10 each! Each one can serve at least two people. We ordered the mashed potatoes (very good) and the asparagus with hollandaise (pretty good). After the meal I went to the restroom and returned to learn that another manager had come by the table and offered us a free dessert for our trouble. We indulged in the cheesecake, which was incredible and beautifully presented. My husband also had an after-dinner drink. Our entire bill (minus the free dessert) was a little over $150. Yes, this is an expensive place, but the food and impeccable service makes it a fair price. I highly recommend visiting Ruth's Chris.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Rancho Murieta, California
“All I could taste was butter.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

Friends gave us a gift certificate so we gave it a try. The service was good but nothing special. My rib eye arrived on their standard sizzling plate swimming in butter and still cooking. By the time it cooled enough to eat, it had gone past the medium I had ordered. It never got a chance to properly rest so the meat did not get a chance to relax. In my opinion it was tough. I ordered the sautéed mushrooms which also arrived soaking in butter. For the price range I expected better service and certainly better quality food. I won't be returning.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Kernersville, North Carolina
“Delightful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

The food was phenominal and the staff above and beyond friendly and courteous. Well worth the high prices.

Visited December 2012
High Point, North Carolina
“Great, Great Steak”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Our family visited Ruth's to celebrate our successes. It was a Great experience and the all the food we had was Awesome. I had the Filet. This was without a doubt, one of the best steaks I have ever had. My wife and daughter were equally impressed with their food. To cap it off for dessert, I had the Bread Pudding. This was a great way to end the evening. One thing I will say about Ruth's. If you are not use to it, it is Very Expensive. For us, this is for very special occassions, but they provide that Great dinner for a meaningful time in our lives. I highly recommend Ruth's and look forward to coming back.

• Visited December 2012